These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inner Visions looking for players under 20 mil SP [SOUND] [NSIDE]

Author
Yoruichi Paget
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#141 - 2012-06-29 20:05:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Yoruichi Paget
Greetings Inner Visions,

I am a returning player to the EVE universe and by the description of your corporation, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm from the UK, I used to play EVE everyday but haven't really played for almost 4yrs now so I'm out of touch with all the changes and will need help updating my knowledge. I enjoy all aspects of the game from mining to Pvp. I tend to opt for Amarr ships and lasers combined with smart bombs for anti-drone.

Unfortunatly I no longer have access to my old account, this account I opened a while back for the 14day trial but before my trial ended I lost my connection to the internet and its only recently have I felt the urge to play again with having seen the new expansion.

I had past experiences in running corps myself, only to a scale of 20/30 people. I believe that team progression is the most important thing and will always offer my services to fellow alliance members wherever possible.

I have payed for 3months of game time as I intend to make a proper return to the game and at this time I'am waiting for my client to update. I work on average 60hrs a week, so I can't promise to be on for hours on end everyday but I will most likely play at least 1hr a day minimum, on my days off this will most likely jump to 5-6hrs minimum.

I will try to speak to you in game as soon as possible, hopefully tonight.

I look foreward to hearing from yourselves in the future,

With hopeful regards,

Paget, Yoruichi.
Zqu
Inner Visions
#142 - 2012-07-01 19:50:23 UTC
Did you know: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

-

Zqu
Inner Visions
#143 - 2012-07-02 12:40:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Zqu
EVE sounds complex – how will I learn all I need to know? Part 1/3

# Most importantly you should keep in mind that you don‘t have to learn everything at once and that, depending on how you want to play the game, there will be some things you won‘t need to learn. EVE is a very intricate, deep world with a lot of content and most only experience part of what‘s out there.

-

saj badger
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#144 - 2012-07-02 18:29:51 UTC
Quantum Teleportation is possible! not only that, but IBM succeeded in making it happen over 20 years ago!
As some of the sci-fi fans reading this will know, quantum teleportation is where an object is broken down in one place and an identical copy is rebuilt in another, like Mike Teavee in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Don’t get your hopes up for a teleportation machine in your living room any time soon, though.

The research only led to the teleportation of a single photon, however this is extremely impressive. And while it probably won’t happen in the lifetime of anyone reading this, the team says that the teleportation of large objects, including humans, isn’t an impossibility. So, how is this possible?

It’s rather complicated, but the article about this on the IBM website, which you can read by clicking on the source, explains it brilliantly. There’s also a brilliant youtube video explaining the phenomenon.
Zqu
Inner Visions
#145 - 2012-07-03 12:28:32 UTC
EVE sounds complex – how will I learn all I need to know? Part 2/3

# For the essentials of what you need to know we offer in-game tutorials, an online Wiki and bustling forums where players can discuss all things EVE related or get answers to questions. We also run an in-game help channel and a special "rookie help channel" for our new players. The Rookie help channel is manned at all times by volunteers who are there to answer any question you might have.

-

qazmer89
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#146 - 2012-07-03 17:03:31 UTC
A man tried to commit suicide by turning himself into a human explosive.
Fortunately, the 28-year-old man didn’t figure out the science quite right and was unable to kill himself. In able to become explosive, the man began by consuming large amounts of nitroglycerin tablets and vodka.

These materials, though probably hazardous to the man’s health, didn’t turn the man into an explosive. He then repeatedly rammed himself into the wall, trying to explode. The demolition worker's failed suicide occurred in February 2001 in Michigan.

Interestingly, despite working in demolition, he wasn’t thinking rationally enough to actually form a reasonable suicide plan for his own demolition. The man was admitted to the hospital for treatment. By the time of his admittance he had sustained serious bruising.

He was given counseling and released from the hospital. The definitely wins the award for the most interesting suicide attempt, but the desire to die is an unfortunate situation. The prevalence of suicide is an extremely serious problem, and certainly not something to be taken lightly.
Zqu
Inner Visions
#147 - 2012-07-04 13:37:11 UTC
Did you know: Most people shed between 50 to 100 hairs every day.

-

Tom Schofield
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#148 - 2012-07-04 15:37:29 UTC
The mighty giraffe can drink 12 gallons in one setting
The BlackPrince
Inner Visions
#149 - 2012-07-05 13:13:04 UTC
EVE sounds complex – how will I learn all I need to know? Part 3/3

Despite all our efforts to help players learn, most still gain the majority of their knowledge from other players which is the natural way of things in an MMORPG. To learn from others, a good idea would be to join a player run corporation relatively soon after you start to play.

Player-run corporations are usually welcoming towards new players, and the number of corporations actively seeking new recruits usually outnumbers the number of players looking for a place in a corporation. Once you are in a corporation the more experienced players will typically help you get started.

