These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Character Bazaar

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WTB highest SP Pilot for 1 Plex (~480M)

Author
Aless Benetek
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-07-19 16:08:09 UTC
Wow,

I just discovered this section of the forums!

I had no idea you could buy/sell pilots!

Anyhows, I am a total newb at this so need some help.

I have a main with 7M SP, high sec status, PVP oriented.

I have two alts on this account with pretty much zero SP (this is one of them).

I believe that I delete one of the two newb alts, and when I buy a pilot, it is transfered to this account into that slot?

I am willing to risk 1 Plex, or equivalent ISK.

Any suggestions on what to buy (industrial, etc.) to best supplement my low SP pvp pilot?

What should I look out for (low sec standing, poor history, one everyone's KOS list, etc.)?

Anyways, this sounds really exciting, I would LOVE to land an awesome SP skilled pilot!

I am sorta concerned that I might stop flying my main?

Perhaps I should start a second account for the newly purchased pilot?

Anyways, thanks for your time.

Giglioronanomicon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-07-19 16:14:27 UTC
It costs 2 plex for a transfer fee that the seller has to pay FYI, so 1 plex isn't worth a character. 2 plex would only be worth it if someone wanted to give one away for no profit.
Aless Benetek
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-07-19 16:16:05 UTC
Ahh, thanks, so minimum would be 3 Plex.

You are too kind, thanks for your information.
Aless Benetek
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-07-19 16:17:44 UTC
OK, I raise my offer to 3 Plex!

Guess that could be one 60 day GTC and one Plex, or whatever.

Sorry for the newb 1 Plex offer :-)
Sherringford Hovis
Light of the moon
Fraternity.
#5 - 2012-07-19 16:22:36 UTC
Aless Benetek:

my suggestion is to keep the plex and use it for enjoyment.

You will be looking at 1 to 2 mil sp character with just one plex above the transfer cost. Hardly worth the investment for a short duration trained character. Either save up for the long haul and get a character worth more than a few mil sp, or use it to enjoy/learn the game.

That is my advise.

Nimh Finity
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-07-19 16:25:35 UTC
Hey Aless, well first the best thing you should do now is look for the right character for you. Right now im looking for a Hulk pilot to passivly mine while pew pew'ing in my Legion. The lowest pilot you could most likely get your hands on is a Hulk pilot, in which is anywhere from 2-3b isk. If you want combat in some cases you can get a lower SP T3 pilot for about 2-3b isk, if your lucky. So if I were you I would have a budget of about 3b isk, I currently use 2 accounts atm so I can run two clients, if you have the extra money I would advise you do so. That is all my tips, have a good day and good luck on the Bazaar! Blink
Aless Benetek
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-07-19 16:35:38 UTC
Nimh Finity wrote:
Hey Aless, well first the best thing you should do now is look for the right character for you. Right now im looking for a Hulk pilot to passivly mine while pew pew'ing in my Legion. The lowest pilot you could most likely get your hands on is a Hulk pilot, in which is anywhere from 2-3b isk. If you want combat in some cases you can get a lower SP T3 pilot for about 2-3b isk, if your lucky. So if I were you I would have a budget of about 3b isk, I currently use 2 accounts atm so I can run two clients, if you have the extra money I would advise you do so. That is all my tips, have a good day and good luck on the Bazaar! Blink

Thanks for the advice guys!

See, nice folks do play Eve, it's not all trolls and griefers!

The 3B ISK, is that above and beyond the 2B transfer fee, so 5B total?
Nimh Finity
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-07-19 19:49:48 UTC
You don't have to pay the transfer fee if your buying the char. It would be 1b if you were selling a char.
Akaria Cicero
Kainan Mai Appreciation Corporation
#9 - 2012-07-19 19:52:52 UTC
I would strongly advise to get an alt in this game, but on another account.

\\Thats totally cool with CCP by the way, they even promote it.
Aless Benetek
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-07-19 20:37:25 UTC
Akaria Cicero wrote:

Thanks all, I just purchased a second account using CCP's Power of Two sale!

Guess I will let a new toon sit in station for 2 months to skill up mining/industrial.

Thanks all.
raptorHUN
angry bird's
R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N
#11 - 2012-07-19 22:50:36 UTC
Aless Benetek wrote:
Akaria Cicero wrote:

Thanks all, I just purchased a second account using CCP's Power of Two sale!

Guess I will let a new toon sit in station for 2 months to skill up mining/industrial.

Thanks all.

here is some advise for the future if u ever do plan to sell any toon u skill up

if say u have 2 toons, 1 indy and 1 pvp, the pvp toon will be worth 3-5x ,more than the indy even if their the same sp. basically indy skills reduce the value of ur toon, so never train it, unless ur planning on being a industrial for a long time.