These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve EHP vs EFT/PYFA EHP?

Author
Thane Krieg
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-07-21 10:19:02 UTC
Hi all,

Did a bit of Googling and couldn't find anything (though I'll be the first to admit I'm not very good at finding things through Google). Apologies if there are multiple threads on this I've missed.

Been doing a few ship setups in EFT/PYFA to make sure they fit before I buy everything, etc... so I don't waste money and am coming across an issue relating to EHP.

EFT/PYFA state that my Navy Thron should have approx 340k EHP, however when I set it up in the same way in game it only has approx 270k EHP while undocked with everything on?

Do EVE and the fitting programs work things out in completely separate ways? I've checked in both fitting programs and they both display the same figure, only Eve differs.

I'm obviously going to go with the ingame figure, but can anyone shed any light on it perhaps?

Thanks
Saile Litestrider
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-07-21 10:26:21 UTC
From what I've heard, the in-game EHP calculation is based only on your weakest resist. EFT and Pyfa on the other hand use proper damage profiles, omnidamage (25% of each type) by default, and you can set whatever else you like and see how that affects it.

At the end of the day, the EFT/Pyfa number is actually more accurate if you know what you're up against, the in-game number is just a worst-case scenario.
Thane Krieg
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-07-21 10:32:39 UTC
Ah that makes sense!!

Thank you Saile for a decent answer :)
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-07-21 11:58:55 UTC
That is indeed correct. EVE is the worst case scenario, 3rd party programs are custom set to whatever you like (even distribution by default).
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#5 - 2012-07-21 14:02:04 UTC
Saile Litestrider wrote:
From what I've heard, the in-game EHP calculation is based only on your weakest resist.

This is simply not true and can easily be proven wrong by adding specific resist modules that do not effect your weakest resist. You will notice that your ehp still goes up.
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#6 - 2012-07-21 14:38:59 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Saile Litestrider wrote:
From what I've heard, the in-game EHP calculation is based only on your weakest resist.

This is simply not true and can easily be proven wrong by adding specific resist modules that do not effect your weakest resist. You will notice that your ehp still goes up.

I don't trust eves own fitting window... CCP are really bad at coding :)... the new ASB don't even show up in the active shield tanking yet...

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Yabba Addict
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-07-21 15:46:56 UTC
Bubanni wrote:
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Saile Litestrider wrote:

I don't trust eves own fitting window... CCP are really bad at coding :)... the new ASB don't even show up in the active shield tanking yet...

That's because it's a buffer Big smile
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-07-21 20:25:56 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Saile Litestrider wrote:

Being based on your lowest resist does not mean it ONLY looks at your lowest resist.
Saile Litestrider
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-07-21 22:47:56 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Saile Litestrider wrote:

I don't mean to sound rude, but I'd recommend testing this out again. I just tried it myself, and you're wrong. With base shield resists (0% em, 20% therm) and base armor resists (35% therm, 10% explosive), thermic hardeners didn't affect the EHP at all, while the EM and Explosive hardeners, respectively, saw a significant boost.

The same held true for passive hardeners as well. A slip-up on my part further proved it to me, I slapped on the passive resists in the wrong order. First I added a passive shield EM hardener, which increased my EHP and, I failed to realize, boosted my em resist over my thermal. Then I added the thermal hardener and noticed another gain since thermal was now my lowest, I was baffled for a bit until I realized what had happened.