These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Video] Rebirth 4 (Empire PVP)

First post
Author
FreshClip
Tax On Happyness
#321 - 2012-07-14 07:38:22 UTC
Posting in an epic thread.

As someone who has a long history of high-sec pvp i can attest to the fact that it's about as fun to watch as catching aids.

After the 1st fight i skipped through to the end. Also the editing is very messy IMO.

Nice job kicking up a sh*t storm to attract views though, good sir.

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ

[u]My Blog:[/u] http://freshclipmedia.blogspot.co.uk/

[u]My youtube channel:[/u] http://www.youtube.com/user/FreshClipMedia

BBQ FTW
The Hatchery
#322 - 2012-07-14 07:51:43 UTC  |  Edited by: BBQ FTW
For those of you who doubt that Empire pvpers are cunning strategists, I invite you to read this thread:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=272282

From the grandmaster of Empire pvp himself, a certain Mr. Kai86 of Rebirth.:
Quote:
those scores are after 2 weeks of war where we fought all 3 on their terms while outnumbered and grouped together because if we did not they would dock and log out for the evening. Knowing that we like good fights, we have spread ourselves out a little bit more than usual. We recently had a spy implanted into us from ADOPT who's goal was to kill the 100 percent efficiency we had VS ADOPT. He did this by losing a ship on the 4-4 undock and then losing a corpies' as well because of lack or rep/help during that fight. They used this underhanded tactic to get back at us because we dropped them like a bad habit. After the loss we were all feeling a bit ticked off that they would stoop that low so we decided to do the same.

We implanted one of our alts with the sole intent on losing ships under the ADOPT flag to right the wrong that they made. Once he was in, he immediately lost a Megathron Navy Issue x2 and a Navy Geddon. We were going to do machariels out of spite but it would have been too obvious.

You can only marvel in shocked silence upon reading about this maneuver -- who else could come up with the idea of intentionally suiciding expensive ships under your enemy's corp ticker to drop their efficiency?

Brilliant.
Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#323 - 2012-07-14 09:23:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Gibbo3771
OP talks about HAC's and how easy they are to fly.

He claims there is skill, sitting @ zero m/s on an undock that is 40+km in every direction, he hits turns on his hardners and then targets and puts on his guns. Moves over to his other 3 screens and staggers reps on himself. Cant tank it, overheat reps to see, cant tank it, deaggro and say GF in local, proceed to stay docked until more RR is available.

This is about as complicated as it gets.

You engage 10 man gang on gate with your single cynabal, you have to keep range at first and pick a target that is seperating off the gang, get rid of a fast tackler or make sure rapier/falcon are not cloaked nearby before you commit to point range. Then you have to proceed to shoot this said target, while watching out for ecm drones, falcon, rapier and any new targets landing on grid like a ceptor/AF. You have to stay out of scram range which is less than 11km away, 15 if your overheating your point.

Doing all this while maintaining range and the rest of his gang.

Your target is now dead, you are low on shield and you need to get out before the camp gets bigger. Oh **** cant dock, have to fight your way out.

Confirming this all sounds so very easy.

I dont even know why I am posting in this thread anymore.

The OP is an idiot, the video is terrible and its basically 10+pages of him multi-quoting people trying to prove a point he doesn't understand. Not a single person in this thread but him has backed up his "Highsec pvp is risky, even with 4 neutral RR".

Complete, idiot.
weedmasta
The Blame Demetri Society
The Blame Demetri Association
#324 - 2012-07-14 09:44:29 UTC
5 Guardians in a 16 man gang...you guys are crap tbh Straight
Hardin
Imperial Dreams
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#325 - 2012-07-14 11:44:43 UTC
BBQ FTW wrote:
For those of you who doubt that Empire pvpers are cunning strategists, I invite you to read this thread:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=272282

From the grandmaster of Empire pvp himself, a certain Mr. Kai86 of Rebirth.:
Quote:
those scores are after 2 weeks of war where we fought all 3 on their terms while outnumbered and grouped together because if we did not they would dock and log out for the evening. Knowing that we like good fights, we have spread ourselves out a little bit more than usual. We recently had a spy implanted into us from ADOPT who's goal was to kill the 100 percent efficiency we had VS ADOPT. He did this by losing a ship on the 4-4 undock and then losing a corpies' as well because of lack or rep/help during that fight. They used this underhanded tactic to get back at us because we dropped them like a bad habit. After the loss we were all feeling a bit ticked off that they would stoop that low so we decided to do the same.

