These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Gal fleets?

Author
Azami Nevinyrall
#21 - 2012-07-19 11:22:57 UTC
Shadow Adanza wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Other then a select few ships, gallente ships are pretty useless...

Gallente FW even ditch their ships for Caldari and Minnie ones...

Don't forget Amarr.

I knew I forgot something...

eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-07-19 12:12:11 UTC
Tekitha wrote:
Kiting fleets won't work without a Lachesis
Proteus has the best tank / dps of the armor T3s + incredible point range

So yes, many fleet doctrines aren't complete without some gallente input so saying they aren't "fleet" ships is simply wrong

Also Moros says hi o/

Just got on the back of this, Do Vindi's count as Mini or Gal, Vindi is by far the best Cap Gank Ship... when bridged.

Infact, if you're using Titan Bridges you can largely dictate range, coupled with a great base speed and being able to hit out to 30km with null. bind that in with a pinch of loki links. Vindi's make for great fleet based ships.

I think it rather depend on fleet comp, do Megas work well, along side pulse BSes?.. well no, not really.. but then mixed fleets are prone to being crap anyway.

So, are gal ships fleet ships... you bet your ass they are.

eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-07-19 12:25:36 UTC  |  Edited by: eddie valvetino
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Other then a select few ships, gallente ships are pretty useless...

Gallente FW even ditch their ships for Caldari and Minnie ones...

List of great Gal ships, Fleet and solo

Fleets
Bus
Nyx
Moro
VIndi/Mega/NMega
Domi
Gank and A-buffer Talos
Prot
Phobo
Zu
Lach
Ishtar
and all the frigs (T2)

Solo
Hype
Domi (prolly best solo BS)
Myrm
Ishtar
Enyo
Ranis

And best of all, you have to have stones to fly them.

Lets not mistake, "i'm not good enough to fly or understand these ships" with "these ships are no good"
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#24 - 2012-07-23 01:23:46 UTC
I thought this was about girls. ... disappointing.

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#25 - 2012-07-24 07:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Messenger
they spot target, they press cyno and then they bridge stuff.

It does not matter what their fleet composition is, they press cyno only if they can kill you.

this is how pvp goes in EVE
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#26 - 2012-07-24 07:52:48 UTC
In other words, gallente sux Big smile
And yes, I always enjoy saying this Big smile

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Zicon Shak'ra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-07-24 17:23:00 UTC
My 1100 DPS Brutix (no implants/boosters) would like to have a word.

Wormholes are cool, m'kay?

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#28 - 2012-07-24 17:37:37 UTC
Varcutii Renalard wrote:
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
Gallente are the Mike Tyson of Eve - get in, hit hard as hell and hope nobody brought a gun.

So like they're for shooting miners?

No he meant they go for the ears.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#29 - 2012-07-24 17:48:24 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Varcutii Renalard wrote:
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
Gallente are the Mike Tyson of Eve - get in, hit hard as hell and hope nobody brought a gun.
So like they're for shooting miners?
No. Gallente ships are for biting off ears.

Edit: Dammit somebody beat me to the punchline.

I think Gallente boats are great against e-war (can assign drones to unjammed ship) and for "breaching" warp ins (like in FW plexes), etc.. It's just that there aren't too many instances where this happens because most fighting in Eve is "open ocean" where faster ships can burn off and longer range ships can apply too much damage before the Gallente hulls can reach target.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#30 - 2012-07-25 14:04:45 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
It's just that there aren't too many instances where this happens because most fighting in Eve is "open ocean" where faster ships can burn off and longer range ships can apply too much damage before the Gallente hulls can reach target.

Then you need to be a hunter and manage to fall right on the head of your ennemy.
Archenom
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-07-25 15:15:33 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
It's just that there aren't too many instances where this happens because most fighting in Eve is "open ocean" where faster ships can burn off and longer range ships can apply too much damage before the Gallente hulls can reach target.

Then you need to be a hunter and manage to fall right on the head of your ennemy.

