These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Would anyone use structure repair drones?

First post
Author
Sargon Dent
Cosmically Irrelevant
#1 - 2012-07-19 09:16:09 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD TYPE40
Just wondering.

You know what what would be nice is, drones that repair structure.

Add these CCP wouldn't effect game balance.

EDIT: Thread title changed to more accurately represent the thread content. Also moving to correct forum section - ISD Type40
Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-07-19 10:19:17 UTC
If they could repair my ship I would.

As it is now they aren't worth the training, cost and drone hold capacity for a loner like me.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Saile Litestrider
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-07-19 10:48:18 UTC
Logistics ships do, but they have a bonus to them. They're sometimes used to help support a spider tank, you see this in the alliance tournaments sometimes.

If you're flying a drone boat and have the space a flight of light armor reppers comes in handy for when your drones get scratched up and you need to top them off after a fight.
Belthazor4011
Battle BV Redux
#4 - 2012-07-19 11:10:46 UTC
Sure I do, it might be a bit slow but its capless reps. Its an easy thing to carry in a drone ship and you can easily help others with it.
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#5 - 2012-07-19 12:06:25 UTC
I have often used them in pve. Working with a friend, he would tank in a BS or drake. I would bring a rupture or muninn. He takes the larger targets and uses his drones on the frigs, I use rep drones on him, and no worries about tank.

Also, if I go on a roam and have spare room, armor reps can be a nice back up. Heck, even in an RvB fight, throw one rep drone on the FC can help make the fight last longer.
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-07-19 13:24:15 UTC
Topic "Would anyone use structure repair drones" moved to Features and Ideas section of the forums - ISD Type40

Have a nice day folks Big smile

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-07-19 14:02:09 UTC
Remote structure repair modules regenerate such ridiculously small amounts of hp for their size.
Drones would have to be even less effective to be balanced against the modules. Nobody would use them.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)