These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Anyone else think diverting Incarna resources to FiS crap is a mistake or is it just me?

Author
Athiven SkyWolf
Archusa Corporation
#61 - 2011-10-09 22:20:39 UTC
David Grogan wrote:
Sofia Bellard wrote:
I really think this is a bad move. Incarna has breathed life into this game and pulling the resources now would be a mistake. Many players joined this game because of it and now you want to stop? Please keep iterating on it. I know there is those rabble rabble lobby groups crying everywhere, but they have a ton of FiS stuff to do and play with.

So please reconsider this winter expansion and focus it on Incarna iteration. I have faith in you CCP, don't let me down.

FiS should always take priority over WiS

I subscribe to play a space ship game and if i wanted a second life style game, guess what? i'd play second life

why should CCP let FiS continue to be neglected anymore in favour of a feature WiS in which the majority of players have turned off.

There is many broken mechanics in the game for so long now... almost 2 years of neglect of FiS shows us how many players are fed up of it. Subs are definitely down and so much so it has Hilmar worried and writing apology blogs.

FiS neglected ??? All past expansions have been about FiS improvements, new ships, System Sovereignty, etc.. . Tell me one who didn't focus on space. This is 6 years Walking in Station is pushed back to cater to one side only.
Athiven SkyWolf
Archusa Corporation
#62 - 2011-10-09 22:24:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Athiven SkyWolf
Quote:
Null sec has been stagnating for a long time. Super capital proliferation (and the power of these ships) is killing null sec and getting worse all the time. The sov mechanics need to be revisted as they simply are not much fun. There are may sub capital balancing issues that lead to whole ship classes being largely irrelevant. When it comes to balancing existing ships/items/features these are relatively 'cheap' changes in development terms. Balancing blasters requires no new art or programming work but could make many ships into viable options again. Balancing capitals can hugely change the null sec (and low sec) dynamics but again need no art and relatively little programming.

Again, really who cares for nullsec and capital ships beside the 1% of players there. Look at the galaxy map, most people are in empire. I say nullsec and capital ships after Walking in Station.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#63 - 2011-10-09 22:30:30 UTC
Athiven SkyWolf wrote:
Quote:
Null sec has been stagnating for a long time. Super capital proliferation (and the power of these ships) is killing null sec and getting worse all the time. The sov mechanics need to be revisted as they simply are not much fun. There are may sub capital balancing issues that lead to whole ship classes being largely irrelevant. When it comes to balancing existing ships/items/features these are relatively 'cheap' changes in development terms. Balancing blasters requires no new art or programming work but could make many ships into viable options again. Balancing capitals can hugely change the null sec (and low sec) dynamics but again need no art and relatively little programming.

Again, really who cares for nullsec and capital ships beside the 1% of players there. Look at the galaxy map, most people are in empire. I say nullsec and capital ships after Walking in Station.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/memberCount

That's a pretty big "1%" there, buddy. And that's just the alliances who have sov - there are quite a few of some size including my own dear INIT. with a 4-digit member count who don't even show up on that list.

Not to mention the empire alts, which are at least the same again.

0.0 isn't quite the minority demographic that many like to believe it is.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#64 - 2011-10-09 22:31:47 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:
Jooce McNasty wrote:
0/10

Enough with the rating and troll naming crap, I'm serious.

These forums are for discussing things you know. If trolling is the only thing you are capable of then please go elsewhere.

your whole posting history is one of blatant trolling. give it up.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#65 - 2011-10-09 22:34:43 UTC
I think it is a mistake. Regardless of whether you want incarna or not. Flip-flopping on promises does not inspire confidence.
Athiven SkyWolf
Archusa Corporation
#66 - 2011-10-09 22:37:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Athiven SkyWolf
Malcanis wrote:
Athiven SkyWolf wrote:
Quote:

That's a pretty big "1%" there, buddy. And that's just the alliances who have sov - there are quite a few of some size including my own dear INIT. with a 4-digit member count who don't even show up on that list.

Well "buddy", i look at the galaxy map right now at peak hours, population in the last 30 min, and you sure don't show... You never do. How many of those 4-digit members of yours are actually subscribing ? Because if you keep people even if they have not been on for months or even years, well, your count means nothing at all. I trust what my eyes see. And my eyes NEVER see many people online in nullsec.
KFenn
State War Academy
Caldari State
#67 - 2011-10-09 22:40:54 UTC
Thomas Orca wrote:
Walking in Stations is an artistic achievement that the whole world looks upon in joy.

3/10 for effort.

Feligast wrote:
Ruby Hotrod wrote:
FiS needs a buff in general. Not just in null sec as the CSM and their buddies keep pushing to CCP.

Yeah, because things like fixing hybrids will only work in nullsec. Roll

Also FacWar, Assualt ships, New T2 modules, New T2 modules, Ship spinning, T2 Rigs manufacturing, New EWAR-Drones, More captains quarters, these apply to nowhere else Roll

Commanding Officer of the Treacle Tart Brigade

Cors
It's A Trap
It's A Trap Alliance
#68 - 2011-10-09 23:21:57 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:
I really think this is a bad move. Incarna has breathed life into this game and pulling the resources now would be a mistake. Many players joined this game because of it and now you want to stop? Please keep iterating on it. I know there is those rabble rabble lobby groups crying everywhere, but they have a ton of FiS stuff to do and play with.

