These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Best Wishes

Author
ReiAnn
Nova-Tek
#1 - 2012-07-19 23:35:24 UTC
I just wanted to post to tell everyone to send their best wishes and positive thoughts to the Republika Orla (corp). I don't want to bring up specifics due to their sensitive nature, but they have fallen on hard times. We, the miners of Silen, just want to show our support by leaving this message on the forum to encourage them and give them hope. We are here to talk if you need to convo for support.
Vulix
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-07-19 23:53:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Vulix
Who cares?

edit: If it's something IRL, sorry for the insincerity, thought it was an in-game issue
Ursula Thrace
Dreamland Augmented Consortium
#3 - 2012-07-19 23:57:36 UTC
it sounds like something very serious happened in RL. if it is what i think it is, i'm sorry and wish them the best.
Vulix
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-07-19 23:59:08 UTC
Ursula Thrace wrote:
it sounds like something very serious happened in RL. if it is what i think it is, i'm sorry and wish them the best.

If it's IRL, then absolutely best wishes.

If it's in game, then it's happened before and will happen again in the future, so it's moot.
Grandpa Bill
Twin Lakes Retirement Home
#5 - 2012-07-20 00:02:24 UTC
Regardless of what happened, I send my best wishes.

Grandpa Bill

Rain King
Playing Alone Sucks
#6 - 2012-07-20 00:05:36 UTC
Can someone clue those of us in who have no earthly idea what's up?
Vulix
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-07-20 00:14:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Vulix
Rain King wrote:
Can someone clue those of us in who have no earthly idea what's up?

Yeah, one of them got AIDS and spread it to the others

No really, this thread will just leave a lot of folks wondering
RectumRanger
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-07-20 00:18:04 UTC
I heard they lost their whole mining fleet to a smart bombing battleship. Hard times have fallen upon them indeed .
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#9 - 2012-07-20 00:19:21 UTC
Phase one: Make some completely vague message that could or could not be serious.
Phase two: Eat up attention.
Vulix
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-07-20 00:20:02 UTC
RectumRanger wrote:
I heard they lost their whole mining fleet to a smart bombing battleship. Hard times have fallen upon them indeed .

LOL THEY CAN GTFO
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#11 - 2012-07-20 00:41:51 UTC
Looks like we are too late for the tears.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Ship Mechanic
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-07-20 01:13:56 UTC
RectumRanger wrote:

If they need a mechanic, I be there.
Aeryn Banks
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-07-20 01:30:48 UTC
Ship Mechanic wrote:
RectumRanger wrote:

If they need a mechanic, I be there.

If they need a bank, I'll be there Cool
Karkaroph
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-07-20 02:19:52 UTC

May I ask the OP to clarify whether the "misfortune" was RL or in-game.

No further details are necessary, but until that information is made known, I am frankly unsure of how best to respond.

I tentatively offer my condolences to the RL situation that has befallen these people.

*Mutters shaking head: Terrible. Simply terrible! Bad things always seem to happen to good people.

If I find later that someone simply lost ISK through poor group leadership, I shall withdraw the above commiseration immediately and SEVERELY regret the time and effort I put into writing this heartfelt response.

Then I shall scowl derisively.

[i]I have seen so much of it, that truly I know nothing of it, except that it embaces me.

I, Karkaroph.[/i]

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-07-20 03:09:21 UTC
Evei Shard
Shard Industries
#16 - 2012-07-20 03:15:50 UTC
If this unfortunate event was actually in RL, should this post not be in OoPE?

Profit favors the prepared

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#17 - 2012-07-20 03:17:37 UTC
Did one of their sons turn gay?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Charles Baker
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-07-20 03:26:39 UTC
This was posted in GD, and thus must relate to something in-game, thus sucks to be them.
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#19 - 2012-07-20 03:41:08 UTC
It is also addressed to the corporation which would also imply it is in game. The original poster should have just sent a mail if message was meant for the Republika Orla specifically or should have announced something to the rest of us if it were not. It is a bit hard to build sympathy when stating something bad happened to someone either in game or not, but I have no specifics for you.
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#20 - 2012-07-20 03:49:09 UTC
Killboard forensics suggest something important was wrapped in plastic.

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"