These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Video] Rebirth 4 (Empire PVP)

First post
Author
NightmareX
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#281 - 2012-07-13 22:19:47 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Khanh'rhh wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Also, why do you think nano ships are the exclusive domain of low and highsec?

The reason you're not using them yourself is simply because buffer+logi+docking ring = always safe.

You call "nanofaggotry" risk free, yet seem oblivious to the fact your own style embodies much, much less risk. Exactly what does a nano ship do when its hit with a scram?

I call nano gang for risk free when you call empire PVP for risk free.

In a nano fleet, you have your MWD and warp button to escape while we have a 1 minute docking / jumping timer to escape. What's more dangerous?

How fast does a nano ship go scrammed, typically?

More importantly, how much slower does it go than it's opponent when nano ships lack the mids for scrams and webs themselves, and so can't hard tackle back?

With 150k+ EHP against 3-4k DPS and logistics there is never a risk you can't deaggro.

If you get scrambled in a nano ship, your ********. Sorry for saying that. But a nano ship should NEVER EVER get into scram range to anyone.

Web + scram = death sentence for a nano ship.

And worser is it if you can't even tackle your enemies lol Lol

Do you actually do PVP at all?

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

Denarus Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#282 - 2012-07-13 22:23:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Denarus Arran
NightmareX wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
I'm pretty good at forum PVP when you consider that you have like 10+ players from the same alliance as you and still you haven't wonngle argument RollShockedLol.

There's not a single person in a 13 page thread that supports you.

That's a very clear and present sign you fail to impart your argument onto anyone.

We can see that as being very bad at "forum PVP" - ranting and claiming you are right just attracts an even larger group of people who think you need help.

Not from the risk free 0.0 space carebear heaven no, but from the 80+% that are living in empire, then most or many will agree or support me.

Again, you speak for a tiny little population in 0.0 space.

How many times have you pvp'ed in 0.0? How long have you lived in 0.0?
Are you just assuming these things?

PEWPEWPEW

NightmareX
#283 - 2012-07-13 22:32:21 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Denarus Arran wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
I'm pretty good at forum PVP when you consider that you have like 10+ players from the same alliance as you and still you haven't wonngle argument RollShockedLol.

There's not a single person in a 13 page thread that supports you.

That's a very clear and present sign you fail to impart your argument onto anyone.

We can see that as being very bad at "forum PVP" - ranting and claiming you are right just attracts an even larger group of people who think you need help.

Not from the risk free 0.0 space carebear heaven no, but from the 80+% that are living in empire, then most or many will agree or support me.

Again, you speak for a tiny little population in 0.0 space.

How many times have you pvp'ed in 0.0? How long have you lived in 0.0?
Are you just assuming these things?

I'm ex-Fountain Alliance, ex-The Five, ex-Lotka Volterra, ex-Triumvirate., ex-Insurgency, ex-Curse Alliance v2.0, ex-The Church, ex-Anarchy Empire, ex-IT Alliance and ex-Nulli Secunda. So yeah, i have been in 0.0 space for at least 4 years since i started in 2004.

So i do know exactly how 0.0 space is.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#284 - 2012-07-13 22:48:04 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
If you get scrambled in a nano ship, your ********. Sorry for saying that. But a nano ship should NEVER EVER get into scram range to anyone.

Indeed. So, 2 points following this

1) What do you do when a Rapier decloaks near you?

2) It's interesting how you say that, because as we all know it takes quite a bit of skill to stay out of scram range of more than one opponent. In fact, it is nigh on impossible if there's more than about 3 scrams on the field.

So I ask: - given "nanofaggots" have to do a lot of work to minimize risk to their ship (and it remains high regardless) what skills do you need, pilot skills, to sit stationary and shoot other stationary targets?

What inputs as a player do you do that makes your victory or survival more likely? What are some common mistakes?

In the vids you have shown I could sit my 5 year old niece at the computer and relay instructions on what to do quite easily.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

NightmareX
#285 - 2012-07-13 22:52:34 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Khanh'rhh wrote:
NightmareX wrote:

Indeed. So, 2 points following this

1) What do you do when a Rapier decloaks near you?

