These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Problem with super nerf - super caps are committed for 23 hours and die if the subcap fleet welps

Author
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#21 - 2011-10-10 19:20:30 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Rens Cheque wrote:
None of this sounds bad to me.

not empty of content Blink

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

VaMei
Meafi Corp
#22 - 2011-10-10 19:23:35 UTC  |  Edited by: VaMei
xxxak wrote:
This nerf = Lose Subcap battle, lose all supers on the field.

So with this nerf, supers can no longer defend themselves from subcaps, so now supers are committed for 23 hours once they cyno in if they lose the subcap battle.

Hypothetically, this means that if you have a 15 man super fleet (mid size alliance), plus 120 sub caps (mid size alliance), and lose the subcap battle, you also just lost all your supers.

Kthxbai. No way a sane super pilot will commit now unless they are 150% sure that they have a winning fleet. EVE is dead.

So, since you can no longer count on being able to log-offski to save your ship and use your unlimiterd supply of drones to destroy anything smaller then you, you're unwilling to commit your ship to battle.
Kthxbai.
Draculina Alucardi
New.Lab.Era
#23 - 2011-10-10 19:26:00 UTC
3rd account canceled, no reason to hold an account for a SC pilot, if you can only use it in PVP ... thanks CCP :)
Raneru
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#24 - 2011-10-10 19:45:16 UTC
xxxak wrote:

Kthxbai. No way a sane super pilot will commit now unless they are 150% sure that they have a winning fleet. EVE is dead.

No, Capitals Online is dead. Thank you CCP!

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#25 - 2011-10-10 19:48:23 UTC
Dude just buy a monocle, will feel better and play better.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#26 - 2011-10-10 20:04:57 UTC
So let me get this right:

An aircraft carrier can no longer be as tough as an entire navy fleet?

A super might actually need to be supported by subcaps in a fleet?

The days of small groups being stalked by "one guy in a super" are over?

But how will this affect the free puppy we are supposed to get from CCP this winter?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

seany1212
M Y S T
#27 - 2011-10-10 20:12:42 UTC
"Wah, Wah, i can no longer drop my super on a subcap fleet and expect to **** face"

learn2skillfulpvp :P

I think supers should only be used for pvp, stops the 0.0 carebears milking the **** out of NPC anoms/plexes
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2011-10-10 20:15:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Dorian Wylde
xxxak wrote:

So with this nerf, supers can no longer defend themselves from subcaps, so now supers are committed for 23 hours once they cyno in if they lose the subcap battle.

I don't recall seeing anything about a reverse cyno jammer being added. If it looks like you're losing, jump out. Not CCP's fault if you don't have an escape cyno chain set up in advance. That's called strategy.

They can't point all of you. And if they can, your intel people suck, and you deserve to lose. That's war. That's EVE.

Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

An aircraft carrier can no longer be as tough as an entire navy fleet?

Sort of a bad example, modern supercarriers can win wars with most countries on earth by themselves.
xxxak
Perkone
Caldari State
#29 - 2011-10-10 20:17:08 UTC
Dorian Wylde wrote:
xxxak wrote:

I don't recall seeing anything about a reverse cyno jammer being added. If it looks like you're losing, jump out. Not CCP's fault if you don't have an escape cyno chain set up in advance. That's called strategy.

They can't point all of you. And if they can, your intel people suck, and you deserve to lose. That's war. That's EVE.

er..um... how can you jump out? if you are in a bubble?.... LOL

[u]The nerfs to supercaps will cause more super pilots to join the largest alliances who can properly "support" their deployment, further concentrating firepower/wealth in EVE. The end result will be fewer "fun" fights, and will hurt EVE in the long run.[/u]

Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2011-10-10 20:18:18 UTC
xxxak wrote:
Dorian Wylde wrote:
xxxak wrote:

Again, if they bubble your entire fleet, you deserve to lose.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2011-10-10 20:18:33 UTC
xxxak wrote:
Dorian Wylde wrote:
xxxak wrote:

