These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Hi Sec POCOs Desperately Needed

First post
Author
Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-07-17 17:45:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Suddenly Forums ForumKings
The POCO, or Player Owned Customs Office, is a player owned structure that replaces the InterBus NPC customs office in lo, null, and WH space.

They have created a rich ecosystem of PVP between lo sec alliances that has driven conflicts across the game, but especially in Black Rise and Placid. They are one of the best things CCP ever did to lo sec.

Let's share the love. Hi sec should have the ability to remove the CONCORD Offices and place Player Owned ones. This has the benefit of lower taxes for all PI users and it gives hi sec people a new asset to fight over.

People are always talking about how war needs objectives, let's bring the POCO to hi sec!

NOTE: Not owning a POCO does not prevent you from doing PI on a planet. Anyone can do PI anywhere.
Ohh Yeah
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#2 - 2012-07-17 17:47:41 UTC
Would give wardecs a reason if high-sec POCOs could be claimed, fought over, and their tax rates controlled (albeit at a much high minimum tax than low-sec/0.0)
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#3 - 2012-07-17 17:50:01 UTC
POCO-bashing is bo-ring.

Be nice to see a bash generate a little combat, too....

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Doomheim
#4 - 2012-07-17 17:50:48 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
POCO-bashing is bo-ring.

It's easier and faster than POS bashing and I've seen (and participated in) a lot of fleet battles resulting from the bashes.
Keras Authion
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-07-17 17:52:49 UTC
While this would make sense, I'm invoking Malcanis' law here. A bored powerblock could claim all the important locations, claim them without any real danger of retribution and crank the taxes to max.

This post was rated "C" for capsuleer.

Ohh Yeah
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#6 - 2012-07-17 17:57:32 UTC
Keras Authion wrote:
While this would make sense, I'm invoking Malcanis' law here. A bored powerblock could claim all the important locations, claim them without any real danger of retribution and crank the taxes to max.

I can feel the sand between my toes already
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-07-17 18:02:22 UTC
Ohh Yeah wrote:
Would give wardecs a reason if high-sec POCOs could be claimed, fought over, and their tax rates controlled (albeit at a much high minimum tax than low-sec/0.0)

I was wondering if I jam the logistics ship of the attackers so they get killed by the defenders I get a criminal or vigilant flag?
Can the attackers kill my ship jamming their logistics or if they do are they going to be Conkorden?
Serious question because I don't really understand this new mechanic.

brb

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-07-17 18:37:13 UTC
Keras Authion wrote:

I mean, just like they already claim all the lowsec POCOs, right?
Korsiri
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-07-17 18:44:11 UTC
really wish there was a better abbreviation for that

every time I see it I think Purchase Order: Change Order

Sigh.
Lexmana
#10 - 2012-07-17 18:50:09 UTC
POCOs in highsec are coming soon(tm), at least if we can believe Soundwave during one of the between games talks during ATX. He said he really wanted them there.
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#11 - 2012-07-17 18:50:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Roll Sizzle Beef
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Keras Authion wrote:

Except in low you need to actually be around to protect them from anyone. In high, you limit who can attack them due to the outrageous wardec cost of major alliances leaving all smaller corps just looking at these big alliance owned highsec pocos with no funds to wardec them over and over again when the big dogs decide they want the whole constellation paying taxes again for lawls.

Would only be great If highsec pocos wont have concord support, and the suspect flags are actually working. Then anyone attacking any highsec poco becomes a free for all.
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-07-17 19:04:34 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Keras Authion wrote:

Except in low you need to actually be around to protect them from anyone. In high, you limit who can attack them due to the outrageous wardec cost of major alliances leaving all smaller corps just looking at these big alliance owned highsec pocos with no funds to wardec them over and over again when the big dogs decide they want the whole constellation paying taxes again for lawls.

Would only be great If highsec pocos wont have concord support, and the suspect flags are actually working. Then anyone attacking any highsec poco becomes a free for all.

Ok, that's it.

Why is there some kind of idea that hi sec people are incapable of cooperating and need to have all content soloable? Whenever someone tries to bring some life into hi sec people come out of the woodwork about how it isn't fair to the casual player and how teamwork shouldn't be needed to meet goals.

But apparently living in nullsec should require massive amounts of teamwork.

This double standard amazes me.
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2012-07-17 19:05:16 UTC
Suddenly Forums ForumKings wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
POCO-bashing is bo-ring.

It's easier and faster than POS bashing and I've seen (and participated in) a lot of fleet battles resulting from the bashes.

I was unaware the Minmatar Republic was involved in any POCO bashing

FC, what do?

Torvin Yulus
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-07-17 19:07:15 UTC
i don want to ave tpo stay up to 6 am to defend a poco because somoen did a 100$% tax rate

we got hat goonswarm and that tgoonswamr is gonna makle the pocos
they gonna make the pocos

and what will we do abloutr i?

im a pubby and im proud

Fiona Tsero
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-07-17 19:07:48 UTC
Why is there some kind of idea that hi sec people are incapable of cooperating and need to have all content soloable?

Because that's how a lot of hisec people play the game?
bartos100
Living Ghost
#16 - 2012-07-17 19:08:44 UTC
i like the idea of POCO's in high sec

and the first powerblock that takes a region and puts taxes at max will find that a lot of the players who used to be there move their PI to planets where the tax is lower :)

and the fact that i dont see a 0.0 alliance show up to defend 1 POCO in high sec :D
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-07-17 19:09:47 UTC
Fiona Tsero wrote:
Why is there some kind of idea that hi sec people are incapable of cooperating and need to have all content soloable?

When I was growing up I was told that you had to work for the things you had.
Kyle Ward
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-07-17 19:10:03 UTC
Get out.

The Sandbox, you're playing it wrong!

Dusenman
Sensible People
Sigma Grindset
#19 - 2012-07-17 19:10:41 UTC
It would help the high sec mercs. So +1

GM Homonoia: In other words; feel free to use the tactic, but don't be an utter and total ***.

CCP Tallest_: _And by "we have made it so", I mean Punkturis has made it so.

Fiona Tsero
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-07-17 19:17:44 UTC
Fiona Tsero wrote:

When I was growing up I was told that you had to work for the things you had.

Me too.
12Next page