These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The ability to Buy & Sell Kill Rights on Market or Contracts.

Author
Velarra
#1 - 2012-07-26 21:22:39 UTC
'Would love to be able to buy or sell Kill-Rights on the market or contracts.
Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#2 - 2012-07-26 22:54:14 UTC
With this this kill right would finally makes any sense. If you use a combat-skilled Char you are able to revenge yourself also without killrights. If you are a miner and get ganked you get an totally useless killright for what? At the moment they also could deactivate the kill rights, it wouldn´t make any differences.
Velarra
#3 - 2012-07-27 15:16:24 UTC
Griffin Omanid wrote:
With this this kill right would finally makes any sense. If you use a combat-skilled Char you are able to revenge yourself also without killrights. If you are a miner and get ganked you get an totally useless killright for what? At the moment they also could deactivate the kill rights, it wouldn´t make any differences.

In the same way one might make a pure indy alt, the same can be done with say a catalyst/thrasher alt. An alt that only ever enters into a ship just before it warps to a target it's going to pop. The killrights on these characters don't strike me as overly valuable for anyone involved.

On the other hand, other forms of killright acquisition scenario could lead to some entertainment.
Dusenman
Sensible People
Sigma Grindset
#4 - 2012-07-27 16:13:48 UTC
It is an interesting idea. Not sure how it would the current state of ganking.

GM Homonoia: In other words; feel free to use the tactic, but don't be an utter and total ***.

CCP Tallest_: _And by "we have made it so", I mean Punkturis has made it so.

Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#5 - 2012-07-27 17:43:48 UTC
Ok you can still create gank alts. But i guess a char older then 3 month will surely be further played. But okay a gank alt needs 1 month skill time, and there is still the possibility that it prescribes after a month.

It is just, one month after i started with eve I thought i could live in a lowsec system, and lived more or less good and save for around a further month. Then a cruiser and BC were destroyed (totally failfits) and i was podded both times... I learned my lessons from this but i also still not know what i should have done with the three kill rights. Cause the three pirates flew in strategic cruisers I´m quit sure that they are further used, but i wouldn´t be able to use the kill rights back then.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#6 - 2012-07-27 18:34:33 UTC
It would replace the current bounty system and actually give the bounty hunting profession some meaning. If you had a black market or some type of system that you could sell kill rights and drugs, then a bounty hunter could open said market, find a kill right for a player he/she wants to hunt, and buy the whole lot. Then that bounty hunter can now engage that player with no sec hit to them, like the bounty hunting profession should be able to do. This would actually give meaning to the risk vs rewards of being a pirate. Could it be abused? sure, but so is the current system.

I like this idea, as when i first started i wanted to be a bounty hunter/anti pirate, but then realized that i would take a sec hit and eventual be no better off then the pirates i was hunting.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.