2) It's interesting how you say that, because as we all know it takes quite a bit of skill to stay out of scram range of more than one opponent. In fact, it is nigh on impossible if there's more than about 3 scrams on the field.

So I ask: - given "nanofaggots" have to do a lot of work to minimize risk to their ship (and it remains high regardless) what skills do you need, pilot skills, to sit stationary and shoot other stationary targets?

What inputs as a player do you do that makes your victory or survival more likely? What are some common mistakes?

In the vids you have shown I could sit my 5 year old niece at the computer and relay instructions on what to do quite easily.

It might be hard sometimes to fly HAC's as it is with Battleships to. But it's much more risk free and easy to just disengage, MWD out of the enemies range and warp out with a nano HAC if the fight doesn't go your way than it is to fight the 1 minute timer at a station or gate with Battleships.

EDIT: To answer your number 1 there. I would primary the Rapier ASAP with all of the HAC's we have and kill it fastest possible. Again, webs = Nano HAC's worst nightmare.

Johnny Rook
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#286 - 2012-07-13 23:00:12 UTC
I think the skills displayed in this vid would translate really well to mission running and I don't think it would be too much of a step up that you couldn't make it.
NightmareX
#287 - 2012-07-13 23:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Johnny Rook wrote:
I think the skills displayed in this vid would translate really well to mission running and I don't think it would be too much of a step up that you couldn't make it.

It seems to me that you have quite alot of good experience in doing missions.

No wonder why you don't know much about empire PVP bro.

Johnny Rook
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#288 - 2012-07-13 23:12:04 UTC
i'm trying to help you. You could make like 60mil an hour.
NightmareX
#289 - 2012-07-13 23:15:12 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Johnny Rook wrote:

Good for you Big smile

But damn, 15 pages already on my topic. You guys really want this movie on the first page of the 'My EVE' forum section i see. Now that's fantastic.

Johnny Rook
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#290 - 2012-07-13 23:20:34 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
Johnny Rook wrote:

Good for you Big smile

But damn, 15 pages already on my topic. You guys really want this movie on the first page of the 'My EVE' forum section i see. Now that's fantastic.

c'mon man, I know it's scary but some missions even have a station in so you won't feel too out of your comfort zone.
NightmareX
#291 - 2012-07-13 23:23:32 UTC
Johnny Rook wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
Johnny Rook wrote:

Good for you Big smile

c'mon man, I know it's scary but some missions even have a station in so you won't feel too out of your comfort zone.

Meh, i'll do market PVP instead then.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#292 - 2012-07-13 23:30:39 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
But it's much more risk free and easy to just disengage, MWD out of the enemies range and warp out with a nano HAC if the fight doesn't go your way than it is to fight the 1 minute timer at a station or gate with Battleships

It's not, since your logic doesn't translate. If the fight isn't going your way and you're scrammed there is no means of escape.

Just a few situations that can go wrong trying to kite:

- Slingshot landing on you
- Rapier (even if it only webs you for 5 seconds, that will be long enough to get scrammed)
- Other people landing with good warpins, and scrams
- A 2 day old hero Rifter, landing a scram and web (by the time you lock him back, the guy you were kiting got into his scram range)
- A tiny bit of lag making your range to target inaccurate
- The other guy jumping a link alt into the system and suddenly he's catching you

Things that can feasibly stop you docking at 4-4 in the videos seen:
- The enemy fleet suddenly getting 3x larger, and you having no warning on watchlists
- An orca undocks and you use it's fitting service to remove your plates before trying to ride out the aggro timer.

There is almost no risk at all doing this (and more importantly, that risk can be controlled as third parties can't get involved in damaging your ship, you can always perform a risk assessment).

You can de-aggro a Vindy with 3 guardians + LG slaves on it whilst being shot by 6-8k DPS ..there's no realistic risk.

You can keep telling me how you can avoid losses in lowsec, but the point is it takes actual skill to pull off, whereas sitting perfectly still takes no skill whatsoever.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

NightmareX
#293 - 2012-07-13 23:38:21 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Khanh'rhh wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
But it's much more risk free and easy to just disengage, MWD out of the enemies range and warp out with a nano HAC if the fight doesn't go your way than it is to fight the 1 minute timer at a station or gate with Battleships

It's not, since your logic doesn't translate. If the fight isn't going your way and you're scrammed there is no means of escape.

