These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Tech is fine l2p

First post First post
Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#501 - 2012-07-20 14:15:37 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
loose

:catstare:

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#502 - 2012-07-20 14:16:10 UTC
X1376 wrote:
Heh. New game developer is supposed to tackle this issue? That will be a wild ride...

If it is a pressure valve, it has to kick in quickly when prices goes up. Setting up POSes, reactions, getting components and get it all delivered on market will be slow, way too fluctuating. Already want to see those space jockeys going to do it.

good... so you are saying that its going to take time and effort to do this... great that is what this game is about... invested time = big payout...

i cant wait for moon goo to disapear from moons all together... then you guys are really going to be green... having to actually mine and stuff for it is going to be grand!

fact is just like everything else in eve you dont have to pay one isk for it...

its all free you just have to be setup and have enough gusto to go out and take it...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

ReptilesBlade
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#503 - 2012-07-20 14:24:45 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Ivan Ward wrote:
What is technetium?

It's like the spice in Dune...only with Goons instead of sandworms.

Ok, I loled.

This post wins!
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#504 - 2012-07-20 14:27:03 UTC  |  Edited by: MeBiatch
Lord Zim wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
loose

:catstare:

well its true.. PL learnt a hard lesson when it used to own space... that means if they loose they lose big...

but after that when they lost 7 titans and then we had to random titan spawn in the north...

PL has allways allied with the biggest and strongest...

kinda hard to keep moral up if you keep on losing..

so infact its all true thats what PL does... allies with the best at the given time...

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#505 - 2012-07-20 14:32:31 UTC
What you mean is, they lose big, not loose big.

RIP Vile Rat

Jeremy Soikutsu
Kite Co. Space Trucking
#506 - 2012-07-20 14:44:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Jeremy Soikutsu
I hear PL is pretty loose though. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Seriously MeBiatch you need to learn how to write like an adult. You could be making this best points ever right now, but if people can't wade through your word salad how would they know?

"Of course you would choose the fun, but you don't lead a relevant entity which has allies." - Colonel Xaven

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#507 - 2012-07-20 14:49:45 UTC
Jeremy Soikutsu wrote:
I hear PL is pretty loose though. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Seriously MeBiatch you need to learn how to write like an adult. You could be making this best points ever right now, but if people can't wade through your word salad how would they know?

wait did not mintchip leave PL?

Well ok you want me to spell check?

Fine...

But i refuse to use correct grammar...

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#508 - 2012-07-20 15:05:06 UTC
In before 10,000 Goons rage.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Dramaticus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#509 - 2012-07-20 15:05:32 UTC
Sentamon wrote:
In before 10,000 Goons rage.

heh goon tears amirite

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#510 - 2012-07-20 15:26:20 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
you don't have the foresight

ohhhh you can predict the future? do you hear voices in the night? ... do tell

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Illectroculus Defined
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#511 - 2012-07-20 15:58:17 UTC
Circumstantial Evidence wrote:
I recall a dev comment that with the advent of 64bit item ID, it's possible to have maker's marks on produced goods.

Extending that, I like some of the ideas in response to the OTEC ad - get "real tech" for quality components: downgrade parts made using alchemy.

I would not mind meta levels for T2 parts, that would be based on the number of production steps involved in making the part.

But, because any T2 part should in some way be better than T1 meta 4, the difference between meta levels of T2 parts might not matter much, given that the stats for current T2 parts (high meta in a new system) should not change.

Realisticly this isn't going to happen, since stacked items need separate ids, separate market groups etc.
So... you'd have to have a separate item ID for Genuine Plat-Tech and Synthetic Plat-Tech, then everything that uses those would need separate ID's so Japanese-Nanotransistors vs Chinese Nanotransistors (if you're a PC builder you'll get where I'm coming from) Then double up on all subsequent parts of the chain.

It's just not going to work.

