These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ARR! So I want to be a pirate

Author
Gleanerman
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-07-16 12:48:07 UTC
Ok so mining is getting old, I would like to make a mimmitar pirate alt to kill people in amarr space. I would also like to fly a hurricane or cyclone. I don't know where to start tho. Can anyone give me some pointers?
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#2 - 2012-07-16 12:48:42 UTC
The bullets go in the other guy.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#3 - 2012-07-16 12:52:37 UTC
If you seriously want tips, watchlist me in game and convo me next time I'm online. I can offer you plenty of advice, I spend a lot of time giving new players tips.

Fair warning: I don't log on too frequently these days because of IRL responsibilities. If you catch me, ask away.
Cebraio
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-07-16 12:53:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Cebraio
- Use buddy invite and a plex
- Tran Minmatar Frigate
- Train Projectile guns
- Train core skills for fitting
- Train Minmatar Cruiser and Battlecruisers, for the Hurricane and Cyclone
- Train Gunnery skills for more dps
- Join FW
- Obligatory profit!

Also points are cheap on market.
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-07-16 13:00:07 UTC
Gleanerman wrote:
Ok so mining is getting old, I would like to make a mimmitar pirate alt to kill people in amarr space. I would also like to fly a hurricane or cyclone. I don't know where to start tho. Can anyone give me some pointers?

yah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyjBwWcFGe0 have fun
Plutonian
Intransigent
#6 - 2012-07-16 13:04:08 UTC
There is a huge variety of sites (especially Eve blogs) which you can google, all aimed at the beginner pirate.
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#7 - 2012-07-16 13:18:23 UTC
EVE Piracy Guide

There are some good resources available on the web, quick google search shows some for starters

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Vain Eldritch
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-07-16 13:31:23 UTC
**** all this advice... get yer ship, hoist the Jolly Roger, don yer eye patch, get out there and shoot people.

Learn by doing things badly, then do them differently until you get good.

Pirate

Androgynous Caldari Cross-dresser

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-07-16 13:49:36 UTC
Train for Rifter, join RvB. Within a week or two you should know everything you need.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Fidelium Mortis
Minor Major Miners LLC
#10 - 2012-07-16 19:26:20 UTC
First - work out the logistics and cash flow. Things will get lonely real quick in low-sec if you don't have this figured out.

Second - train and specialize in a ship. Personally, I would go for a frigate or AF since once you hit -5 sec status some of the larger ships can be a liability when flying solo - of course having a corp with friends and an intel channel helps immensely here.

Third - get a firm grasp on the game mechanics, in particular session changes, aggression, kill rights and GCC.

ICRS - Intergalactic Certified Rocket Surgeon

Fiona Tsero
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-07-16 20:23:41 UTC
Do you want to be a real pirate or a lowsec thug who pretends to be one?
Luis Graca
#12 - 2012-07-16 20:25:14 UTC
1ยบ Tip: don't say arrrr say yaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Russell Casey
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-07-16 22:05:41 UTC
You don't need an alt. Train up propulsion jamming/combat skills, fit a decent tank on your mining/industrial ships, then go flip cans/bait frigs in lowsec.

Seriously.