These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

So...I popped into a lowsec system with my stealth ship...

Author
Wetwater
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-07-27 16:50:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Wetwater
Looking for exploration sites.

The first thing I noticed was a -10 standing bad guy by the name of Keyanu at the gate.

I did the afterburner plus cloak thing and headed out.

Second thing I noticed was that Keyanu warped off quick. No shame, he probably wasn't gate camping and I took him by surprise.

However, I sat there cloaked and waited. Soon another toon came in and sat in his noobship by the gate. Keyanu then warped in a few seconds later, popped then podded the guy in the noob ship.

He then warped off.

Curious, I sat there cloaked and watched. Sure enough, a few minutes later the noob came back in his noob ship and, a few seconds later Keyanu warps in...pops then pods the noob.

Disgusted, I went into system to explore.

Please please please tell me that you all can detect pathetic attempts to look like a great PvPer like Keyanu's by {creative bookkeeping} like this are recognizable.

I get the feeling this happens quite a bit by people not as transparent as Keyanu and so maybe harder to detect.
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#2 - 2012-07-27 16:52:37 UTC
lol "cheating"
Rain King
Playing Alone Sucks
#3 - 2012-07-27 16:53:04 UTC
I wouldn't call it cheating...more like 'creative bookkeeping'. Another reason why KMs should be deep sixed.
Dave stark
#4 - 2012-07-27 16:53:36 UTC
the salty tang of tears.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#5 - 2012-07-27 16:56:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
There is a reason why kill boards don't count rookie ships, shuttles, or often pods as real kills.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#6 - 2012-07-27 17:29:44 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
There is a reason why kill boards don't count rookie ships, shuttles, or often pods as real kills.

Yup, i know the RvB killboard list kills followed by real kills which excludes rookie ships (not sure about shuttles or pods, but woujd think so).

That said are you sure it was for kb padding and not griefing a courier mission botter or some off attempt at easy isk from faction warfare?
Patrakele
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-07-27 17:32:23 UTC
Most of the pvpers these have manginas so it's not surprising.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-07-27 17:46:53 UTC
Yup that's pretty much sums up lowsec "PvP". Pirate

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Wetwater
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-07-27 17:49:16 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

Yup, i know the RvB killboard list kills followed by real kills which excludes rookie ships (not sure about shuttles or pods, but woujd think so).

That said are you sure it was for kb padding and not griefing a courier mission botter or some off attempt at easy isk from faction warfare?

One can never be certain, but the noob ship uncloaking by the gate and sitting there makes it a high probability.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-07-27 17:49:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Not this kind of thread again.

We ALL know that this is happening. This has been talked about over and over and over again
and not a single thread will change anything about it.

And yes, we all know, most people are cowards.
Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
#11 - 2012-07-27 17:49:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuehnelt
Wetwater wrote:
However, I sat there cloaked and waited. Soon another toon came in and sat in his noobship by the gate. Keyanu then warped in a few seconds later, popped then podded the guy in the noob ship.

He then warped off.

Curious, I sat there cloaked and watched. Sure enough, a few minutes later the noob came back in his noob ship and, a few seconds later Keyanu warps in...pops then pods the noob.

If you wanted to do this, obviously the easiest way would be not not move the killer ship at all - you'd just repeatedly warp the victim ship to the killer. Even easier (in lowsec), but maybe not as obvious, would be to put the killer at an undock BM that's shared with the victim; the victim then just needs to undock, warp to the BM, die, repeat.

Killmails don't care where the kill happened.

So actually I'd guess that there's something else going on here, maybe

1. This pirate is practicing gank fits against weak ships under sentry guns, or

2. The rookie is some kind of someone's surveillance alt and the pirate keeps having to 'police' it.
Wetwater
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-07-27 17:51:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Wetwater
Kuehnelt wrote:
Wetwater wrote:

He then warped off.

If you wanted to do this, obviously the easiest way would be not not move the killer ship at all - you'd just repeatedly warp the victim ship to the killer. Even easier (in lowsec), but maybe not as obvious, would be to put the killer at an undock BM that's shared with the victim; the victim then just needs to undock, warp to the BM, die, repeat.

Killmails don't care where the kill happened.

So actually I'd guess that there's something else going on here, maybe

1. This pirate is practicing gank fits against weak ships under sentry guns, or

2. The rookie is some kind of someone's surveillance alt and the pirate keeps having to 'police' it.

I figure the warping off was to a safe spot while you are piloting your noob alt to get killed. If he left his kill ship by the gate someone might come along and attack it.
Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
#13 - 2012-07-27 17:55:20 UTC
Wetwater wrote:
If he left his kill ship by the gate.

he'd have to sit there and take sentry fire. For no reason. This guy is padding his killboard only if he's not aware that you can warp to places in lowsec that don't have sentry guns.

Actually, let me walk that back: he could be wanting to keep an eye on the gate, while still padding his klilboard, and just not know how to share bookmarks / join fleets so that the victim could warp directly to his location off the gate.
Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-07-27 18:04:18 UTC
Rain King wrote:
I wouldn't call it cheating...more like 'creative bookkeeping'. Another reason why KMs should be deep sixed.

Whoah there fellah...

Anyone who knows how to evewho someone and read their killmails will look at a guy with ****** killmails like that and choose him as their mark.

Its actually a helpful tool in that aspect. IMHO only people who don't understand KM's hate them.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#15 - 2012-07-27 18:06:44 UTC
With everyone doing the afterburner, claok trick. What else is he suppose to do down there?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Alara IonStorm
#16 - 2012-07-27 18:47:45 UTC
He was gate Smartbombing in Rancer with a Rokh...
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#17 - 2012-07-27 19:36:19 UTC
afterburner plus cloak? lmao

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Mag's
Azn Empire
#18 - 2012-07-27 19:49:04 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
He was gate Smartbombing in Rancer with a Rokh...
I hate those types, it's not real PvP I tell ya and it's immoral.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#19 - 2012-07-27 20:18:21 UTC
It's no way to greet guests Mags. You should set up a nice B&B, market and repair service instead.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Alara IonStorm
#20 - 2012-07-27 20:25:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Lady Spank wrote:
It's no way to greet guests Mags. You should set up a nice B&B, market and repair service instead.

I plan to gate camp in the new Mining Frigate.

With those arms I can hug ships as they come through the gate. Lonely EVE Players will be so happy someone cares about them that they will jettison their cargo in thanks.

I call it politracy.
123Next page