These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The problem with low and null

Author
Hrothgar Nilsson
#21 - 2012-07-22 16:45:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Hrothgar Nilsson
Singoth wrote:
People there should be more welcoming to outsiders instead of shooting everything that isn't blue.
Yes, it's that simple. That's the only problem. AMAZING, isn't it?
You may say that's how EVE works, and I fully agree, but it's also the thing that prevents people from going to low and null.

Apply to join a null-sec corporation.

Null-sec alliances have very good reason to be extremely wary some random person of anybody who's not blue. We don't know you, and wecan't trust you. For all we know, you could be gathering intel, be there to hot drop on our miners/ratting carriers. You could be a +1 for a larger enemy force.

There's simply too much risk to welcome random people into our space as your suggest. Furthermore, what you suggest is tantamount to trespassing on the sovereign territory of another.

Those are our asteroid belts, our plexes, our stations, our moons & planets, our systems. Not yours.

And again, there is an exceedingly simple solution. Join a null-sec corporation.

And it does seem to me your rather erroneously lumping together low and null. They're more different from one another than low and high are.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-07-22 17:25:50 UTC
This is a rediculous thread. I'm less than 2 months into this game and regularly go into low sec looking for good isk and fights. At my current level of play I find great isk and have lost all the fights. Some of them find me...I tend to lose those faster. Its a game, enjoy the sandbox. If some **** kicks sand in your face sock 'em and get back to playing.
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#23 - 2012-07-22 17:37:53 UTC
DrSmegma wrote:
Mag's wrote:
DrSmegma wrote:
(It's a whole different matter that people brag about killing things that aren't worth bragging about - try Rancer, you'll get smart-bombed as a 1 day old char in an Ibis.)
We don't brag about kills.

Is Angry23 still there....

Oh yea he is.. a caldari shuttle, a minmatar shuttle.. then the pods.. an Ibis.. you must be proud of yourselves.

Good job at kicking 1000s of players out of Eve in your lifetime. (The funny part is, you actually feel proud of it. Admit it. Else you wouldn't be doing that, and you wouldn't be posting your kills on a public website.)

I got smartbombed in Rancer on my first day by angry23 in an Ibis, 4 years later I make a new char and he's still there, smartbombing me in my Ibis.

So after four years, you didn't learn anything? Shocked

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-07-22 17:49:17 UTC
DrSmegma wrote:
Anyway, the game mechanics lead to the typical current nullsec behaviour.

I have a theory about this: If you're a nullsec pilot, you're most likely a follower at heart, a drone for a bigger alliance. If you're a drone, you're most likely quite dense. And if you're quite dense, you're most likely aggressive. Therefor nullsec players = aggressive. They don't really need different kinds of players there anyway.

They don't need traders or industrials, that stuff happens in high sec, just like mining.. the design of low and nullsec is just focused on fighting.

Confirming that market items in nullsec are seeded from heavens and we can teleport anything from station to station in nullsec. Also, confirming that spacerocks don't exist in nullsec, all the minerals are given to us by the Eve Gods, straight to our stations.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

DrSmegma
Smegma United
#25 - 2012-07-22 19:19:57 UTC  |  Edited by: DrSmegma
Beekeeper Bob wrote:

So after four years, you didn't learn anything? Shocked

What do you mean? Is there anything valuable about an Ibis on a 1 day old character that should make me want to avoid low sec in it? I think not. But the ship is certainly not worth killing either. Unless you really, really want that trit and the civ gatling gun. Shocked

Sarah Schneider wrote:
Confirming that market items in nullsec are seeded from heavens and we can teleport anything from station to station in nullsec. Also, confirming that spacerocks don't exist in nullsec, all the minerals are given to us by the Eve Gods, straight to our stations.

..no, market items in nullsec are seeded from jump freighters taking the stuff straight from Jita to their destination. That's almost the same.

Also confirming that most minerals come from high sec miners. The opposites of Eve Gods, but then the stuff goes straight to your stations, yup. With JFs.
Also you can say what you want, I'll space-marry you. Even though your last portrait looks a bit too slutty for my taste.

PS: I'm still waiting for blue standings with TEST. Tell your boss please.

Eve too complicated? Try Astrum Regatta.

Lord Arakkis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2012-07-22 20:35:53 UTC
Im new, so I may be speaking from a cone of biased thought, but this is what keeps me interested in EVE. Im training now to be able to confidently roam low and null sec. I enjoy the thrill of knowing Im a target anywhere I go. Its a thrill that is lost in the games that I used to find them in. (erhem..looking at you Resident Evil).

So if these carebears you speak of wish to avoid the dangerous space, let them. Its my opinion they are missing out on a massive portion of what EVE offers. Not just the thrill of dealing with other real people, but all the unexplored places out there. Their loss is our collective gain.

Your still a child in the eyes of the universe

Elena Melkan
Magellanic Itg
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2012-07-22 20:39:31 UTC
Oh, I would so gladly hug and greet every neutral pilot that arrives into our space. The only problem is, that they usually shoot me if I don't shoot first...
Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-07-22 20:51:15 UTC
Singoth wrote:
People there should be more welcoming to outsiders instead of shooting everything that isn't blue.
You may say that's how EVE works, and I fully agree, but it's also the thing that prevents people from going to low and null.
And be honest, you are complaining about a lack of people in low and null, but trust me, you won't be happy with more people in low and null, because of carebears not interested in combat. And yes, EVE actually has more aspects than just comparing your space penises to other space penises. It's hard to grasp, but I don't care.

TL;DR: lowsec and nullsec people are dicks. If they are not dicks, people will go to low and null.
TL;DR: don't be dicks.
TL;DR: dicks.