We implanted one of our alts with the sole intent on losing ships under the ADOPT flag to right the wrong that they made. Once he was in, he immediately lost a Megathron Navy Issue x2 and a Navy Geddon. We were going to do machariels out of spite but it would have been too obvious.

You can only marvel in shocked silence upon reading about this maneuver -- who else could come up with the idea of intentionally suiciding expensive ships under your enemy's corp ticker to drop their efficiency?

Brilliant.


Brilliant - simply brilliant!

Amarr Victor

ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
Dead Terrorists
#326 - 2012-07-14 12:27:12 UTC  |  Edited by: ArmyOfMe
NightmareX wrote:

Not from the risk free 0.0 space carebear heaven no, but from the 80+% that are living in empire, then most or many will agree or support me.
well i live in empire these days and so does my corp, and none of us agree with you. Neither does any other high sec pvpers i know. So i call bullsh1t on your claim

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
Dead Terrorists
#327 - 2012-07-14 12:43:23 UTC
The worst thing is that a lot of ppl here think your a troll, but since i know who you are in rl, i know for a fact that you really are this dumb

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#328 - 2012-07-14 13:18:39 UTC
weedmasta wrote:
5 Guardians in a 16 man gang...you guys are crap tbh Straight

You need to bring a Guardian or ECM ship for every DPS ship the enemy brings, because that is just how you minimize risk!

There's basically nothing that can go wrong in the videos posted. Highsec affords the ability to get perfect intel, so if you don't know (minimum) how many enemy there are and exactly who they are you're very bad at the game. You have more Guardians than you need, so even if 1/2 get jammed you can still get in the dock, and if it is in anyway risky the guardians can just dock/undock and cycle their reps on you before being jammed again.

There's something to be said that this video is the perfect demonstration of how to remove all the risk from your PVP, but if that is meant to be entertaining you're quite mistaken.

You're good at what you do, but what you do is engage in a form of PVP that is * almost* completely risk free and has a very low entry requirement for pilot skills. There's not much refinement or improvement on "sit still, shoot weapons" -- your "ability" to fight outnumbered is simply because a large amount of your numbers are logistics.

Nothing to beat your chest over, really.

Honestly, the only reason an organisation like yours gets kills this way against other PVP groups is because the enemy are either bad at sizing up their chances, or they simply don't know how many non-WT people are going to start repping you. Oh, and random haulers/mission ships undocking from Jita, which is most of your kills.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Shigsy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#329 - 2012-07-14 14:20:21 UTC
Didn't watch video, but would read thread again.

A+ retardation
DARKSTAR POWNYOUALL
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#330 - 2012-07-14 14:27:18 UTC  |  Edited by: DARKSTAR POWNYOUALL
HOW DOES THIS GUY EVEN HAVE A SINGLE LOSSMAIL??? THERES PEOPLE OUT THERE TAKING ON 20 MAN GANGS IN NULL SOLO, KILLING NEARLY EVERYTHING AND MAKING IT OUT ALIVE... IF YOU ARE STILL GENERATING LOSSMAILS WITH 3 PERSONAL REP ALTS IN HIGH SEC, THAT YOU USE EVERY SINGLE FIGHT, THEN YOU TRULY ARE A BAD
NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#331 - 2012-07-14 14:27:27 UTC
Mirrodin wrote:
Came from Reddit expecting complete fail. Left satisfied.

You sir, don't know what you're doing. I hope your Corp/Alliance boots you for giving them such a terrible reputation all of a sudden.


Awwww you are so cute. But i'm afraid that will never happen.

Tertiacero wrote:
You really know you're **** at pvp when every imaginable aspect of it could be improved by simply running incursions for a few weeks


LOL, look at all of the l33t PL guys here talking like they are pro at EVE. I think you rather need a hug. Because PL is **** at PVP. PL is only good when they have enough Super Carriers and Titans.

Holy8th wrote:
Oh dear god, please tell me this thread is a massive troll.Roll This actually made me laugh quite a bit.

