These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

From 0 ISK to 2.5B ISK in 21 days on a trial character

Author
Kailean
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-07-16 18:00:04 UTC
Nobody starts with 0 isk -- you get 5,000 as inheritance.
Noemi Kautsuo
Space Environment Creations LLC
#22 - 2012-07-16 18:21:10 UTC
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Title is a lie, 10M ISK is not the same as 0 ISK.

How is it a lie? I got that 10M from doing tutorial missions. :P

Kailean wrote:

I'm pretty sure a new character on account gets 0 ISK... And when you make an alt that one gets 5,000 ISK.
Kailean
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-07-16 18:28:43 UTC
Could very well be. I'm not interested enough that I'll create yet another trial account just to find out Roll
Wu Jiaqiu
#24 - 2012-07-16 18:45:58 UTC
Nice! I'm made 1 billion this month with a 1 billion investment. A 100% profit is great. 2.5bil with your starting capital is INSANE for me. I don't know how you guys do it. I've trained up a freighter alt and I hope to be getting into the import export business soon. But i fear high sec ganks from roaming tornado fleets Q_Q
ABRACADABSTRACTART
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-07-16 18:50:14 UTC
Kailean wrote:

so the **** what?
Dealth Striker
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-07-17 02:35:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Dealth Striker
Noemi Kautsuo wrote:

Some tips

- Don't keep large stocks unless you know what you are doing.

This is EVE - If you know what you are doing... you are playing the game wrong Big smile
Striker Out!!
Rogue Integer
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-07-17 05:40:04 UTC
Noemi Kautsuo wrote:
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Title is a lie, 10M ISK is not the same as 0 ISK.

How is it a lie? I got that 10M from doing tutorial missions. :P

Ah, I was wondering the same thing. The fact that you had the mental fortitude to run thru those boring missions in one day is an achievement on its own. ;)
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#28 - 2012-07-17 10:41:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Celeste Taylor
I have been playing since the end of May and I began with buying a couple of PLEX and living in Jita post Jita burn. My first week looked fairly close to your day 13 to day 21 data. By the end of a couple of weeks I was able to afford a full women's wardrobe (the entire NEX store, two Quafe shirts, the 400m Executioner Red/Gold and the Sterling CCP shirt) line up. I then decided to buy +5 and x05 implants since the first thing I trained for was level 5 cybernetics.

A couple of weeks later I bought Navy issues of the Vexor, Dominix, and Megathron as I was able to unlock them and a ton of Deadspace modules. I even did a little experiment when my distribution agent offered me the "Shipyard Theft" L4 storyline mission and managed to finish it with almost no skills or idea what I was doing with a fully loaded Navy Megathron.

Otherwise I don't really fly these ships since I only have enough (1.5m SP) skills to shuttle them around and I am not really a combat type of player, but I do like my growing fleet collection.

After that I started handing out ISK to even newer players, and am now starting to stock ISK for future game time. Is PLEX a better investment and more inflation proof than ISK?

I recently decided to train up for a Viator, so with the help of a covert ops cloak I can take my experiments out of high sec.

Eventually I will start buying T2 and other race ships once I have trained enough to shuttle them to my hanger.

I suppose the reason why I am posting is to support the initial post in that it doesn't take any SP to begin trading unlike other professions. At this point my trading skills are mainly at level 4 so I can almost trade as proficiently as the rest of you, but the difference does slow down, especially after you are able to do around 60 open orders.

I know many of you who make enough for several PLEX a month and have an insane number of accounts and characters. I know there are others who buy T2 ships and capitals to fight in PvP. There are also some people who like to stockpile in monocles or Ishukone shirts. What do other people who have steady incomes for a while do with their ISK?

Eveboard does have me ranked with the top 20 players on the "hours played" per day list, and I suspect this will go down, but for now I spend more time on EVE than I do at my real job. I'm also ranked at #41 for average faction standings, since I tend to run distribution missions around the major trade centers while remote trading so all the empires like me.

Edit: OP is definitely a skilled trader with 20-30%+ daily profits It took me about a week to double my initial investment, which is nothing in comparison to the % rise from 10m to 2.5b in 3 weeks. I also do a bit of hauling between the four hubs (two or three laps a day) and use EVE Central of course which makes the opener that much more impressive.
Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-07-18 16:52:58 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
Nicely done. Wish I had the patience for it...

This... I can't really be arsed to check almost every single item to hopefully find something lucrative.

1% daily ROI is where I'm at with what I'm trading in...

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-07-19 15:52:29 UTC
API proof or it didn't happen.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Corvus Borealis
AUS-BadBadNotGood
#31 - 2012-07-19 17:09:41 UTC
Epic.
Corvus Borealis
AUS-BadBadNotGood
#32 - 2012-07-19 17:10:34 UTC
Noemi Kautsuo wrote:

I'm pretty sure a new character on account gets 0 ISK... And when you make an alt that one gets 5,000 ISK.

Every character gets 5000 ISK and 1 tritanium.
Previous page12