In bits?
Botleten
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2011-10-10 20:21:55 UTC
To the OP: You're an idiot. The enemy will still need enough hictors to tie down those supers to keep them from warping off, so all you have to do is make sure your subcap fleet takes them all out before fleeing. Theyre still immune to ewar. So no, subcap victory does not mean automatic death for the super fleet.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#33 - 2011-10-10 20:22:21 UTC
xxxak wrote:
By having an FC who, when things are going south, sets enemy bubblers (and/or static bubbles) as the the priority for any remaining subcap elements to save the bulk of the ISK value of the fleet.
Indeterminacy
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#34 - 2011-10-10 20:24:13 UTC
Draculina Alucardi wrote:
3rd account canceled, no reason to hold an account for a SC pilot, if you can only use it in PVP ... thanks CCP :)

Am I reading this right? Shocked
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#35 - 2011-10-10 20:24:55 UTC
Reeno Coleman wrote:
Shocking. You can lose your stuff.

Welcome to EVE.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#36 - 2011-10-10 20:25:47 UTC

Holy **** this is ******* priceless.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Nurdra
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2011-10-10 20:30:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Nurdra
there are 3 problems with the sc. but the solution is a bad joke.... except for point 1.

1. Damage of the fighter to small ships.
Changed the target sig to 400 is nice i think, Large guns have the same res so its a good change!

2. Amount of active drones.
Carriers have a range bonus for Fighters, why dont change the bonus to control more drones change the same way?
Then you can use your 20 Fighters or switch to 5 or 10 (same as carrier can) light drones if its realy needed. There are no ewar fighters, with this change all ewar drone capability is completly removed from sc.

If sc cants use sentrys any more, the fighterbomber realy should be ably to shoot a pos. Supers ar still not dockable, so your pilot is bound to the ship in some ways, you cants just switch to a dread. Without this, you can take a cup of coffee and eat some pizza while your fleet is shooting a pos, because your 20bil ship has a worde cabability to shoot a pos than a rooky ship. Sounds like a bad joke for me ^^

3. Size of dronebay.
The problem is the nearly unlimited amount of drones you can carry in your sc. The rorqual got a ore bay some time ago, why not add a fighterbay to carriers and sc? with this change the problem is solved for carriers too, they can still carry a large amount of drones.
Now the dronebay is way to small. You have to chose between fighters and fighterbombers, and have the make a terrible haul to refit sour sc with the other set of fighters. And if you fly away from your homesyste, because you travel are have to fight somewhere else, you have to make a terrible logistic to bring your 2nd set of fighter to your sc.

Jooce McNasty wrote:
Change your tactics, don't just drop your supers on a blob.

Drop them off grid somewhere else in system. Don't drop them all in one place. Make sure you have Cap and Sub cap support. Use the clone vat and carry fit ships for people to reship quick.

If your a 1 trick super blob pony you deserve to die.

You should never have ever seen Supers on field without, caps and sub caps, the fact that you did shows you how bad that CCP ****** up when they re-balanced supers.

I think a cyno is still visible for everyone in the system and a supercap is too easy to scan.

Now what happen if you are logging off inside a pos? your ship warps at savespot, but you are still scanable and the ship disapear after 1min without combat timer. This could still be enought for a good scanner and fast warping ship to find you in system and shot at you with a civilian gun, then your 15min timer starts? and your ship is gone?

So you cant dock, you cant logoff, what do you do whit you sc? be online 24/7? sounds funny :)
Vaffel Junior
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2011-10-10 20:32:09 UTC
Thanks for bringing moms back to what it was...... totaly useless

Is it time for us older players to leave EVE now ?
Di Mulle
#39 - 2011-10-10 20:32:09 UTC

While nothing exactly surprising, still funny to watch the way in which myth about certain Eleete Peveepeeers is dying out Big smile
<<Insert some waste of screen space here>>
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#40 - 2011-10-10 20:33:54 UTC
Vaffel Junior wrote:
Thanks for bringing moms back to what it was...... totaly useless

Is it time for us older players to leave EVE now ?

What's that you say, junior?

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016