These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

What if stealth-bomber and covert-ops frigates were allowed to jump through any Jump Bridge?

Author
Attor
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-07-24 23:11:29 UTC
Doesn't using a jump bridge leave you uncloaked and stationary? Seems like a terrible idea considering jump bridges are usually located near warp scramblers and small autocannons.
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-07-25 03:08:55 UTC
Attor wrote:
Doesn't using a jump bridge leave you uncloaked and stationary? Seems like a terrible idea considering jump bridges are usually located near warp scramblers and small autocannons.

DING... DING... DING... We have a winner.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#23 - 2012-07-25 03:21:52 UTC
Quaaid wrote:
I like not being the only person to have terrible ideas and post them to the incorrect forum. Flames and relocation await you friend, embrace it!

The forums are that much more fun with the constant risk of a ban looming overhead Pirate

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#24 - 2012-07-25 04:19:40 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
War Kitten wrote:
What if stealth bombers could also ignore standings / passwords for POSs?

What if stealth bomber pilots always appeared as neuts in local?

What if stealth bomber pilots didn't even appear in local?

What if kangaroos ate pizza at McDonalds on Thursdays?

What if we just removed local?

Make it so.

John Hancock

Jonni Favorite
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-07-25 06:37:25 UTC
I like it, and then once they're through, the SB should be able to dock up in any station, ignoring standings, and access any and all hangars using the cyberbobulator!!
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#26 - 2012-07-25 11:19:59 UTC
Jonni Favorite wrote:
I like it, and then once they're through, the SB should be able to dock up in any station, ignoring standings, and access any and all hangars using the cyberbobulator!!

Abso-frickin-lutely!

If a covert ops cloaked frigate can ignore standings for some reason, it stands to reason they can ignore all standings.

(P.S. Hoppy Meals was a brilliant followup, I'd like that post twice if I could)

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-07-25 11:41:55 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
What if we just removed local?

My contacts List would explode.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Ukrane Bob
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-07-25 11:51:51 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
So i was running on the treadmill and for no reason whatsoever this idea appeared in my head. I'm not really proposing, but what you people think would be the consequences (good and bad) for allowing both stealth bombers and covert ops to jump through any and all jump bridges wether they have the standing or not?!

Discuss, maybe!?

You need a better treadmill because that one is running you through the sewer. That or your dog left you a present and you didn't notice.

Either way the idea stinks.

[b]I like to piss people off.. Get Over it.. Adapt .. Survive![/b]

Alexzandvar Douglass
Whole Squid
WE FORM AUTI5M.
#29 - 2012-07-25 14:05:15 UTC
Oh yes, enabling more Cloaky AFKing. And don't go and tell me you wouldn't do it, because I know you would.

Cloaky AFKing is already a massive enough problem as is, making it worse by enabling an enemy Alliance to use your Jump bridges would make it 10 times worse.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#30 - 2012-07-25 16:22:28 UTC
War Kitten wrote:

What if kangaroos ate pizza at McDonalds on Thursdays?

Yummmmm trap tastey Kangaroos in restaurant on Thursday, then Friday make them into Big Macs for the rest of the week
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Danfen Fenix
#31 - 2012-07-25 16:59:04 UTC
What if they showed blue in local...

Twisted
Y'nit Gidrine
Virtues Corporation
Paragons Of Virtue
#32 - 2012-07-25 17:29:39 UTC
What if we removed CONCORD entirely?
Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-07-25 17:36:53 UTC
What if the use of the jump bridge was restricted to only members in the alliance that owns the actual POS? Also restrict entry into the POS shields to only those in the alliance?
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#34 - 2012-07-25 18:04:02 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
What if the use of the jump bridge was restricted to only members in the alliance that owns the actual POS? Also restrict entry into the POS shields to only those in the alliance?

That's a straight dumb idea. for various reasons that should have been obvious.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-07-25 18:08:18 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
So i was running on the treadmill and for no reason whatsoever this idea appeared in my head. I'm not really proposing, but what you people think would be the consequences (good and bad) for allowing both stealth bombers and covert ops to jump through any and all jump bridges wether they have the standing or not?!

Discuss, maybe!?

So I can come and go as much as I wish, burn all the fuel just because it's fun to disrupt something with mindless game play?

It's like throwing dog crap in the face of all those dudes investing so much effort so the alliance members can actually benefit of those facilities.
If actually you had to have your own fuel to jump then yes I think it would be fair enough, as long as it is like now no this is an awful idea.

brb

Bernie Nator
Allspark Industries
Transformographagizers
#36 - 2012-07-25 18:17:49 UTC
Here's a better idea.

What if there were things similar to jump bridges, but they moved you to a random system in any sec, or maybe even unknown parts of space, took no fuel to jump through, and you could do it in pretty much any size ship?

Waaaaait a minute...
AdmiralJohn
The Unknown Bar and Pub
#37 - 2012-07-25 18:29:27 UTC
Also I think they should be able to shoot bad posters' assets in stations with a special torpedo that bypasses station shields and then gives all those assets to the pilot of the bomber.
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-07-25 18:44:04 UTC
What if we removed General Discussion entirely?

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Betrinna Cantis
#39 - 2012-07-25 19:18:46 UTC
Demolishar wrote:
Make jump bridges two way systems which anyone can use :o

They do... They are called Stargates.Shocked

Alts have been changed to protect the Innocent. You may have mistaken me for someone who cares.....

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#40 - 2012-07-25 19:33:46 UTC  |  Edited by: arcca jeth
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
People would just keep password protecting the bridges.

If you removed or allowed the ships to ignore that too....

Sign me up! It could be very fun. Plus, a great way to grief by spending an hour or two jumping back and forth till the fuel ran out.

Still, though it would be fun, I doubt this would ever be allowed.

this would make a very intuitive and savvy use of the hacking skill for PVP instead of just exploration sites.

the hacking module would run password hacks. the PW is never revealed to you but you are granted access to jump once. maybe x amount of pilots in gang or a short timer on the security breach would be a helpful tool to prevent over abuse. Make it so you could not hack while cloaked (since you cannot activate modules cloaked anyways)

Make it so that hacking the PW took x amount of time as well. you run the risk of getting caught with your pants down and blapped when someone comes through the bridge. sounds fun lol

+1 to this idea i think it would be hilarious. it would really anger the large alliances too, only because it would be a minor annoyance and not a real dent in their pocket book. we are talking about small frigs.
Previous page123Next page