These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

TY Temnava

Author
Heift
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#1 - 2012-07-16 23:40:51 UTC
NOTE: I'm not very good with words but i'll try to do a write up since nobody has done one yet. If anyone can write something better please do and I will edit this post with it.

Here's the BR for those just looking for it and not a story: http://kb.hardknocksinc.net/index.php/kill_related/2311/

We were on our 12th or 13th anom in static with about 10 of us in tengus/lokis about ready to head back to home for a quick break before we finished up the last 8 sites. One of our scouts reports an activation on one of the WHs in static (I think it was a C4). We wait aligned for the intel to come when he decloaks. "legion, Temnava" comes across mumble and a sigh of aggravation breaks out among the site runners. We quickly ship up to a light defense fleet to watch over the noctis as he finishes the last 2 sites. As he warps to the most recently cleared site, the legion is sitting there uncloaked. Slightly confused we warp the 5 or 6 people we had over to start shooting him. As we land, the scout reports multiple activations on the C4. Deimos goes first followed by a myrm, 2 or 3 guardians, a mega and a few others. The Deimos's anxiousness to pew pew nearly got him killed, sitting at about 15% armor the guardian lands and reps him up. Most people get out with only a drake loss for us. We decide to try and crit the static hole in hopes of them just leaving once seeing the crit hole. A few of us hop in battleships and warp to the static. Everyone does their run and gets out safely except me who still has 28 seconds left on my timer... ****, but luckily the hole went crit on my way out so hopefully they stay on the other side, right?. Spamming the jump button as hard as i could, an anathema lands 50k off the hole and starts burning at the hole with an abso landing about 20k off a few seconds later. My shields hit 10% as I jump through the hole. Not thinking, I forgot to offline my plates so i could align faster but it was too late. Tackled by the anathema and friends, my scorp pops and so does my pod to Pantuf. Unfortunately with their 15 or so man fleet jumping in to our home they did not close the crit hole so we had a battleship aligned to jump in and close the hole behind him when the devoter bubble comes down. Scout reports the bubble coming down and the battleship warps only to have the bubble come right back up. With our fingers crossed, we waited for the battleship to hit the hole which luckily came to the hole at 0. He jumps through and closes the hole and initiates warp to the highsec in that static, WOO HOO we close their whole fleet in our home though some of our members thought it would be a good idea to warp a brutix and a rapier to the hole at 0 with that battleship (/facepalm) so they get popped instantly.

Fast forward about 30 minutes of scanning down the static and forming up of our new brawl fleet. With 3 of us out in k-space rushing back to our home hole through a direct null-sec, our fleet strikes. With one of their ships left alone at the null hole, some of our fleet warps in and snags him. Some minor pew pew occurs but luckily our scout reports Temnava warping their hole fleet in the direction of the null. Madbam has his archon on the null hole to try and crit the hole with a quick pop in and out. As both fleets collide, I am 7 jumps out just itching to get revenge. Unfortunately Madbam doesn't have stront in his carrier and QT brought his bhaalgorn to the field. A few of our armor hacs pop and so does QT's bhaalgorn. Out of sheer dumb luck, this is the reason why most of us died (besides the stront) http://kb.hardknocksinc.net/index.php/kill_detail/2301/ a full rack of amarr jammers whaaaaaat. Ayeson eventually warps his carrier in with a full bay of stront and stabilizes our fleet with my pimped bhaalgorn right behind him. The fight rages on with the tide of battle being turned in our favor. Some ships warp off as our bubbler couldn't reach them though we have most of the fleet pointed. Out of my own stupidity, I failed to put a prop mod on my bhaalgorn so I had to warp out and in a few times to get my webs back on the guadians. As the last of the ships are popping, one of the legions ejects and warps off. Quick with watching my overview I call for a halt on deeps and reps on the empty legion (yay, some sort of payment for QT's bhaalgorn).

