These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Cammo is for Dust Bunnies

Author
Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#21 - 2012-07-17 23:49:55 UTC
why don't they build ships that look like asteroids?
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#22 - 2012-07-18 00:32:24 UTC
Soi Mala wrote:

I GOT POPPED FOR MINING AN ASTEROID! WTF CONCORD!! Pirate

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-07-18 00:33:46 UTC
Tarn Kugisa wrote:
Soi Mala wrote:

I GOT POPPED FOR MINING AN ASTEROID! WTF CONCORD!! Pirate

Hulkageddon would have even more lulz Lol

Hidden belts that fight back P

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2012-07-18 00:42:57 UTC
interestingly, Dust armors and vehicles dont have any camo.

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#25 - 2012-07-18 00:44:01 UTC
Space Camo makes sense...
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#26 - 2012-07-18 02:02:47 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
interestingly, Dust armors and vehicles dont have any camo.

Nanites only come in gun metal black.
Josef Djugashvilis
#27 - 2012-07-18 07:48:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Forum Foreplay wrote:
j/k Big smile

Seriously, I don't think cammo belongs on spaceships. Space ships are not tracked visually, they are tracked via scanners and scanners are not fooled by paint Roll

It just doesn't belong and I can't understand why we are getting more. Obviously someone at CCP thinks it is cool, which it is not, but why do they have to subject us to this?

Go spray paint your car Evil

Cammo makes me not want to play, I enjoy the visual aspect, have the graphics maxed and have a nice computer, all that to see a paint job that can be done with a can of Rustoleum?. Cry

I think my Navy Issue Dominix is much easier on the eye than my regular Domi.

Camo stays.

This is not a signature.

Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#28 - 2012-07-18 08:03:05 UTC
Camo is not just for dust bunnies, we space bunnies enjoy our camo as well...makes us feel all ninja like. Cool
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-07-18 08:21:36 UTC
Forum Foreplay wrote:
Seriously, I don't think cammo belongs on spaceships. Space ships are not tracked visually, they are tracked via scanners and scanners are not fooled by paint Roll

Dust 514 suggest ground combat still exist in the eve universe, cadpat tw coloring may at some point have been a dominating military symbol, like it currently is in real life. Even if it do not serves any practical purpose on space ships it may just be there for historical reasons, showing that the ship is a military ship.

With the nanotechnology available in the eve universe, it probably not harder to paint camouflage then any single color, and as you say yourself the color don't really matter, so why not use camouflage on military ships?

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-07-18 09:16:30 UTC
What if... NANITES... made with SLEEPER TECH were planted by the JOVE in the paint to make camo jobs less susceptible to targeting systems.

That excuse seems to work pretty well for every other plot-hole / deus ex machina.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Serena Serene
Heretic University
#31 - 2012-07-18 09:34:46 UTC
Forum Foreplay wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Camo. As in camouflage.

Internet as in, dont care?

Someone bothered to make you aware of a mistake you made. In a not unfriendly manner.
Instead of being thankful for the opportunity to improve yourself, you start bitching.
:(
Planetmaster
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-07-18 10:47:35 UTC
Forum Foreplay wrote:
j/k Big smile

It just doesn't belong and I can't understand why we are getting more. Obviously someone at CCP thinks it is cool, which it is not, but why do they have to subject us to this?

Go spray paint your car Evil

Cammo makes me not want to play, I enjoy the visual aspect, have the graphics maxed and have a nice computer, all that to see a paint job that can be done with a can of Rustoleum?. Cry

Someone is too old to work in computer game industry :) Camo was cool years ago :)
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#33 - 2012-07-18 11:05:44 UTC
People defending space camo are hilarious, it serves no other purpose than "easy texture to create and to hide imperfections in the ship design". There's no space-logic where camo would make sense, it's just lazy design.
Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-07-18 11:09:22 UTC
I've always preferred the term DPM.

It's just an aesthetic that separates the different factions and their civilian ships. I actually quite like some of the digital stuff.
Cede Forster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-07-18 13:19:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Cede Forster
Imagine you would order a real spaceship, out of a catalog ... because you are rich and spaceships now get sold it catalogs.

And they offer three versions, regular, "camouflage" or "hello kitty paintjob" which one would you order?

Also: Why does the space shuttle have an american flag on it and writing saying "United states of America" if only the US have a space shuttle.
Due to the unique shape it very unlikely it gets mistaken for something else if you are close enough to read it.
I think people just like to paint there spaceships
Taurich Vorsel
#36 - 2012-07-18 13:23:51 UTC
Showed a friend EVE today, flew around my fleetpest for abit

First thing he asked was if I was going to hunt 'space leopards' in the 'space jungle', he thought the jungle camo would greatly help me blend in.

Then I showed him the serpentis/boundless paintjob and he just started laughing

Copine Callmeknau disappeared one day now we are left with Taurich Vorsel AKA BIZARRO COPE!

Robus Muvila
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-07-18 13:26:37 UTC

Eve Should Be Text Based.

TMC Senior Developer http://themittani.com - Because EvE has needed a proper news site for ages

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#38 - 2012-07-18 14:06:28 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:
People defending space camo are hilarious, it serves no other purpose than "easy texture to create and to hide imperfections in the ship design". There's no space-logic where camo would make sense, it's just lazy design.

I defend camo because I am a certified redneck and camo is our official color(s).

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Sarmea Moon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-07-18 14:15:25 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:

No space logic?

*drags in the real world* *winces*

Why in the hell did I have to wear a bright freaking red white and blue patch on my "camouflage" real life uniform? And yes, we wore non desert camo in a desert- don't ask for freakin' logic. We outprocessed through the main post in Baghdad, and they even had people wearing bright orange road guard vests- don't get me started on stupidity......

Why do air force planes (from the time before we even had an air force) paint all sorts of designs on their noses/sides? We had the bombshell beauties, and others painted shark's teeth.

Yes, I want a bright pink BunBun painted on my Shiva Tank for ground combat- and I don't care who likes it! I want my camo in dark pink and purple for the background. There's your justification- cause I like camo, that's why!!

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse [lady of commercial virtue]. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.- James Nicoll

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-07-18 14:17:52 UTC
Taurich Vorsel wrote:
Showed a friend EVE today, flew around my fleetpest for abit

First thing he asked was if I was going to hunt 'space leopards' in the 'space jungle', he thought the jungle camo would greatly help me blend in.

Then I showed him the serpentis/boundless paintjob and he just started laughing

I'm with your friend. EVE looks technically fantastic and continues to improve, but some of the artistic choices are just god awful/laughable and seem to get worse. I can't wait to get custom paintjobs on the ships, so I never have to look at another lazy ass designers camo paintjob atrocity ever again.
Previous page123Next page