These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Unified Inventory, one BIG step backwards (fix needed)

First post
Author
Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#21 - 2012-07-28 21:59:35 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Elise Randolph wrote:
ATM on SiSi you can right click, open fuel bay. Though I honestly find it more of a burden than using the new UI where I can access the fuel bay without having to right-click anything.
The burden is that they don't open in the separate windows you've set up for them, but rather in the “primary” or “secondary” windows where more important things are showing atm. The problem isn't the rclick menu — it's that there is no longer any way to control what is opened where.

For the rclick menu in general, the problem isn't that there's a lot of stuff in it — it's that it's full of stuff that has nothing to do with the context and thus don't belong in a contextual menu, whereas tons of things that do make sense in the context are not there. Context menus are only problematic if they don't care about the context, which is exactly what the current rclick menu fails to do.

Its true that one or another rightclick menu is overloaded with stuff that is not usefull, but because it is not usefull for you, or me, does not mean that it is not usefull for anyone.
One rusty old "veteran" on the other side, might say its a thing you just have to learn.^^

Yet, full customization of even those menus might be something that we "could" have in a distant future.

But, for the here and now, there should not be a step back with every step ahead, it just does not make sense to remove usefull features, CCP knows that, and still you have to point them at the stuff they did wrong.
And I still wonder why we have to do this...
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#22 - 2012-07-28 22:26:25 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
I haven't read the rest of this thread (not sure if this was already posted) ,but would like to point out that the context menu items for opening all the holds, including cargo, have been restored on SiSi already.
…but not the corp hangar (largely because corp hangars no longer exist as an entity, which is pretty sad and which would benefit from a fix).
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#23 - 2012-07-28 22:29:03 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
I haven't read the rest of this thread (not sure if this was already posted) ,but would like to point out that the context menu items for opening all the holds, including cargo, have been restored on SiSi already.
…but not the corp hangar (largely because corp hangars no longer exist as an entity, which is pretty sad and which would benefit from a fix).

You can see them out in space though. Clicking the name opens the first hanger. The fact that this function is missing in hanger has been defected.

Now that a lot of devs are back this week I see alot of defects getting corrected should be a great release on the 8th.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2012-07-28 22:44:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Salpun wrote:
You can see them out in space though. Clicking the name opens the first hanger. The fact that this function is missing in hanger has been defected.
Well what do you know…

…now if only they could stop them from opening in the primary UnInventory window and instead realise they already have windows prepared for them, we'd almost start to approach something useful.

I still want my corp hangar window back, though. It was so much more convenient. Cry
Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#25 - 2012-07-29 02:21:26 UTC
Lets see what 8th august brings...
Previous page12