And for the average Joe, it is much easier and leads to a lot more successful engagements if you pvp with a ship that does not require so much to go in your favor before the fight even begins.
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#32 - 2012-07-26 23:31:22 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:

Confirming that ranged fleets sit at 0 waiting for you to warp to them and never move. That tactic you describe might work well for a 1v1, but fleet vs fleet of comparable numbers and hull sizes, not so much.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#33 - 2012-07-27 12:13:06 UTC
chatgris wrote:

Confirming that ranged fleets sit at 0 waiting for you to warp to them and never move. That tactic you describe might work well for a 1v1, but fleet vs fleet of comparable numbers and hull sizes, not so much.

I never said that was easy to do ; but yeah, gallente lack some normal long range option in their doctrine, or is it railgun ?
Hrett
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-07-27 19:35:07 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
chatgris wrote:

I never said that was easy to do ; but yeah, gallente lack some normal long range option in their doctrine, or is it railgun ?

Confirming that Chatgris prefers Rail Brutix in his fleets. He loves them.

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#35 - 2012-07-27 20:39:46 UTC
Hrett wrote:
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
chatgris wrote:

We had a rails astarte in our epic fleet fight last night in Hikk. He was consistently top damage or near top damage on all kills.

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Hrett
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2012-07-28 14:40:10 UTC
Deen Wispa wrote:
Hrett wrote:
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
chatgris wrote:

We had a rails astarte in our epic fleet fight last night in Hikk. He was consistently top damage or near top damage on all kills.

You don't have to tell me. I have been flying Rail Brutix since the patch. Near the top of damage on most mails in every sizesble battle that I've flown it in. The Brutix hull isn't as good as the Cane obviously, but for damage projection it surpasses the cane, has a better native lock range and swaps targets faster because of the gun cycle time. If you use Valk drones, the gap is even bigger.

People still point and laugh. I don't care. ;)

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Noisrevbus
#37 - 2012-07-28 23:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Noisrevbus
Are you solo?

Try the various active-armor ships (Myrm, Domi, Hype etc.), or do nano-esque kite-rush with a blaster ship (Thorax, Deimos, Talos). In frigate dogfights the Ishkur as well as the Ranis, Devil and Policecar are still generally good options. The Enyo can be quite a surprise for an opponent, but may require some experience before you can enjoy it.

Are you in a pair or similar (-5) ?

You still mostly fly solo-oriented tactics. You can mix things up a bit with bait-switch gank-tank (popular with Myrms, Domis) or run support next to a friend in another ship (Ishkur, Ishtar and Domi are awesome as makeshift support), Razu and Lach. Megas and Win-dis are still awesome at short-range ganks (drops, like Eddie mentioned, or gated gameplay).

Are you in a small gang (squad) ?

Talos are awesome nano-boats, out-doing many older options in that role. Deimos and Proteus have been used with sucess in gangs that has almost been pure Gallente and much of the ~5 options still apply at this scale. If you're into cloaky action the Razu is one of the most important recons (forward scout-tackle-cyno for drops, LR tackler).

Are you in a medium gang (wing) ?

The Deimos and Proteus concepts can be ported over towards LR setups with Ishtars or Domis. Most drop-tactics still apply at this scale where Domis or Vindis (Megas) are still not bad, Moros is king and Thanatos queen of their respective class. Talos can easily shift over into a sniping setup and continue to be very useful. Lachs and Razus are cornerstones of various sniping concepts that begin to profile more at this scale.

Are you in a larger gang (fleet) ?

The Moros remain the best gank Dread. The Thanny remain the second best carrier (more appealing RR configs than Triage, though bested by the Archon at both, while the Nid may appeal more in Triage). The Nyx remain the best supercarrier and the Erebus is one of the three titans that are not laughed at.

Those are the options with documented use, there's plenty of out-of-box ways to fly Gallente as well.

I have probably forgot something...
Denuo Secus
#38 - 2012-07-29 02:40:35 UTC
Noisrevbus wrote:
...and Thanatos queen of their respective class....The Thanny remain the second best carrier (more appealing RR configs than Triage

Could you explain this a bit? Is it because of the flexibility of both, shield and armor rep bonus? More drone bay or slot layout in general? I just cannot imagine the fighter damage bonus makes such a difference in PvP.

I consider to skill towards the Thanatos since I think 'staying power' (resist bonus of Caldari and Amarr carriers) isn't that important in small gang PvP compared to more offensive power OR more flexibility.
Previous page12