These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

3.7M sp noob looking for a home in Amarr FW or PVP Corp

Author
Lux Levitas
#1 - 2012-07-27 01:29:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Lux Levitas
Total EVE noob here looking to get into PVP. I have only been playing since late April, and I am ready to make the big leap and join my first player ran corp.

After much soul searching and forums lurking I am looking to join with fellow Amarrians/allies in the noble passtime of making internet spaceships asplode. FW looks fun (flaws aside), and seems like just the place for me to be introduced to EVE PVP.

My main interests in EVE are centered around PVP (all shapes and sizes....boo to missions/mining). I would love to find an Amarr FW corp with friendly people that are willing to work with a PVP noob, but I am open to other PVP corps as well. As stated in the title I currently am sitting at ~3.7M sp almost all of which are dedicated to combat skills.

I am normally active during 00:00-06:00 EVE time (evenings/nights US CENTRAL time)

I realize Amarr FW isnt going swimmingly thus far, but I am hoping that can change.

Thanks in advance to any would-be bumpers and/or interested parties for your consideration.

Character info: Lux Levitas

*edit*added link to character
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#2 - 2012-07-27 01:40:48 UTC
Project Cerberus is a caldari faction war corporation, mainly US TZ based. We live in lowsec and are willing to teach noobs who are willing to learn. We however, ask that you train for quite a few caldari ships, as that is what we use for a lot of our fleets. You can join our public channel "Kitten Chokers Club" for more information. API for skills and a microphone required.

Also, we do share a home system in caldari faction war with amarrian retribution. An amarr faction war corp at heart, that has moved to caldari space since the situation in terms of making isk while on the amarr front was quite hopeless for them at this time. You could possibly contact flyinghotpocket for more information if your heart screams "amarr victor". Either way we'll probably end up flying together Smile
Lux Levitas
#3 - 2012-07-27 01:51:39 UTC
Quote:
We however, ask that you train for quite a few caldari ships, as that is what we use for a lot of our fleets.

Many thanks for the bump and the interest, but I really don't want to fly Caldari, nothing against Caldari ships personally, but I don't want to spend the training time on stuff that I don't want to fly.

All the same, thank you for the offer and the reference to Amarrian Retribution, I may check them out and see if perhaps they are the Corp for me.
Lauren Sheaperd
Cry Wolf.
#4 - 2012-07-27 08:44:50 UTC
Lux Levitas wrote:
Total EVE noob here looking to get into PVP. I have only been playing since late April, and I am ready to make the big leap and join my first player ran corp.

After much soul searching and forums lurking I am looking to join with fellow Amarrians/allies in the noble passtime of making internet spaceships asplode. FW looks fun (flaws aside), and seems like just the place for me to be introduced to EVE PVP.

My main interests in EVE are centered around PVP (all shapes and sizes....boo to missions/mining). I would love to find an Amarr FW corp with friendly people that are willing to work with a PVP noob, but I am open to other PVP corps as well. As stated in the title I currently am sitting at ~3.7M sp almost all of which are dedicated to combat skills.

I am normally active during 00:00-06:00 EVE time (evenings/nights US CENTRAL time)

I realize Amarr FW isnt going swimmingly thus far, but I am hoping that can change.

Thanks in advance to any would-be bumpers and/or interested parties for your consideration.

Hey!

While this is usually where I give my own recruitment stuff, you're out of timezone for us. So I suggest you take a look at Repo, who are US TZ, if you want to learn some small gang/solo PvP and fly with some really cool guys. They are mature, understand that RL comes first, don't care for silly e-drama and aren't stuck up. The only problem you might have is they are pirates, but if you're interested just be ready to plunge with that sec status. =D

Why do I even have a signature these days?

Lux Levitas
#5 - 2012-07-27 09:38:06 UTC
Lauren Sheaperd wrote:
Lux Levitas wrote:

Hey!

While this is usually where I give my own recruitment stuff, you're out of timezone for us. So I suggest you take a look at Repo, who are US TZ, if you want to learn some small gang/solo PvP and fly with some really cool guys. They are mature, understand that RL comes first, don't care for silly e-drama and aren't stuck up. The only problem you might have is they are pirates, but if you're interested just be ready to plunge with that sec status. =D

HI! Thanks for the bump. I hadn't actually thought about joining up with a Pirate corp. I don't have any problems with pirates at all, truth be told, I think pirates are some of the most honest folks in EVE and I wish there was more reward for them. Just seems like it would be sort of thing that is tons of fun, but pretty much requires you to have another account, and I'd rather spend my time playing on one character for the time being.

At the end of the day, I'm not looking to get rich or anything. I only really need to be able to make enough isk to keep myself in ships, not sure how well I'd do if my income depended on me actually killing stuff (at least until I get a decent handle on PVP).

Again, thanks for response, I will keep Repo in mind. Judging from their site, they do seem like a good bunch of fun loving space scoundrels.
Lauren Sheaperd
Cry Wolf.
#6 - 2012-07-27 09:53:13 UTC
Lux Levitas wrote:
Lauren Sheaperd wrote:
Lux Levitas wrote:

Hey!

HI! Thanks for the bump. I hadn't actually thought about joining up with a Pirate corp. I don't have any problems with pirates at all, truth be told, I think pirates are some of the most honest folks in EVE and I wish there was more reward for them. Just seems like it would be sort of thing that is tons of fun, but pretty much requires you to have another account, and I'd rather spend my time playing on one character for the time being.

At the end of the day, I'm not looking to get rich or anything. I only really need to be able to make enough isk to keep myself in ships, not sure how well I'd do if my income depended on me actually killing stuff (at least until I get a decent handle on PVP).

Again, thanks for response, I will keep Repo in mind. Judging from their site, they do seem like a good bunch of fun loving space scoundrels.

The only real support you need is a way to make isk and a way to haul - which can be done with relatively low-sp investment on a single account. A hauler that can move Battlecruisers take about five days of training (Minmatar, train for a hoarder and rig it) and there are ways to make isk without diverting too much time from your main either. Just a thought, I know quite a few Repo. guys run single accounts - you might want to talk to them about it for more detail.

Why do I even have a signature these days?

Lux Levitas
#7 - 2012-07-27 22:54:09 UTC
bump

Thanks to everyone who responded! Got some good responses, a lot more than I thought I would, but would like to hear from some more corps before I make a decision.