On to the pvp vid. Nice editing, well done, although the fights were lackluster at the most. Looks like each fight had multiple neutral rr on the field, which tends to make a fight boring to watch. Sorry bud, but 0 risk highsec pvp with neutral gaurdians isnt the kind of thing that people want to see in a video, expecially those who are new to the game, and trying to see what pvp is like. Without the Neutral reps and a decent fight, then it wouldve actually looked good.

Just pressing F1-F3 and sitting on station doesent cut it on the excitement factor that a pvp video is supposed to bring. Try taking the fight off of the station, and off of a gate and that may show a lot more action and excitement. I wouldve preferred watching ONE very good fight, then looking at all this riskless pvp with neutral rep on station/gate. Sorry if you actually did this in the video but i started to skim it after the first couple of fights as it was REALLY boring >.>

On another note, good ol reddit supplying links to delusional derpage, happy to see I wasent disappointed.


Again, you are a 0.0 space fanboi. So you shouldn't really talk in here.

And i did explain really well on why there ALWAYS are high risks by PVPing in trade hubs in empire here. You should rather come to empire and do PVP here before you claim it's risk free.

Ohh Yeah wrote:
You constantly post about how risky it is because things can go wrong (Oh no, 2 of my 4 neutral RR are jammed and need to dock and undock to get reps back up)

Please post videos where all 4 of your RR get jammed and you dock in 10% structure, or get into a DPS race where you are trying to whittle down incoming DPS in order to survive.

Make the videos interesting. Don't say "BUT THERE'S SO MUCH RISK INVOLVED" (which I contend there is not), but instead post videos where **** hits the fan and you show your pr0 piloting abilities to bail yourself out.

I could post a video of me rubbing peanut butter all over my body (Cool) and argue "Holy **** I've never been exposed to that before, I could have been allergic and died". That was a bad analogy and would still make an interesting video by itself, but you get the point.


Hi PL. Go blob some newbs in some carriers with your massive Super Carrier and Titan blob. You 0.0 space guys are to dumb to understand empire.

Male Duckface wrote:
Just found out that this guy exists. What an amazing thread. Never leaving docking range of a station is easily the lowest form of PVP. You should look into World of Warcraft dude I think it's a bit more your speed.

EDIT: How have ancillary shield boosters changed your little world of hisec station games?


I have tried WoW if you wonder. But, it was a really really bad game i'm afraid.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#332 - 2012-07-14 14:41:59 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
FreshClip wrote:
Posting in an epic thread.

As someone who has a long history of high-sec pvp i can attest to the fact that it's about as fun to watch as catching aids.

After the 1st fight i skipped through to the end. Also the editing is very messy IMO.

Nice job kicking up a sh*t storm to attract views though, good sir.

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ


Was this something you did like 4-5 years ago?

If that's the case, then lolLol, you shouldn't really speak here then.

BBQ FTW wrote:
For those of you who doubt that Empire pvpers are cunning strategists, I invite you to read this thread:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=272282

From the grandmaster of Empire pvp himself, a certain Mr. Kai86 of Rebirth.:
Quote:
those scores are after 2 weeks of war where we fought all 3 on their terms while outnumbered and grouped together because if we did not they would dock and log out for the evening. Knowing that we like good fights, we have spread ourselves out a little bit more than usual. We recently had a spy implanted into us from ADOPT who's goal was to kill the 100 percent efficiency we had VS ADOPT. He did this by losing a ship on the 4-4 undock and then losing a corpies' as well because of lack or rep/help during that fight. They used this underhanded tactic to get back at us because we dropped them like a bad habit. After the loss we were all feeling a bit ticked off that they would stoop that low so we decided to do the same.

We implanted one of our alts with the sole intent on losing ships under the ADOPT flag to right the wrong that they made. Once he was in, he immediately lost a Megathron Navy Issue x2 and a Navy Geddon. We were going to do machariels out of spite but it would have been too obvious.

You can only marvel in shocked silence upon reading about this maneuver -- who else could come up with the idea of intentionally suiciding expensive ships under your enemy's corp ticker to drop their efficiency?

Brilliant.


