These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

A win for the miners

Author
Adder Nardieu
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-07-16 13:08:08 UTC
This is in response to all the kill reports from pirates on mining ops.

I've heard the concept that miner tears are the sweetest. It's true we're normally on the recieving end of things.

But I think griefer tears are pretty tasty.

Backstory: A flipcanner, frustrated that we were highsec mining with an orca, thus no can to flip, makes his own 2 person corp and wardecs us so that theoretically he can have open season. Whatever, if someone wants to waste 50 mil to be a pain in the neck, we just put mining operations on hold, we can do other stuff. Doesn't mean we can't solo mine though.

So I'm in a system with a grav site that I'd scanned down, filling a jetcan with the best 10% ore the system had to offer.....ah man, our wardeccers arrive in system. I abandon the jetcan and get to station where I have a bunch of warp stabs. I figure maybe I can get my hauler to the jetcan but, no, they've found me. So I decide to see how much these guys really want to get me.

I lead them on a wild goose chase for over half an hour around the constellation in a mining fitted vexor. That's how long it took them to figure out their tackling wasn't working, one of them cussed me out on local for that one. Only once they came back with 2 ships fitted with multiple scrams were they able to trap me in a station, but I guess they didn't have enough weapons as I was able to just dock right back up before they even got through my shields. I was hungry anyways, dinner awaited.

1 hour later: I log back in, they've moved on to a different system. Quickly grab my hauler, warp to the grav site....rock on, my jetcan still waiting there untouched.

Me: over 2 mil isk of high quality ore in the hangar, both my mining ship and hauler still intact
Wardeccers: Killmails = 0
Serena Serene
Heretic University
#2 - 2012-07-16 13:54:51 UTC
nice :)

Good example how much fun the criminal elements can bring to the good guys, too ;)
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-07-16 13:55:21 UTC
Adder Nardieu wrote:
This is in response to all the kill reports from pirates on mining ops.

I've heard the concept that miner tears are the sweetest. It's true we're normally on the recieving end of things.

But I think griefer tears are pretty tasty.

Backstory: A flipcanner, frustrated that we were highsec mining with an orca, thus no can to flip, makes his own 2 person corp and wardecs us so that theoretically he can have open season. Whatever, if someone wants to waste 50 mil to be a pain in the neck, we just put mining operations on hold, we can do other stuff. Doesn't mean we can't solo mine though.

So I'm in a system with a grav site that I'd scanned down, filling a jetcan with the best 10% ore the system had to offer.....ah man, our wardeccers arrive in system. I abandon the jetcan and get to station where I have a bunch of warp stabs. I figure maybe I can get my hauler to the jetcan but, no, they've found me. So I decide to see how much these guys really want to get me.

I lead them on a wild goose chase for over half an hour around the constellation in a mining fitted vexor. That's how long it took them to figure out their tackling wasn't working, one of them cussed me out on local for that one. Only once they came back with 2 ships fitted with multiple scrams were they able to trap me in a station, but I guess they didn't have enough weapons as I was able to just dock right back up before they even got through my shields. I was hungry anyways, dinner awaited.

1 hour later: I log back in, they've moved on to a different system. Quickly grab my hauler, warp to the grav site....rock on, my jetcan still waiting there untouched.

Me: over 2 mil isk of high quality ore in the hangar, both my mining ship and hauler still intact
Wardeccers: Killmails = 0

It helps when your aggressors are Morons... I would have switched to a HIC Immediately. but good job evading them.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Serena Serene
Heretic University
#4 - 2012-07-16 14:00:10 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Adder Nardieu wrote:
stuff

It helps when your aggressors are Morons... I would have switched to a HIC Immediately. but good job evading them.

Hehe, well.. there are so many stories about miners being stupid and stubborn and are at fault for not paying attention when they lose their ships..
I think it's nice to have stories about stupid or clumsy aggressors, too.