Thanks for reading this useless thread that WILL get trolled to death. :D

If you can't take being shot at, you don't belong in nullsec, lowsec, hisec or even this game...
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#29 - 2012-07-22 20:55:11 UTC
Singoth wrote:
And be honest, you are complaining about a lack of people in low and null, but trust me, you won't be happy with more people in low and null, because of carebears not interested in combat. And yes, EVE actually has more aspects than just comparing your space penises to other space penises. It's hard to grasp, but I don't care.

TL;DR: lowsec and nullsec people are dicks. If they are not dicks, people will go to low and null.
TL;DR: don't be dicks.
TL;DR: dicks.

Thanks for reading this useless thread that WILL get trolled to death. :D

So let's say that you, Singoth, are a nullsec inhabitant. Just imagine yourself in that situation. Obviously you don't want to let bad people kill your alliance mates who might be ratting in their tengus, mining in their hulks and so on. And you definitely, certainly don't want your capital ships and jump freighters to get ganked by a hostile hotdrop.

Some non alliance guy enters your space.

What method do you use to determine whether this neutral is a harmless 'tourist', merely interested in seeing the sights, maybe killing a few rats in an unused system and generally benign, or if he is actively hostile?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mag's
Azn Empire
#30 - 2012-07-22 20:59:42 UTC
DrSmegma wrote:
1.) It's on a public website.
And?

DrSmegma wrote:
2.) Why did you feel refered to in the first place if you didn't identify yourself with my description..
You mentioned Rancer and Smartbombs. Roll

So, where's the bragging?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Bommel McMurdoc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-07-22 21:05:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Bommel McMurdoc
DrSmegma wrote:
Mag's wrote:
DrSmegma wrote:
(It's a whole different matter that people brag about killing things that aren't worth bragging about - try Rancer, you'll get smart-bombed as a 1 day old char in an Ibis.)

Oh yea he is.. a caldari shuttle, a minmatar shuttle.. then the pods.. an Ibis.. you must be proud of yourselves.

Good job at kicking 1000s of players out of Eve in your lifetime. (The funny part is, you actually feel proud of it. Admit it. Else you wouldn't be doing that, and you wouldn't be posting your kills on a public website.)

I got smartbombed in Rancer on my first day by angry23 in an Ibis, 4 years later I make a new char and he's still there, smartbombing me in my Ibis.

haha I remember a guy just like that, if not, worse than that, Dunno if many of you heard of him, but he was named 'GingerMagician." That guy parked a Carrier right next to a newbie zone and killed anything that came through with impunity.

If I remember correctly, He also took on CCP and started the whole warp core stabilzer nerf.
DrSmegma
Smegma United
#32 - 2012-07-22 21:07:01 UTC
Mag's wrote:
DrSmegma wrote:
And?

DrSmegma wrote:
2.) Why did you feel refered to in the first place if you didn't identify yourself with my description..

Oh hey, I just discovered the "hide posts" button. No more of your idiotic one liners. Have fun smartbombing rookie ships for another 5 years and posting your kills on public websites, but not to brag, no. You probably have a really good reason. Stress in school maybe? Anyway, bye.

Eve too complicated? Try Astrum Regatta.

Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-07-22 21:22:12 UTC
DrSmegma wrote:
Mag's wrote:
DrSmegma wrote:
And?

DrSmegma wrote:

Oh hey, I just discovered the "hide posts" button. No more of your idiotic one liners. Have fun smartbombing rookie ships for another 5 years and posting your kills on public websites, but not to brag, no. You probably have a really good reason. Stress in school maybe? Anyway, bye.

His kills are probably pulled by api to the kill boards. Both the one's he's proud of and the one's he doesn't really care about. Also extra points for blocking the guy you're arguing with and telling him about it. If only there was that option for in game pvp am I right?
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#34 - 2012-07-22 21:27:03 UTC
Heh.

He said "penis."

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tarryn Nightstorm
#35 - 2012-07-22 21:28:32 UTC
Damsel in Distress wrote:
erm - wrong game

Fixed.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-07-22 21:29:35 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
This is a rediculous thread. I'm less than 2 months into this game and regularly go into low sec looking for good isk and fights. At my current level of play I find great isk and have lost all the fights. Some of them find me...I tend to lose those faster. Its a game, enjoy the sandbox. If some **** kicks sand in your face sock 'em and get back to playing.

Someone who plays with my own spirit! Well done!

James315 for CSM 8!

Tarryn Nightstorm
#37 - 2012-07-22 21:33:25 UTC
Mag's wrote:
DrSmegma wrote:
Mag's wrote:
DrSmegma wrote:

Read Neg10's recruitment-forum thread recently?

And Angry23 is not good enough to be a ****, but he is very much a (British English pejorative/slang-used c-word for a certain part of the female anatomy).

(He's seriously always struck me as a very sad, empty little man, tbqfh).

Mag's
Azn Empire
#38 - 2012-07-23 06:24:53 UTC
DrSmegma wrote:
Mag's wrote:
DrSmegma wrote:
And?

DrSmegma wrote:

So, you can't show any bragging. Why did you lie?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#39 - 2012-07-23 06:25:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Read Neg10's recruitment-forum thread recently?

And Angry23 is not good enough to be a ****, but he is very much a (British English pejorative/slang-used c-word for a certain part of the female anatomy).

(He's seriously always struck me as a very sad, empty little man, tbqfh).
Show me on the doll, where Neg10 touched you.

We'll have fun with that comment btw, thanks. Lol

Mag's
Azn Empire
#40 - 2012-07-23 06:27:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Aruken Marr wrote:
His kills are probably pulled by api to the kill boards. Both the one's he's proud of and the one's he doesn't really care about. Also extra points for blocking the guy you're arguing with and telling him about it. If only there was that option for in game pvp am I right?
Funny thing is, shuttles and noob ships don't even show. Lol