Sure it's brilliant. But to bad, that happened almost a year ago. And if you look more closely in that topic, you will actually find a reply from me there where i make fun of Kai86 and Rebirth for doing it.

Gibbo3771 wrote:
OP talks about HAC's and how easy they are to fly.

He claims there is skill, sitting @ zero m/s on an undock that is 40+km in every direction, he hits turns on his hardners and then targets and puts on his guns. Moves over to his other 3 screens and staggers reps on himself. Cant tank it, overheat reps to see, cant tank it, deaggro and say GF in local, proceed to stay docked until more RR is available.

This is about as complicated as it gets.

You engage 10 man gang on gate with your single cynabal, you have to keep range at first and pick a target that is seperating off the gang, get rid of a fast tackler or make sure rapier/falcon are not cloaked nearby before you commit to point range. Then you have to proceed to shoot this said target, while watching out for ecm drones, falcon, rapier and any new targets landing on grid like a ceptor/AF. You have to stay out of scram range which is less than 11km away, 15 if your overheating your point.

Doing all this while maintaining range and the rest of his gang.

Your target is now dead, you are low on shield and you need to get out before the camp gets bigger. Oh **** cant dock, have to fight your way out.

Confirming this all sounds so very easy.

I dont even know why I am posting in this thread anymore.

The OP is an idiot, the video is terrible and its basically 10+pages of him multi-quoting people trying to prove a point he doesn't understand. Not a single person in this thread but him has backed up his "Highsec pvp is risky, even with 4 neutral RR".

Complete, idiot.


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1622674#post1622674

This is why it's very dangerous to just start a fight in Jita or Rens or whatever trade hub there is in EVE. No matter how you looks at my movie, there is ALWAYS high risks of something like i write in my link here to happen in the middle of the fights.

In 0.0 space, it's the same to when it comes to Cyno Jumping ships into a fight via a Titan for example. So no matter how you looks at it, the risks is everywhere all the time.

So can you please stop claiming that there is no risks in my movie?

Because there is high risks in my movie all the time except for one fight where the Myrmidon was used.

weedmasta wrote:
5 Guardians in a 16 man gang...you guys are crap tbh Straight


No, we are just better than you at PVP. And we also use 1x Guardian for each Vindicator we have in our fleet to. So if we have 12x Vindicators in our fleet, then we will have at least 12x Guardians with us.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

Meridith Akesia
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#333 - 2012-07-14 14:43:31 UTC
Mirrodin wrote:
Came from Reddit expecting complete fail. Left satisfied.

You sir, don't know what you're doing. I hope your Corp/Alliance boots you for giving them such a terrible reputation all of a sudden.


Wont happen, because the rest of his alliance is on par with NightmareX.
NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#334 - 2012-07-14 14:49:09 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
ArmyOfMe wrote:
NightmareX wrote:

Not from the risk free 0.0 space carebear heaven no, but from the 80+% that are living in empire, then most or many will agree or support me.
well i live in empire these days and so does my corp, and none of us agree with you. Neither does any other high sec pvpers i know. So i call bullsh1t on your claim


I said most of those who are living in empire. The corp you are in are very small. So it doesn't really help your case much anyways.

ArmyOfMe wrote:
The worst thing is that a lot of ppl here think your a troll, but since i know who you are in rl, i know for a fact that you really are this dumb


Excuses excuses. You don't know me at all in RL. In EVE yeah maybe you knows a little, but how i'am in EVE doesn't say anything about how i'am in RL.

Khanh'rhh wrote:
weedmasta wrote:
5 Guardians in a 16 man gang...you guys are crap tbh Straight

You need to bring a Guardian or ECM ship for every DPS ship the enemy brings, because that is just how you minimize risk!

There's basically nothing that can go wrong in the videos posted. Highsec affords the ability to get perfect intel, so if you don't know (minimum) how many enemy there are and exactly who they are you're very bad at the game. You have more Guardians than you need, so even if 1/2 get jammed you can still get in the dock, and if it is in anyway risky the guardians can just dock/undock and cycle their reps on you before being jammed again.

There's something to be said that this video is the perfect demonstration of how to remove all the risk from your PVP, but if that is meant to be entertaining you're quite mistaken.