Looking at the killboard, it may seem like we lost the isk war. But looking back at all the loot/salvage that dropped (about 750m) and the appropriated legion, I'd say it was about an even fight. Thank you Temnava for an awesome fight and we look forward to more encounters in the future. Also, sorry for the podding Pantuf, I only thought it necessary since you killed my pod :P I guess that makes me your nemesis and vice versa.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2012-07-17 01:17:53 UTC
Confusing. Glad you had a good fight though.
JK Shadow
Center For Kids Who Can't Fly Good
Zoo Landers
#3 - 2012-07-17 02:25:53 UTC
Heift, loved the write-up. We're putting together one as well from our perspective. Will be a day or two as our guy who writes up most of our stuff just moved into a new place and will be getting internet and his computer hooked up tomorrow. Thanks for the awesome fight. Probably one of the best hours I have had in EVE thusfar.
Sir Beighonet
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-07-17 05:34:43 UTC
we have a BR thread, post it there.

and since when does temnava give a gf??
SojournerRover
Explorer Corps
#5 - 2012-07-17 18:47:47 UTC
If the bubble isn't up at time of initiating warp the ship will land at 0. Right through the bubble.

Timing is everything!

[b][u]ROVER[/u] (REDRUM)[/b]

Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#6 - 2012-07-17 19:24:34 UTC
About every night, Obstergo,which is TEMNAVA's US timezone, goes out looking for PvP. This means Dasani, JK, xtrem, Fitz and a couple of the guys suit up in scanners and disperse throughout the holes and out into low/null looking for potential with the fleet on standby until we have targets, or we find an area and just go roaming. The night of the fight was no different. I ran out to grab dinner and the scouts were diggin their heels into wormhole space looking for potential. As I was returning to my apartment with some Subway, I checked my phone to see I had a text:

"Pvp" from JK Shadow (I have his RL name in there, but for the sake of SeCuRiTy)

I hop on comms to hear that our guys found a few people doing some sites or some ****, wasn't paying attention really as I was more concerned with what to bring and how far down the chain I had to go to catch up. I hopped in my trusty Legion (used to be.. heh) and headed toward the fleet who were engaging a couple odds and ends already. I got there in time to snag in on a Rapier who warped right to the hole? No worries, it happens. *PoP*

Noticed these guys were Hard Knocks Inc., who I had seen on the forums and checked their boards, seemed like a solid group of guys. We chatted in local for a few minutes and they seemed chill. We scouted the nullsec K162 in their hole and held on it for about, I don't know, felt like 20 minutes... I was eating Subway, didn't care.

Comms were back and forth, JK had scanned down their static and about 4 holes deep (that's what she said) and we decided that we were going to go on a WH roam instead of low/null roam. Majority won, and we warped to their static and jumped in, warped to the static's static.

"Hey guys, where are you, I'm tackled by a Loki... More ships landing" said Trail Stevens on comms. He said he was on the null, so we told him to jump through, hold cloak and jump back once he broke cloak, so it would buy us time to get back to him, as we were a couple holes down at this point. We land as he was going down and began the escalation. They had some HAC's, an Archon, a Bhaalgorn, Domi, and a couple T3's on the hole. I land first and call Bhaalgorn primary and direct points spread incase they ran. We were going to ensure an escalation.

We initially kept the fleet on the hole incase of "blob". The Archon was not triaging and we were confused, but overheat ensued and Bhaalgorn died. I called for Proteus secondary, not thinking about the Nuet Domi, Dexter landed in the Mega, took over calling and anchor as is the norm. I'm "retired" and backseat normally. He redirected to push the Domi out of the hole or kill it. Domi jumped and I whispered KILL DPS to Dex, so DPS primaries started going down. At some point during this, don't remember, the Archon jumped out and back, criting the hole. Fighters were out and hitting people, so we called for fighters to be broadcasted and killed them. The object was to keep the Falcon on the NON TRIAGING Archon. It worked and they were losing ground.

It is important to note that we were not podding or calling pods on comms. This was a mistake that cost us the field at the end of this fight. Shortly, another Archon landed and triaged. JK called for the fleet to move off the hole, and Dexter set ALL Anchor on him. That was mistake number 2. The call to move off the hole and pull the opponents from their triage was smart, however it would have been lucrative to pull the Logi further in front of our fleet on their own LOGI Anchor. This would have made us more secure since we would have been capitalizing on our Logi's range. Lessons learned.