Just a few situations that can go wrong trying to kite:

- Slingshot landing on you
- Rapier (even if it only webs you for 5 seconds, that will be long enough to get scrammed)
- Other people landing with good warpins, and scrams
- A 2 day old hero Rifter, landing a scram and web (by the time you lock him back, the guy you were kiting got into his scram range)
- A tiny bit of lag making your range to target inaccurate
- The other guy jumping a link alt into the system and suddenly he's catching you

Things that can feasibly stop you docking at 4-4 in the videos seen:
- The enemy fleet suddenly getting 3x larger, and you having no warning on watchlists
- An orca undocks and you use it's fitting service to remove your plates before trying to ride out the aggro timer.

There is almost no risk at all doing this (and more importantly, that risk can be controlled as third parties can't get involved in damaging your ship, you can always perform a risk assessment).

You can de-aggro a Vindy with 3 guardians + LG slaves on it whilst being shot by 6-8k DPS ..there's no realistic risk.

You can keep telling me how you can avoid losses in lowsec, but the point is it takes actual skill to pull off, whereas sitting perfectly still takes no skill whatsoever.

Just because you have to manouver with a HAC doesn't make it any harder than staying alive against a force 2-3 times bigger than your fleet in empire.

Yeah i can de-aggro a Vindicator with 3 Guardians. But can i survive that if the Guardians gets jammed?

The chance is very low then.

Falcons and ECM exist in empire to you know. They jam to. And if they jam, then there is not much help. And therefor, it's always a big risk when you are fighting in empire when the logistics is a big part of our playstyle and when you know they can easily be jammed.

So don't tell me anything about that there is more risks in 0.0 space / low sec than it is in empire. Because it's many risks on all 3 places.

If you can't understand this, then you have never done empire PVP and you don't understand the core part on how empire PVP works.

Torok Nakaht
Maelstrom 83
#294 - 2012-07-13 23:53:24 UTC
Sad you had to be ex-Triumvirate :( we gone down a few notches..........

VOLTA Corp Public Channel "V0LTA"

WarGod
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#295 - 2012-07-13 23:55:44 UTC
Thanks for making this video and this thread
WarGod
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#296 - 2012-07-13 23:57:21 UTC
Prozacxx wrote:
Hahaha

Hahaha

Haahhaahaahaha

I guess u can enjoy bump lol

i lold irl
Rastadeen
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#297 - 2012-07-13 23:57:52 UTC
Thanks for posting Wargod
NightmareX
#298 - 2012-07-14 00:01:54 UTC
Mmmm, thanks for the free bumps.

Have my movie been on page 2 at all since i made this topic lol?

Sa'haira
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#299 - 2012-07-14 00:04:19 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
Just because you have to manouver with a HAC doesn't make it any harder than staying alive against a force 2-3 times bigger than your fleet in empire.

hahahaha

priceless. i've shown this quote to everyone, it deserves to be famous.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#300 - 2012-07-14 00:07:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
NightmareX wrote:
Just because you have to manouver with a HAC doesn't make it any harder than staying alive against a force 2-3 times bigger than your fleet in empire

Of course it ******* does.

One requires you to interpret vectors in 3D space such that relative ranges will always stay above a certain margin, looking out all the time for factors that can change that balance, and the other requires NO INPUT AT ALL.

How can you possibly say sitting still and having no input at all is in any way difficult? You either have enough lolfagneutral Guardians, or you don't.

You know who your wartargets are, you know exactly what they are in and where they are. If you engage within a docking radius and lose ships you are flat out bad at the game.

The "risk" of >0.4 space is that any other person in any ship can become a factor and there's few ways of anticipating it.
Quote:
If you can't understand this, then you have never done empire PVP and you don't understand the core part on how empire PVP works

Tell me what is so special about forever sitting stationary in a docking radius that makes it in any way risky? Also, tell me how it isn't less risky than outside of highsec.

There's little "special" about highsec PVP other than a very long list of special protections that you get there that you don't elsewhere.

You saying there are no more risks in low null is patently stupid because as you step down you add more unknown factors whilst always carrying over the risks of the previous space with you.