These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

sistem wide fleet boosters..what!!

Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#61 - 2012-07-16 21:17:14 UTC
Spurty wrote:
Large Collidable Object wrote:
.... and should not permeate POS shields ....


Now this, I agree with 100% .. you want to boost? Need to come out and play.

Favoring CCP Greyscales idea of removing force fields altogether more and more every day






I have to admit, it's starting to grow on me as well.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#62 - 2012-07-16 21:33:07 UTC
Spurty wrote:
Large Collidable Object wrote:
.... and should not permeate POS shields ....


Now this, I agree with 100% .. you want to boost? Need to come out and play.

Favoring CCP Greyscales idea of removing force fields altogether more and more every day






Actually, I thought about incorporating the (very appreciated) fact they're thinking about it in my post, then figured noone would read it if I did because it would grow too long...

(GD - you have to spoon feed-people - so no more than one chain-link of thought at a time).
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#63 - 2012-07-16 21:39:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Soi Mala
As it stands, command ships are pretty powerful. They can rock pretty hefty tanks, and have a nice damage output, which makes them pretty dangerous when in a solo/small gang context. This should not be the case. CCP needs to decide on a role for these, rather than just BC's on steroids.

I don't see why they should have such offensive capabilities, they don't need them in order to do their real job. Command ships are there to provide bonuses, and at the moment they can do so off grid, which is acceptable because they are somewhat vulnerable. If you increase their tank to deal with fleets then they'l be solopwnmobiles, so we need to remove their teeth.
Remove the offensive bonuses, increase survivability via sig/resist/hp bonuses and force them on grid in order to give bonuses, basically turn them into flying bonus bricks.

As it stands now, every (large) fleet will have max skilled boosters, both hidden away in system, so both sides are receiving the same bonuses with no risk of losing them. Kinda makes you wonder whats the point of having them there at all, it just creates an artificial higher level, in the same way the learning skills used to.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#64 - 2012-07-16 21:52:55 UTC
Soi Mala wrote:
As it stands, command ships are pretty powerful. They can rock pretty hefty tanks, and have a nice damage output, which makes them pretty dangerous when in a solo/small gang context. This should not be the case. CCP needs to decide on a role for these, rather than just BC's on steroids.

I don't see why they should have such offensive capabilities, they don't need them in order to do their real job. Command ships are there to provide bonuses, and at the moment they can do so off grid, which is acceptable because they are somewhat vulnerable. If you increase their tank to deal with fleets then they'l be solopwnmobiles, so we need to remove their teeth.
Remove the offensive bonuses, increase survivability via sig/resist/hp bonuses and force them on grid in order to give bonuses, basically turn them into flying bonus bricks.




I'll take the troll-bait.

The issue with off-grid bonus absolutely lies with T3s - higher bonus, smaller sig, more agile, harder to probe and far quicker to train than Fleet CS.


As I take it though, you don't even have the slightest clue about the difference between fleet and field CS (both need a buff except the Sleipnir and Damnation) , so I suggest reading up on some of the basics.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#65 - 2012-07-16 22:05:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Rath Kelbore
Sistem.

Confirmed.

Edit: I'd like to see command ships(t3's) on grid tbh.

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Mr LaForge
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#66 - 2012-07-16 22:29:59 UTC
I hear that off grid and out of system regional boosters are more broken.

Stuff Goes here

Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#67 - 2012-07-16 22:39:24 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Manar Detri wrote:
While i'm dead against boosting affecting ships that are not on grid, i must say that this isn't all that simple. In a world where a subcap fleet can "volley" a carrier, a command ship might have rather hard time :). This ofcourse doesn't mean you can't keep your commands out of enemy fleet range, but on top of this you would need to be able to take the command out of enemy fleet range (that is without it being alphaed while it trots away).


I think the solution would be to simply not allow gang links to operate inside a force field. Off grid boosting can then be countered by an off-grid covops squad hunting it.


In my opinion every single ship that affects a battle should be targetable and killable in that very same battle.
It's just a question of good game design.

You mean, just like Titans cynoing in gank squads all around the map? Oh, wait - you can't really tackle one anyway.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Cpt Arareb
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2012-07-16 22:45:15 UTC
Ziranda Hakuli wrote:
Cpt Arareb wrote:
I bet this subject was already posted 1 billion times for sure, I mean its so stupid and dont make any sense that Im certain a million ppl already complained about it... but here I do my own thread about this completely broken mechanic:

fleet boosters that work sistem wide is dumb and completely against what risk vs reward ccp claims the game to be aboutWhat?

why the heck a command ship or a fleet booster t3 should be isent of taking damage inside a pos shield while at the same time boosting its fleet mates that are scatter all around the sistem, are you kidding meOops

CCP since ur doing a good job rebalancing ships and everything why dont you take a momment to take a look at this, you know it make sense.