However, what would be realistic would be to apply some extra stats to assembled ships - Serial Number, Builder (person who assembled it), Date of Assembly - these would only exist until the ship was repackaged but could not be changed. They would be visible in the show-info UI so they would show up in contracts, and they would also be visible in killmails.

So, OTEC could have Certified Builders who would use 100% OTEC Brand Components to build Hulks and sell these assembled ships via contract. OTEC's could choose to deny hulkageddon payouts for certified hulks and thus provide an incentive to buyers to use only their mineral sources.

Having the date of assembly on a ship also provides early adopters of new ships something to brag about. I sold my first noctis for 360million isk, 2 days later it was worth 60million and there was no way for that buyer to show they had a vintage noctis.

And of course, serial numbers on hulls creates more possibilities to intel
Lee Thrace
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#512 - 2012-07-20 16:10:50 UTC
you wrecked this game. There are so many easy obvious fixes, but you've waited too long. The goons have shown you they can do whatever they want to you, and the rest of us must suffer through it.

I joined to play in a sandbox; I had no idea a bully was already firmly entrenched and condoned.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#513 - 2012-07-20 16:13:35 UTC
Huh, we haven't even kicked you out of your space yet, and you're crying this badly?

RIP Vile Rat

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#514 - 2012-07-20 16:39:07 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Huh, we haven't even kicked you out of your space yet, and you're crying this badly?

i know the thought at someone actually wanting to take red space is inconceivable

Odracir Atosc
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#515 - 2012-07-20 17:16:18 UTC
Lee Thrace wrote:
but you've waited too long. The goons have shown you they can do whatever they want to you, and the rest of us must suffer through it.

Don't worry, really, as soon these changes hit, the average CFC grunt is going to suffer badly. Sure there are trillions of isks in the hands of a couple of alliances, but those isk's are in the hands of only a minority of players.

You think they are going to subside the alliance running costs, reimbursement programs and tons of other stuff, with their own wallets ?...
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#516 - 2012-07-20 17:19:59 UTC
Odracir Atosc wrote:
Don't worry, really, as soon these changes hit, the average CFC grunt is going to suffer badly. Sure there are trillions of isks in the hands of a couple of alliances, but those isk's are in the hands of only a minority of players.

You think they are going to subside the alliance running costs, reimbursement programs and tons of other stuff, with their own wallets ?...

And you guys called mittens delusional. Oy vey do I have news for you.

RIP Vile Rat

Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#517 - 2012-07-20 17:29:35 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
EvilweaselSA wrote:
DanMck wrote:
tech is overpowered, without a doubt.

why you thought to change the prom and dyspro set up to a moon mineral only located in the north ? only you CCP can answer.

i can field that one

the person who did the dominion rebalance didn't understand how a bottlenecking system works and made tech valuable completely accidentally, when trying to make low-tier moons moderately valuble

Pity the entire playerbase didn't tell them before it went live, eh?

Much like faction warfare. It's almost like CCP has a history of ignoring player advice.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#518 - 2012-07-20 17:31:42 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Odracir Atosc wrote:

And you guys called mittens delusional. Oy vey do I have news for you.

yes the goons are good to thier pets...

due to the nature of tech ... they give them several moons to cover thier reimbursement program...

it seems to be a more covalent relationship... then what alliances like AAA have to do which is tax the hell out of thier pets...

so in a way the tech isk does support the individual player as long as they contribute to alliance pvp ops...

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#519 - 2012-07-20 17:35:58 UTC
We have allies, not pets.

RIP Vile Rat

Chaos Dreams
#520 - 2012-07-20 17:37:15 UTC
Quote:
The end goal is for the materials for tech two production to come from player activities that require group gameplay and risk taking, and that provide appropriate rewards.

Reading that sentence makes me think, "We want you to run WoW-style raids to get materials for t2 production!" And if that is even remotely like what you have in mind, no. Hell no. Do not want. There are few things worse that you could do.