Currently building carriers and rorquals. Contact me for a cheap capital ship.

Zqu
Inner Visions
#150 - 2012-07-07 15:12:26 UTC
Did you know: A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out

-

b4dg3r
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#151 - 2012-07-08 15:44:48 UTC
Twix is a combination of the words Twin Sticks!
Twix is made my Mars, Inc and was originally made in the UK in 1967. It didn’t make it to the US until 1979. Mars, Inc was founded in 1911 in Tacoma, Washington. The Twix is made of a biscuit with a thin layer of chocolate followed by a layer of caramel with the whole thing coated in chocolate.

Its name came from a combination of the words twin and sticks. Twix was called Raider in much of Europe until it was officially changed in 1991 to match its internationally known name.

Here in the US, the Twix bar is produced in Cleveland, Tennessee. There are many variations of the Twix candy bar. In North America we have the Twix Peanut Butter candy bar where peanut butter replaces the caramel.

Other interesting variants are the Twix Coconut, Twix Java, and Twix Mint. Many odd types of Twix were introduced in the early 1990s, but they didn’t last long at all.
Zqu
Inner Visions
#152 - 2012-07-09 17:35:00 UTC
Did you know: An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it.

-

Zqu
Inner Visions
#153 - 2012-07-10 11:03:14 UTC
Did you know: Loneliness is processed in the same part of the brain as physical pain.

-

Zqu
Inner Visions
#154 - 2012-07-11 18:46:35 UTC
Hello

Our recruitment is still open. We got two new recruits (one today and one yesterday), but we're still looking for a few more.

Jump into [Sound] and have a chat with us.

- NSIDE

-

Zqu
Inner Visions
#155 - 2012-07-12 13:25:40 UTC

Last saturday we joined up with one of Curatores Veritatis Alliance (CVA) fleet and ended up with 220 pilots in the fleet. We had a few engagements inbetween Catch and Providence before we titaned over to Stain and fought a Armor battleship fleet with carrier support (AAA). It was great fun and we will try to join in on similar ops in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md5ax19gD3g&feature=youtu.be

We're still recruiting, jump into [Sound], give your "hello" and we will have a chat.

-

Zqu
Inner Visions
#156 - 2012-07-13 11:52:14 UTC
Did you know: Mars is the home of Olympus Mons, the largest known volcano in our solar system

-

Christopher Bullett
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#157 - 2012-07-13 19:26:26 UTC
Did you know: The average adult heart beats 72 times a minute; 100,000 times a day; 3,600,000 times a year; and 2.5 billion times during a lifetime.

Join our recruitment channel [SOUND] and have a chat Smile
b4dg3r
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#158 - 2012-07-16 16:37:37 UTC
Both Sweden and the Soviet Union made plans to develop moose-mounted cavalries!

I’m sure there’s a “Soviet Russia” joke in this fact. How about, in Soviet Russia moose hunts you? Anyways as early as 1869, the Russian zoologist and explorer Alexander von Middendorff wrote to the Tsar’s government about how the moose is an underutilized and unexpected war resource, and suggested that the government invest in domesticating it.

This idea didn’t go very far at the time, but it resurfaced in the 1930’s Soviet Union. It was suggested that moose cavalry could be efficiently used even in the deep snow. In 1934, the Soviet Government’s Nature Reserve Comittee ordered the creation of moose reserves and breeding centers in support of the effort.

However, the idea had not materialized by the time WW2 came around, and thus it was swept away. Sweden also engaged and eventually failed in this plan. I guess the moose was just meant to be free.
b4dg3r
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#159 - 2012-07-17 18:06:14 UTC
The Apollo 12 lunar checklist had small pictures of playboy models.

Apollo 12 was part of the Apollo program at NASA. It was the sixth manned flight in the Apollo program, and the second one to land on the moon. It went to the moon in 1969. Charles Conrad and Allan L. Bean walked on the moon while Richard F. Gordon stayed in the shuttle orbiting the moon.

It was a goal of the mission to land more precisely. There was a little bit of a rivalry between the prime crew, who were all from the Navy and the back-up crew, who were all from the Air Force. That rivalry resulted in a number of pranks back and forth between the two groups.

It was the back-up crew that played a joke on the prime crew, altering their lunar checklist slightly. What the back-up crew did was to add nude pictures of playboy models to the list. Each lunar checklist was attached to the wrist of their suits, and each page had its own small playboy cover page.

It was probably a shock for the two astronauts Conrad and Bean, and it just goes to show that your job is never too serious to have a little fun.

Read more at http://www.omg-facts.com/#deKmBiUKThHWHg2K.99
b4dg3r
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#160 - 2012-08-06 15:22:03 UTC