These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Seeding super capitals on Singularity? - Yes!

First post
Author
Eyriemhale
420 Enterprises.
#81 - 2012-07-06 00:20:30 UTC
I am sure there are others that share your distaste and should learn that there is a 2nd system and use it, although i think Supers should have been seeded in a different system, but we have to deal with what we get :)
Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#82 - 2012-07-06 00:21:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Valentius
+1 all for this and I would like to also see an SP stipend for toonns - so that we might be able to test things we currently don't have skill points for... it doesn't make sense to me to advertise to people for mass testing and then not put in a means for people to test this due to TQ SP levels... it is a test server and CCP would have alot more testers IF people could temp up the points between mirrors on SISI - not sure how this would best be done but it might be nice to be able to both knock up AND down SPs on SISI to test things...there are times I would like to know what a toon with LESS SP would be like as well with testing. Maybe a way to "Set Skills at between 1-5" on the toons on SISI would be nice.

I would like to see with this though a return to Cap, BS, Cruiser, Frigate CAs... to limit the effect of people just mowing down the lot on any given day and rules that bind people to not pull up and DD the crap out of say a frigate testing area.
Anthony Leo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#83 - 2012-07-06 20:33:46 UTC
So I log on to the Sisi today hoping to try out a Wyvern but of all the supers that have been seeded, the Wyvern is the only one that cannot be found on the market so either it wasn't seeded at all or someone bought tall of them. Can we get them reseeded please.
Alxea
Unstable Pirate Sharks Of The Damed Sea
#84 - 2012-07-07 06:16:47 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi!

We are considering to seed super capitals (both super carriers and titans) on the markets on Singularity. We have not really decided on it, but it seems like the advantages will outweigh the disadvantages. Some from the QA team are still quite skeptical about it, but we are ready to give it a try.

It is clear, that some players will love and some others will hate it - but we don't know all the reasons for it and we have no idea how many are on which side. Please reply to this post if you have any opinion on it! Please also note it, if you think that any other changes need to be made in combination with this. Please stay civil in this thread and refrain from any personal attacks.
I plan to keep this thread active for 2-3 days and then post a short summary (and maybe post a follow-up thread). Assuming that you are all for seeding super capitals then I'll put super capitals onto the market of 6-CZ49 and reevaluate the whole thing with the next mirror.

Update: Super capitals are now seeded in 6-CZ49

This was a good idea. I like it.
Lord Drokoth
Hostile.
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#85 - 2012-07-08 22:46:19 UTC
trying out regular caps has just become pointless..
Super blobs are everywhere... would be nice to have the old style FFAs if supers are gonna remain seeded.

Darth Behelzebhu
Lair of Demons
#86 - 2012-07-09 15:52:12 UTC
It's been a few days already with supers seeded, so some feedback:

+'s points:
- Haven't noticied any problem with this, other caps are still being used (dreads,carriers)
- Also still people in regular ships flying around, as supers have become pointless to try to attack subs
- Haven't been cluster problems, even the CA's don't seem as full of drones as may have been expected
- Also PVH has seen a little more activity now with people trying to be away from supers, still good
- Another worry was that SISI may become over-populated, haven't yet happened

- 's points:
- If supers get seeded, on new mirrors, still have to be sure sov, building, etc. works (someone may still want to do this)
- SUpers stacks, people love to kill the stacks (even against the rules), my solution to this would be DON'T seed supers for 100 isk, keep them in the billions, even a bit higher that what obtained from insurance when popped, to avoid massive stacks and even just undock-loss-undoc k-loss in supers, making isk in sisi is easy, but with supers close to their actual TQ cost, would force people to not only fly 100 supers in 1 day
- Drone clusters still can become a problem, why not include a sisi.unique script where drones, as wrecks, vanish after couple hours, can improve lag and other issues

--Love SISI!

Gudrun Ellecon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2012-07-09 16:15:27 UTC
I agree with the above poster. Seed them with the higher prices to keep people from abusing them/the market. I bought mine for a billion isk, which didn't take long to make selling to random buy orders in Lonetrek. Good balance for availability.
Melissasama
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2012-07-09 19:08:29 UTC
For those of you who say "What's the point?" I can tell you at least one thing.

As a capital pilot of a few years with experience in moving my ships, I can see very clearly how much different Titan is from other ships including dreads.

The range is obviously much shorter but it really hits home to see HOW short. It's not something I can move around without resubbing my cyno alt account...something I hope to not do to save money.

It also give the experience of being in a Titan/Super. I can see what it's like to never leave. The requirement to stay in it 100% of the time is somewhat relaxed, but it gives me a good idea to see how much I'd HAVE to stay in it and how much I need another carrier to refit/give capacitor if moving through hostile areas.

I also know how much fits into a super and what I can take/use in terms of fuel/SMA/stront. It's nice before a 100B investment to see what I might be getting into.

