These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5961 - 2012-07-28 12:47:53 UTC
Sarah Atkinson wrote:

Dunno wether i rated you before, but, i just have to say that i absolutely love what you did with your lips. That may be one ot the most kissable mouths in the forums -a rare feat as the avatar mouths are a nightmare. If i had to object anything would be the dark eyeshadow. Seriously, try a light pink one, Sarah is too young to wear dark eyeshadow. Will give 9.5/10 as she can be improved, but not too much.

PS: try the black tank top, it's not expensive and the black straps are a killer.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5962 - 2012-07-28 17:23:25 UTC
It's much better than a couple days ago. Right now, the worst part is having your left pupil dragged over too far. Makes the avatar look cross-eyed. And the background is kinda meh. 8/10
Vagilicious
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5963 - 2012-07-28 20:12:32 UTC
Adalynne Rohks wrote:

I like the facial expression, like something's caught you by surprise. Your face is well crafted, the only thing I'd say is that the picture is a little dark for my taste, and the blue light doesn't really sit well with me. Pretty good though! 8/10

Now lets see if I can get rated this time without being skipped over... P
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#5964 - 2012-07-28 21:06:15 UTC
7/10

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Sarah Atkinson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5965 - 2012-07-28 21:20:25 UTC
Vagilicious, bit of a wild one here. I keep looking at your avatar and can't make up my mind what I don't like about her; but if I had to guess, I'd say she appears a little overwhelming and nothing seems to match. The red dreads work fine and blend well with her attire, but her make-up seems off and the tattoo is out of place.

As a rule; opposite colours work well. Check out a colour wheel and see if you can improve her make-up a little. I'd also consider removing the tattoo.. but other than that, she has a believable face and both the pose and lighting seem fine too. I want to give you more, but as it stands I think a 6.5/10 is fair.

Ianyale; I really don't like those background, but that's just my personal opinion. She has a cute face though and the general structure doesn't seem so bad; she does however have very flat cheekbones, it isn't really a problem, you just need to find your characters good side; try facing her face on to the camera and she where that gets you. I'd also play around with her expression, because right now nothing really jumps out at me.. she seems rather bland.

The hair is fine and the tattoos are okay; just play with her pose a little and I'm sure you can get something much better out of her. 6.5/10.

Pickles!

Eija-Riitta Veitonen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5966 - 2012-07-28 21:26:45 UTC
I'm bad at describing faces, so i'll just give ya 9/10 - looks nice and believable.

p.s. i'm also bad at creating characters and taking photos, so don't throw rocks at me, please Smile
Sarah Atkinson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5967 - 2012-07-28 21:51:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah Atkinson
I'm not big enough to throw rocks.. so I stick to small pebbles.

I always try and give constructive feed-back though, so I'll have a stab at rating yours for you Eija.

She has a very square face; a somewhat masculine face in actual fact, so the cut off square fringe isn't helping. That hair style is further adding to your characters imperfections, I'd change it for something longer perhaps. While you were creating her I noticed you'd allowed her shoulders to drop down into a slouch; either that or it's just the pose; either way I'd change her pose to something less effortless.

Her eyes and nose seem fine, I can't really grumble there and her lips are good too.. she just needs a smile or some form of expression, right now she looks fixed in some blank emotionless frown.. if that makes any sense at all? Cheer her up and maybe tone down the lipstick and you'll have yourself a nice avatar Eija.

There's potential here, but you might also want to work on your framing. She's too far off to the left. I hope you do decided to take me up on some of these pointers. If you do, you should come back here for a second review! 5/10.

Pickles!

Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5968 - 2012-07-28 21:56:51 UTC
I don't remember getting to do yours, officially, so here goes... It's one of my favorites, too, so any nitpicking is just attempting to be constructive.

I think that you could go with a different iris color to make the eyes really pop. Right now they look good, but in the small version especially, they're just kinda black. Also, if there was a way to rotate your pose/head to eliminate the funky shadow on your shoulder, that would clean it up to just about perfect. Easier said than done, eh? :-)

9+/10
Andre II
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5969 - 2012-07-28 22:00:01 UTC
She's pretty cute, like a blonde supermodel. Possibly from Germany. 7/10 +1

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=47868

Ruby Darling
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5970 - 2012-07-28 22:49:08 UTC
@Andre II
if you move your head position more to right, I think it will give a better composition. Right now it feels a bit hard to focus on where I should look into your shot. I like the smile. :) 7/10
Vagilicious
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5971 - 2012-07-29 09:31:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Vagilicious
Sarah Atkinson wrote:
Vagilicious, bit of a wild one here. I keep looking at your avatar and can't make up my mind what I don't like about her; but if I had to guess, I'd say she appears a little overwhelming and nothing seems to match. The red dreads work fine and blend well with her attire, but her make-up seems off and the tattoo is out of place.