Dexter then began using "alpha" tactics by calling a primary, then having the everyone lock a secondary, waiting for the Archon to begin reps on the primary then pulling DPS, timing the shot and firing on the secondary via countdown to attempt to drop a target before the Archon could rep it. With the amount of DPS ships available, this only worked on the lower tanked ships, such as HAC's, BC's, and below. The T3's and larger still had tanks that could survive this tactic and they had also brought a Blackbird and an Arazu to the party after killing our Falcon. They were getting jams off on our Logi as more of their lost ships were reshipping to counter our fleet. Another Bhaalgorn. an Armageddon and more T3's landed and they were getting points and webs all over.

After Dexter's Mega was popped we called for anyone not pointed to move off field if they could and Logi to assist where they could. Most of them were pointed at this point and jammed out. I attempted to web down and burn, but since my Legion was more AHAC, AB, dual Web, out running the guys webbing me down was not likely. I spread webs to help the Logi pull away, but unfortunately I was unable to get reps at this point and the Legion was going down. I called for anyone not pointed to scramble safe spots that Fitz had made for us, kept firing on their Phobos to get him to bubble down for reps and afterwhich I ejected to save skillpoints and jet out, not thinking that they would withdraw aggression and save me the lossmail (thanks for that, gents).

Hard Knocks took the field, the loot, and my Legion, but they were a great group of guys about it, "good fights" all over local and honestly it was a hell of a lot of fun. Would fight or fleet with the Hard Knocks guys anytime. Thanks from all of us at Obstergo to you guys for bringing the fight and look forward to more in the future.

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#7 - 2012-07-17 20:31:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayeson
Sir Beighonet wrote:
we have a BR thread, post it there.

and since when does temnava give a gf??

Post with your main fgt

Also, Nice target calling proc, you gave madbam's reps a little bit more than he bargained for at first...made me actually wake up the mommy dragon for a fight...which is always fun :)
Fudge Sinful
Ricoh Innovations
#8 - 2012-07-17 20:44:16 UTC
I came here expecting Kill it With Fire smack about kite fleets; left disappointed.

Also, good fight Temnava, come back again anytime.
Enaria Nightbane
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-07-17 21:02:56 UTC
GF, as I posted in my BR on our own forums

" it was an amazing fight, I lost two ships but would do again... and again; fights like this are why I play EVE."

Looking forward to the next one. :)
Trail Stevens
Deliverance.
Arrival.
#10 - 2012-07-17 21:09:41 UTC
Good Fight, wish you hadn't taken out my afk command legion first though :p
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#11 - 2012-07-17 21:12:36 UTC
Trail Stevens wrote:
Good Fight, wish you hadn't taken out my afk command legion first though :p

Slackass lol

No trolling please

Krekin
Killer Whale Free Navy
Strange Alliance
#12 - 2012-07-17 21:18:08 UTC
Big smile
Didn't make it to this battle, but the guys sure loved the fight (the war stories have been amazing). Kudos on a great battle and your honorable reaction. I hope to be there for the next one! You are a great example for other eve players out there.
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#13 - 2012-07-17 21:29:35 UTC
Krekin wrote:
You are a great example for other eve players out there.

You may have gone too far with that one...
Fudge Sinful
Ricoh Innovations
#14 - 2012-07-17 21:38:07 UTC
Krekin wrote:
You are a terrible example for other eve players out there.

FTFY

Enaria Nightbane
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-07-17 21:39:23 UTC
As an aside, you might not have been trying to POD, but I wish you'd told your drones that, my pod got out of our bubble in structure =D
QT McWhiskers
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#16 - 2012-07-18 09:30:43 UTC
Lost a bhaalghorn, didnt even care. Lol

Fight was damn fun. Got to use my bhaalghorn, Geddon, and oracle all in the same fight.