And being only seeded in 6-C is interesting too. Syndicate isn't terribly hard to move out of, but it's a bit of a pain when you need solitude mids. Most aptly named region ever. I could certainly see supers being seeded elsewhere and maybe cynojamming 6C. But I think it will be ok. Supers have trouble hitting subs and doing damage, and if someone is being a pain with webs/TP usually you can kill off that ship.
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#89 - 2012-07-13 03:10:41 UTC
Time we make two combat zones, next to other, one for supers and one for sub capitals. non supers.
the teddybear
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#90 - 2012-07-13 09:59:31 UTC
You seeded supers, now you see the havoc that has been brought upon us. Super capitals have been one of those very touchy subjects that people begged for and was quite fine left alone. I am speaking as someone who has spent many hours self destructing the monstrosities that have been forced into existence, Aeons fitted with T1 meta armor repairers, T1 rigs, failed attempts at an pantheon aeon, or things like my pet that are dual tanked embarrassments that would otherwise be removed immediately from existence if they were brought to the main server. CCP I beg of you, do not seed supers next mirror, it creates problems that are otherwise impossible to avoid without moving to a new system and not deal with the occasional capital, rather than the super carrier or titan blobs that exist to massively now. I do not wish that the only escape from supers be that I cannot use a revelation or archon, I want to use those, but in the current environment my choices are Battleship and lower, or know that when my archon exits warp it will succumb to 5 Doomsdays from scrub pilots who wouldn't know the first thing as to how to properly operate the weapons they possess aside from "lock target, fire doomsday and wait." Super Capitals should be as "special" on singularity as they are on Trainquility

My post anger you? too bad, suck it up and move along.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#91 - 2012-07-13 10:37:23 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:
Time we make two combat zones, next to other, one for supers and one for sub capitals. non supers.

Already created. Go next door to PVH?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Lord Drokoth
Hostile.
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#92 - 2012-07-13 10:59:38 UTC
This little issue is sooo easy to fix..
Just use the old style combat areas. and have one room that allows all types.
the teddybear
Dreddit
#93 - 2012-07-13 11:00:29 UTC
Salpun wrote:
BEPOHNKA wrote:

problem, cant test normal capitals with out being forced to suffer the wrath of super capitals, even before they were seeded, it wasn't horrible bad, you could still have some sort of fun in a carrier or dread, now it is nearly impossible.

Andrasta Shor
Novus Ordo Seclorum.
#94 - 2012-07-13 21:04:51 UTC
the teddybear wrote:

TITANS AND SUPERS SHOULD ONLY BE FOR DDL WAAAAAAAH

Freezehunter
#95 - 2012-07-15 02:41:38 UTC
Seeding supers is an incredibly stupid idea.

All combat areas are already being camped by 50 dreads and carriers that kill everything daily, adding Motherships and Titans as well is totally ********.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Freezehunter
#96 - 2012-07-15 02:42:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
the teddybear wrote:
Salpun wrote:
BEPOHNKA wrote:

problem, cant test normal capitals with out being forced to suffer the wrath of super capitals, even before they were seeded, it wasn't horrible bad, you could still have some sort of fun in a carrier or dread, now it is nearly impossible.

Also this.

Every time I want to test a new dread or carrier setup with friends, we end up getting doomsdayed by some ******* from DDL.

Now it will be worse.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Comodore John
Doomsday Legion.
#97 - 2012-07-15 03:30:04 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
the teddybear wrote:
Salpun wrote:
BEPOHNKA wrote:

Also this.

Every time I want to test a new dread or carrier setup with friends, we end up getting doomsdayed by some ******* from DDL.

Now it will be worse.

Would like to point out that we haven't been doing that much since the seed, no real point :P

Before you complain, at least we were somewhat fair about how we did things; can't say we didn't predict this current situation either.
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#98 - 2012-07-15 18:19:15 UTC
After 5 years of having trained for the nyx, I finaly get to fly one. I'm a happy customer today. Now let me dock back in... oh wait

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Magic Crisp
Amarrian Micro Devices
#99 - 2012-07-16 10:16:05 UTC
Could you seed supers in a dedicated testing system? That'd prevent major interaction with the subcap testing and whatnot. Being separated if you want to play with supers seems like a good idea to me.
the teddybear
Dreddit
#100 - 2012-07-19 20:11:55 UTC
Andrasta Shor wrote:
the teddybear wrote:

TITANS AND SUPERS SHOULD ONLY BE FOR DDL WAAAAAAAH

Seems your scrubliness has overridden your ability to format a comprehensive forum post. While I do on occasion fly an aeon, you wont find me in one all the time, I actually prefer running logistics for randoms in my archon or flying around killing things in a Talos, Vindi, navy mega, bhaal, or navy scorp. What my friends do is there choice and I'll not be the one to say no, because some times, you scrubs need to learn that you may be able to talk, but we're the ones with the bats, and we're ready to crack some capitals open easier than the SoCo pinata TEST made.