These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stuck in wormhole space!

First post
Author
Suiki Brindle
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2011-10-10 06:31:16 UTC
Hi,

Currently stuck in wormhole space without a probe :S
Is there any possible way of getting out with my ship without ejecting or self destructing?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-10-10 06:33:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Grideris
Your options are:

Post the ID of the wormhole and hope that someone shows you the way out (or blows you up, one of the two)
Pay someone to come find you and show you out
Use an alt/corp member to find the wormholes and bring you out
Self-destruct your pod (and maybe your ship, but not required)

Basically, you're screwed solo.

Moral of the story? Carry more probes and bookmark every wormhole you go through!

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

Suiki Brindle
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2011-10-10 06:37:49 UTC
J231210

Message me in-game if you're interested in saving me from WH-SPACE :)

Isk'ies inbound ;)
Cherry Nobyl
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2011-10-10 06:51:55 UTC
other than random chance good will from a passerby (uh, yeah, probably not http://eve-kill.net/?a=system_detail&sys_id=6008&view=kills) you have 1 option. are there any pos's in the hole? a c2 with a c2 and a low sec static stands a reasonable chance of being habitated. try to discover who's pos it is, and reaching out with a chat.

wormhole rule #1 : put a probe launcher with several sets of probes on your ship. the sole exception to this rule is you are working in the hole you live in.
Karia Sur
Quay Industries
#5 - 2011-10-10 07:10:01 UTC
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/J231210

not overly busy but neither completely dead like some are.

Why are you stuck, forgot to BM the entrance? entrance closed?
Suiki Brindle
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2011-10-10 07:18:30 UTC
The entrance collapsed... It said it hadn't even started to decay yet :( so I went in to salvage the stuff I killed quickly and got stuck.
Karia Sur
Quay Industries
#7 - 2011-10-10 07:26:38 UTC
should have stuck a probe launcher on your noctis/hauler, certainly your own fault for going in without 1, losing a ship/probes once in there is understandable and a valid reason for been stuck, your reason isnt.

Check for any POS in there. Keep checking dscan for any 'visitors'. Keep stroking your lucky black cat.
Durzel
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#8 - 2011-10-10 09:20:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Durzel
If it's any consolation you're not the first person who has been caught by this. There's definitely something not quite right with wormhole expiry times but I'm unsure whether it's intended behaviour or a bug.

For example, I've jumped through quite a few wormholes that have been "reaching end of natural lifetime" on one side and "beginning to decay, and probably won't last another day" on the other side. If you were on the wrong side of it you'd end up looking at a wormhole that would just disappear without warning.
Zendon Taredi
Tier Four Technologies
#9 - 2011-10-10 09:46:49 UTC
wh occupants are probably not going to let you leave with a salv-filled noctis.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#10 - 2011-10-10 09:57:18 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
Durzel wrote:
If it's any consolation you're not the first person who has been caught by this. There's definitely something not quite right with wormhole expiry times but I'm unsure whether it's intended behaviour or a bug.

For example, I've jumped through quite a few wormholes that have been "reaching end of natural lifetime" on one side and "beginning to decay, and probably won't last another day" on the other side. If you were on the wrong side of it you'd end up looking at a wormhole that would just disappear without warning.

It's possible corp inside collapsed it while he was ratting. No-one is going to be able to rescue him from outside except by an amazing stroke of luck. (more chance of winning X-lotto)

Internal hail in local maybe only chance or contact POS owner for a scan inside for you.

But yeah. Never do a WH without cloaky scanning alt or scan gear on yer boat.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Written Word
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-10-10 10:05:43 UTC
Petition under stuck. Probably a 50/50 chance you'll get moved back to safety
Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-10-10 10:19:25 UTC
As it happens I just logged off in J231210. I should be on again a bit later in the afternoon. Send me 500 mill ISK and an eve-mail and I'll either a) Contract a BM to an alt of yours; or b) fleet you and warp you to the exit. Your choice, but either way the fee is 500 mill. HTH

Apollo Gabriel
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan
#13 - 2011-10-10 11:56:03 UTC
I know many who've been stuck and gotten out by chatting in local, who knows
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Charles Lee Ray
Liberty Prime Enterprises
#14 - 2011-10-10 13:01:02 UTC
I would be careful with the chatting in local idea. They could set a trap for you and grab themselves a kill. Not discouraging escape, but you should just weigh your options as self destructing may save you from being on a kill mail.
Tahna Rouspel
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2011-10-10 13:26:45 UTC
Not everyone will destroy you or ask a ransom. If I'm by myself and someone asks for help, I'll help them with no charge.

Making a friend can be more valuable than a random.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2011-10-10 15:44:04 UTC
Hello Suiki Brindle,

You just encountered one of the dangers of Wormhole space: Not being able to leave it without risking a loss!

Now you have several options. You could use the quick and painful/expensive way of selfdestructing your pod. That would bring you back to the known space swiftly, but it would cost you your ship, clone and all the implants/hardwires it had.

Or you can actively search for help of locals in that wormhole. The best thing that could happen is that they will help you and you get out without a scratch. Or they can just jump you and kill you. But that is no greater loss to the previous option you had.

Or you can try to organize a rescue, for example on the forums. Of course there is no guarantee at all that you will get what you are looking/paying for.

If I were you, then I would try asking around first, since the alternative is losing your pod anyway.

The choice is yours!

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Cherry Nobyl
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2011-10-10 18:13:44 UTC
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
As it happens I just logged off in J231210. I should be on again a bit later in the afternoon. Send me 500 mill ISK and an eve-mail and I'll either a) Contract a BM to an alt of yours; or b) fleet you and warp you to the exit. Your choice, but either way the fee is 500 mill. HTH

the legitimacy of this fills my nostrils with the scent of unquestionability.
Ingvar Angst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#18 - 2011-10-10 18:22:04 UTC
Written Word wrote:
Petition under stuck. Probably a 50/50 chance you'll get moved back to safety

Nah, he isn't stuck.

Just hopelessly lost due to his own carelessness.

Basically, find the locals and hope their friendly. You will likely need to jettison the salvage you stole from their hole.

Six months in the hole... it changes a man.