About the HIC .. afaik that's a T2 ship and maybe they weren't able to fly one. Doesn't excuse trying the same thing fruitlessly for half an hour over and over, though, hehe.
nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-07-17 07:13:17 UTC
i herd a story that involved a hulk and a hurricane, the hulk was tanked to the right standards, shield tank with dc and bulkhead. the hurricane attacked and did not kill him, the hulk pilot then contracted another hurricane to him and said " try again"
Pinky Feldman
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#6 - 2012-07-17 08:22:00 UTC
Good story. Its funny how bad a lot of wannabe wardeccers are. There are so many tricks that would have resulted in your guaranteed death, but apparently these guys don't even know basic war deccing tactics.
Annette Aumer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-07-17 09:34:10 UTC
Huzzah for the good guys!
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#8 - 2012-07-17 14:15:39 UTC
Proper use of WCS...pissing off people who will whine about it in local.

These guys are terrible. Mail me their corp name, I might wardec them for fun.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Suqq Madiq
#9 - 2012-07-17 14:30:52 UTC
Aww, and I came here hoping for an explanation to this killmail. Better luck next time. Sad
CorInaXeraL
The Dresdeneers
#10 - 2012-07-17 15:50:43 UTC
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Aww, and I came here hoping for an explanation to this killmail. Better luck next time. Sad

How...on earth... That looks like it belongs to a story full of either win, or full of stupid.

Phugoid
Absolute Order XL
Absolute Honor
#11 - 2012-07-18 13:39:23 UTC
Nice!....

It feels good to get away every now and then. I've had my share of gank avoidance victories (even got a medal for it) Blink

And also have out run a couple of pirates in lo-sec w my Viator.
Best one was when my tanked Badger Mark 2 survived a gank attempt and got to see concord do their thing .... was good to see their death come slowly.

Anywaz, congrats on a win!

Flugzeugführer

eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-07-18 14:15:16 UTC
sweet

I spend alot of time on these forums ripping into whiney liltte slags, who think CCP should change the whole game to suit their needs. Rather than showing some smarts and playing the game within the currect mechanics.

Meight

Firstly, thanks for a good read.
Secondly, you have shown that with a little intellegence that tables can be turned.
thirdly, thanks for proving me right.
Finally, you just won PvP in a stabbed vexor.

I just hope that your fellow miners have a little read and take your example.

100% props.
eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-07-18 14:28:39 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Proper use of WCS...pissing off people who will whine about it in local.

These guys are terrible. Mail me their corp name, I might wardec them for fun.

meight, if you do.. ping me in game, i'll help fund the dec bill
Pisov viet
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-07-18 16:02:48 UTC
Adder Nardieu wrote:

"A win for the miners"

I'd rather lose.
Zarkk
Invention Services
#15 - 2012-07-19 02:08:26 UTC
A whole 2 mil isk?!?! OMG NO WAYZ!
Adder Nardieu
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-07-19 13:02:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Adder Nardieu
1. 2 mil worth of ore in 20 min of solo mining. I've only been playing for 2 months, that's right, this 2 month character isn't an alt, it's my main. I'm sorry if I can't get a PLEX in just one hour.

2. Even if it's only 2 mill of ore...I'm pretty sure it's a win if you DON'T lose a 2 mil isk hauler and a 10 mil mining ship.

3. I'm pretty sure it's a loss if you spend 30 min chasing a guy with no kill as the rest of his corp is able to go about their merry business during said time while the two were occupied.
eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-07-19 19:38:57 UTC
Adder Nardieu wrote:
1. 2 mil worth of ore in 20 min of solo mining. I've only been playing for 2 months, that's right, this 2 month character isn't an alt, it's my main. I'm sorry if I can't get a PLEX in just one hour.

2. Even if it's only 2 mill of ore...I'm pretty sure it's a win if you DON'T lose a 2 mil isk hauler and a 10 mil mining ship.

3. I'm pretty sure it's a loss if you spend 30 min chasing a guy with no kill as the rest of his corp is able to go about their merry business during said time while the two were occupied.

like i said mate

good work..

the win is in tears
FireT
Venom Pointe Industries
#18 - 2012-07-19 19:58:23 UTC
Suqq Madiq wrote:

I REALLY want to know how that was possible.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#19 - 2012-07-20 04:26:39 UTC
FireT wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:

I REALLY want to know how that was possible.

It's possible because sometimes you just forget that you are in high sec.

Many people have accidentally done this - just not usually while in a Tengu.
Maz3r Rakum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-07-20 19:28:05 UTC
their first mistake was war deccing you, when a cheat gank cat would of done the trick Pirate
12Next page