As a rule; opposite colours work well. Check out a colour wheel and see if you can improve her make-up a little. I'd also consider removing the tattoo.. but other than that, she has a believable face and both the pose and lighting seem fine too. I want to give you more, but as it stands I think a 6.5/10 is fair.

Thanks for the feedback. I was never happy with the tattoo to be honest, I think it was more a case of getting over excited when the bodymods were introduced, lol. Removed and tweaked the makeup slightly. Let's see if this improves my score Big smile

@Ruby Darling - I'm not sure why, but I do like your avatar. Kinda reminds me of Joanna Lumley. Could use a bit of tweaking in the lighting, but overall pretty good. 8.5/10
Tuireann Naari
Doomheim
#5972 - 2012-07-29 09:33:36 UTC
Redhead with dreadlock-like hair?

Is confused.

5/10
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#5973 - 2012-07-29 09:58:37 UTC
6/10

Pretty generic but handsome... the cemented hair is a bit too much.^^

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

terzslave
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5974 - 2012-07-29 10:04:38 UTC
pretty........looks like emma stone. 10/10
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5975 - 2012-07-29 10:15:12 UTC
terzslave wrote:

Methinks that yer clone hath expired, sir...

I guess that you're loking to be a mean undead capsuleer, and that works admirably. The eyes, the skin tone, the scar, all makes look like soemoen who spat on the face of death and came back to torment his peers. Only so-so it's the hair, really CCP should fix that hairstyle as it looks like a cheap hairpiece. Will say 8/10 because although ti's not bad, it also isn't excellent.

(BTW, anyone who rates me next, please point wether you see me with black hair or red hair, dunno wether the new portrait has gone live)

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#5976 - 2012-07-29 10:18:44 UTC
terzslave wrote:
pretty........looks like emma stone. 10/10

Hey, that's right! I did aim for an asian Jessica Biel though, but thanks.^^

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5977 - 2012-07-29 10:22:43 UTC
@ Ishtanchuk

Lookin alot better now. The angle hides the eye and mouth flaws alot better, and the skin tone looks right in that light. Main knock on this one is that the black top combined with that background makes your head look disembodied. It's a nice head, floating there, but hard to see the shoulders. 8+/10
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5978 - 2012-07-29 10:28:58 UTC
Adalynne Rohks wrote:
@ Ishtanchuk

Lookin alot better now. The angle hides the eye and mouth flaws alot better, and the skin tone looks right in that light. Main knock on this one is that the black top combined with that background makes your head look disembodied. It's a nice head, floating there, but hard to see the shoulders. 8+/10

Gee, I picked the wrong final picture... *facepalm*

Anyway, on you: I almost like what you did with expression but the image is too dark to judge wether it's a hit or a miss (opening the mouth it's one of the toughest things to do, along with moving the inner eyebrows). Will give you a 7/10 until you can be seen in proper light. Blink

terzslave
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5979 - 2012-07-29 10:30:08 UTC  |  Edited by: terzslave
edit :@Adalaynne Rohks, sorry Ishtanchuk I'm not skipping you or anything, you just posted yours in before I did.

Preferred your last portrait more because I don't like the facial expression, and oh yes I know what your old portrait looks like..........I've been watching you -_-

7/10 but 9/10 for the one you used to have :)
Americe Zane
The Lucky Punx
#5980 - 2012-07-29 11:38:35 UTC
terzslave wrote:
edit :@Adalaynne Rohks, sorry Ishtanchuk I'm not skipping you or anything, you just posted yours in before I did.

Preferred your last portrait more because I don't like the facial expression, and oh yes I know what your old portrait looks like..........I've been watching you -_-

7/10 but 9/10 for the one you used to have :)

8/10

Looks like an experienced ship captain that has seen many battles. -2 simply because I don't like the eyes (they kind of creep me out Oops), but they fit you avatar.