You're good at what you do, but what you do is engage in a form of PVP that is * almost* completely risk free and has a very low entry requirement for pilot skills. There's not much refinement or improvement on "sit still, shoot weapons" -- your "ability" to fight outnumbered is simply because a large amount of your numbers are logistics.

Nothing to beat your chest over, really.

Honestly, the only reason an organisation like yours gets kills this way against other PVP groups is because the enemy are either bad at sizing up their chances, or they simply don't know how many non-WT people are going to start repping you. Oh, and random haulers/mission ships undocking from Jita, which is most of your kills.


Nothing that can go wrong in the video?

Have you actually watched the movie?

So you mean there was no risks of dying in the Paladin and Kronos fight against those 2x Vindicators?

And we didn't lose ships in the low sec fight either?

Ofc it's risks everywhere except for one fight i mentioned over in my earlier post.

Again, how stupid do i have to prove to everyone that you really are by saying that there is no risks in what we do when i have to link you this for the 3rd time?: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1622674#post1622674

Either you are a complete newb or you are dumb as **** Lol

Oh, so you think you are not killing haulers and newbs in missions ships in 0.0 space?

In fact, the only thing you kills in 0.0 space are rats and carebears.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#335 - 2012-07-14 14:53:17 UTC
Meridith Akesia wrote:
Mirrodin wrote:
Came from Reddit expecting complete fail. Left satisfied.

You sir, don't know what you're doing. I hope your Corp/Alliance boots you for giving them such a terrible reputation all of a sudden.


Wont happen, because the rest of his alliance is on par with NightmareX.


Meridith Akesia
Stimulus
Rote KapelleLol

Now THAT's a carebear alliance. So you shouldn't really talk about what alliances that are bad.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#336 - 2012-07-14 15:21:15 UTC
Pretty bored of this thread and the OP.

OP is blind, hes right and every other single person in this thread is wrong.

Your ******* pathetic.

Last post me thinks, enjoy your shitfest "pvp" and risk-less engagements m8, gfgfgf
Dante Fachis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#337 - 2012-07-14 15:26:49 UTC
this thread is enjoyable, although I'm not gonna lie, I'm a noob and don't necessarily get some things. but I enjoy reading stuff like this because there's always something educational.

I'm always impressed at the ability of people to extract information from these Eve videos, they just look like confetti to me. So, exposing myself as ignorant of basic war mechanics, you guys keep talking about neutral remote repping.

does that mean if I'm in a fight with nightmareX, I can't shoot his reppers because they're neutral? that would get concord on my ass?

but I can still theoretically jam them (as described under 'potential risks' of this strategy)?
NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#338 - 2012-07-14 15:27:07 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Pretty bored of this thread and the OP.

OP is blind, hes right and every other single person in this thread is wrong.

Your ******* pathetic.

Last post me thinks, enjoy your shitfest "pvp" and risk-less engagements m8, gfgfgf


I'm not saying i'm right on everything, i'm just trying to explain why there is ALWAYS risks in what we are doing.

Oh, you can just go and enjoy your gay blobbing in 0.0 space instead.

We in empire have lag free environments, no gay blobbing, no gay capital ships, no useless titans. We have no Sov to take care of, we have it very good here in empire. And still, we do it better in PVP than most big blob alliances in EVE do in PVP.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#339 - 2012-07-14 15:30:46 UTC
Dante Fachis wrote:
this thread is enjoyable, although I'm not gonna lie, I'm a noob and don't necessarily get some things. but I enjoy reading stuff like this because there's always something educational.

I'm always impressed at the ability of people to extract information from these Eve videos, they just look like confetti to me. So, exposing myself as ignorant of basic war mechanics, you guys keep talking about neutral remote repping.

does that mean if I'm in a fight with nightmareX, I can't shoot his reppers because they're neutral? that would get concord on my ass?

but I can still theoretically jam them (as described under 'potential risks' of this strategy)?


If you are in a war with us and we bring a fight with neutral logistics. Then the neutral reppers (that we have) that starts to rep us, then they will turn red to you. And you can shoot them.

And when they are red to you then, then you can jam them as much as you like.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

Prozacxx
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#340 - 2012-07-14 15:32:09 UTC
Dont u have like 600 kills?

From 2004?

I say u not make good on pvp lol