I am ashamed my ALT is blue to your corp. your a complete idiot. do you see the ******* general to the front line of combat (unless he is a complete idiot)? Hell No! Maybe you should be instructed in command structure

Combat Squad Member = Look pretty and shoot guns odered by squad commander
Logistic Squad Member = Remote Repair said combat folks
Squad commander = Tell Monkeys in squad what to do
Wing Command = tell half ass monkey pooh tossing Commanders what to do
Fleet commander = Hide in a position to orchestrate and keep track of what going on in system and next door. too busy to on the grid so he hides to do his job.

Now as for the Strategic Cruisers giving out bonuses higher then a command ship is BS!! this needs to be fixed.

personally i think you are just butt hurt over the fact your corp/alliance does not have an awesome offgrid booster. have you considered taking CCP up on the offer they got going on...you know the one "Power of 2" and train up the new alt to be a booster? sheesh i swear you PVP whiners need to be lead by the hand


just so you know, im not butthurt, and we have ppl (one at least) that can t3 boost a fleet. and myself used those boosters many times in fleet and they gave us a edge in some combats. but even myself getting those lovely upgrades I still come here on the forums saying my opinion about them, cause just because I used them, dont mean they start making any sense to me, and so the point of this thread
Rain King
Playing Alone Sucks
#69 - 2012-07-16 23:31:51 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
More often it's blob-on-structure.


Mmmm, I love me some blob-on-structure action...
Mag's
Azn Empire
#70 - 2012-07-17 04:37:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Ranger 1 wrote:
Mag's wrote:
]You still haven't pointed out any whine. I'll wait, no worries. Blink


Since you insist on ignoring points you don't like, couldn't we just skip to the part where you actually justify your stance... 'cause up til now all you've done is basically belch in the thread. If not, the rest of us will just move on around you.
So you can't point them out?

My answer: I think they are fine, because there are counters. Some counters take more effort than others, but then some situations require more effort to begin with.

Now then, back to you pointing out these whines. I wouldn't want people to think you are lying, like I said I'll wait. Big smile

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#71 - 2012-07-17 05:12:12 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Manar Detri wrote:
While i'm dead against boosting affecting ships that are not on grid, i must say that this isn't all that simple. In a world where a subcap fleet can "volley" a carrier, a command ship might have rather hard time :). This ofcourse doesn't mean you can't keep your commands out of enemy fleet range, but on top of this you would need to be able to take the command out of enemy fleet range (that is without it being alphaed while it trots away).


I think the solution would be to simply not allow gang links to operate inside a force field. Off grid boosting can then be countered by an off-grid covops squad hunting it.


In my opinion every single ship that affects a battle should be targetable and killable in that very same battle.
It's just a question of good game design.


True but non POS off grid boosting would extended the battle across the system. Hunter Killer teams to get boosters while main fleets duke out. Then fleets start leaving protection with boosters; so attackers send larger force to attack boosters. Instead of having one cluster **** on grid battle, I'd foresee system wide mobile battles with small to medium skirmishes to compliment the blob on blob warfare.

Take my opinion with grain of salt, I have no large fleet experience; just speculating, correct me where I may be mistaken.

James315 for CSM 8!

Cpt Arareb
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2012-07-17 18:09:20 UTC
bumping one tme maibe ccp will hearBig smile
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
#73 - 2012-07-17 18:47:46 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Shame that on-grid command ships die instantly because of the near total inability of command ships to do their job and actually fit a tank at the same time.


What? Do you fly command ships? I fly them all teh time and manage a huge tank plus 3 links running. That is there job right?

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#74 - 2012-07-17 18:59:30 UTC
Spurty wrote:
Large Collidable Object wrote:
.... and should not permeate POS shields ....


Now this, I agree with 100% .. you want to boost? Need to come out and play.

Favoring CCP Greyscales idea of removing force fields altogether more and more every day

Hell yeah!

But... source?

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Cpt Arareb
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2012-07-18 15:47:57 UTC
I want this to change so here is my last bump, CCP hear us!Smile
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#76 - 2012-07-18 16:06:36 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Spurty wrote:
Large Collidable Object wrote:
.... and should not permeate POS shields ....


Now this, I agree with 100% .. you want to boost? Need to come out and play.

Favoring CCP Greyscales idea of removing force fields altogether more and more every day

Hell yeah!

But... source?


It was something that CCP Greyscale mentioned during his Allaince Tournament guest appearance last weekend.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Cpt Arareb
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#77 - 2012-07-18 20:52:18 UTC
this thread is dead and ccp staff didnt even say something like: we read all this and it make us wondering if we go or not change the way fleet boosters work. Oh well I trieOopsd
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#78 - 2012-07-18 21:02:13 UTC
Abel Merkabah wrote:
True but non POS off grid boosting would extended the battle across the system. Hunter Killer teams to get boosters while main fleets duke out. Then fleets start leaving protection with boosters; so attackers send larger force to attack boosters. Instead of having one cluster **** on grid battle, I'd foresee system wide mobile battles with small to medium skirmishes to compliment the blob on blob warfare.

Take my opinion with grain of salt, I have no large fleet experience; just speculating, correct me where I may be mistaken.

Depends where and who you're fight for what.

Structure-based timer-dictated combat doesn't really work with "skirmishing", either someone is shooting it or someone is repping it.

Or it's reinforced, or it's stronted already.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?