So please reconsider this winter expansion and focus it on Incarna iteration. I have faith in you CCP, don't let me down.

Incarna is nice.. But I joined this game 6 years ago to FLY IN SPACE.

NOT to play barbies in space. If I wanted to play barbies, I'd play City of Hero's or something.

Divert 90% to FiS and leave the last 10% for Incarna. Incarna is fluff. It's NOT content.

FiS FiS FiS FiS FiS FiS FiS FiS FiS FiS FiS FiS MIcrotransactions are for DEAD MMO's. NOT for successfull ones. I already pay for 5 accounts. I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING ELSE!!!

Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#69 - 2011-10-09 23:33:10 UTC
I usually log in at around 2pm EST...last Christmas there use to be easily 25k people in consistently and now there is 17-20k.

So yeah a lot of people have been flocking to a room with an item shop in it.

CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

Athiven SkyWolf
Archusa Corporation
#70 - 2011-10-09 23:37:53 UTC
Cors wrote:

Divert 90% to FiS and leave the last 10% for Incarna. Incarna is fluff. It's NOT content.

Rather add a checkbox button (for or against Incarna) on account page and send NEX items money and subscriptions from those pro Incarna toward Incarna. I am confident that soon this will be the main source of income. Especially since most veterans incarna haters are old players just going to farm isk an hour or 2 to get plex for their sub. Money is not coming much from them i believe. Beside that all past expansions have been about flying and none for walking in station who is pushed back now for 6 years. How many of pro incarna subs have been used for your pleasure ?

Of course, keep this up and people not liking the idea of having no avatar other than a ship will leave and you will be able to say 100% is against Incarna. Assad in Syria does about the same, when he will have killed or make opposition leave all the street will support him. Bullies.
Jooce McNasty
Islefive Consulting
#71 - 2011-10-09 23:47:39 UTC
Athiven SkyWolf wrote:

Rather add a checkbox button (for or against Incarna) on account page and send NEX items money and subscriptions from those pro Incarna toward Incarna. I am confident that soon this will be the main source of income. Especially since most veterans incarna haters are old players just going to farm isk an hour or 2 to get plex for their sub. Money is not coming much from them i believe. Beside that all past expansions have been about flying and none for walking in station who is pushed back now for 6 years. How many of pro incarna subs have been used for your pleasure ?

Do you understand how plex works? For every plex bought with isk someone has to spend RL monies on it. If all vets just spend isk on these plex then who is actually buying them from CCP? They still make the same amount of money. Eventually if people stopped buying plex from CCP all the plex would be used up and then they would just go back to paying with RL monies.

Kumq uat
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2011-10-10 00:02:58 UTC
Pator Tech School/10
Athiven SkyWolf
Archusa Corporation
#73 - 2011-10-10 00:04:03 UTC
Jooce McNasty wrote:
Athiven SkyWolf wrote:

Do you understand how plex works? For every plex bought with isk someone has to spend RL monies on it. If all vets just spend isk on these plex then who is actually buying them from CCP? They still make the same amount of money. Eventually if people stopped buying plex from CCP all the plex would be used up and then they would just go back to paying with RL monies.

I perfectly understand how it works. People like me pay a sub or buy plex that vets buy with isk without putting any real money in it, we do. And real money I and others pay is not going to a feature we want, Incarna, but goes to features we don't care. I don't care for nullsec or capital ships. 6 years is enough waiting and now i am tired, i ask money from my sub to go toward Incarna. Period.
EVE Stig
Doomheim
#74 - 2011-10-10 00:17:45 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Athiven SkyWolf wrote:
Quote:

So are 0.0 a majority then?
Cause I keep hearing the number 80% in high sec.
Id like to see your proof of 0.0 being a larger number than people think, IE population graphs. Hell Id like to see any of those at all. See how many empire dwellers there really are

"Some say that he is actually dead, but the Grim Reaper is too afraid to tell him." "Some say he is the 3rd member of Daft Punk and he did the vocals of "Technologic" song. All we know is,he's called EVE Stig"!

Aidan Brooder
Dynasphere Ltd.
#75 - 2011-10-10 00:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Aidan Brooder
CCP is using FiS shouting players that now think they get more than they would have otherwise to hide the fact that they were not ready to bring the Incarna content they promised.

That's all.

Congratulations. Smart move. More honesty next time please.

Also again: Vote for non-0-Sec CSM delegates if you want non-0-Sec content next time. First of all: VOTE!!!
Can't even blame the pew-pew-want-but-blue-we-are crowd there.

Blog: http://aidanbrooder.wordpress.com My EVE Playlist on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSNuHY7z8n1q1BdLvW2verIfH8vvWtz_x

Naradius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2011-10-10 00:26:21 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:
Many players joined this game because of it and now you want to stop?

Actually, most of the player base joined for the FIS...and it wasn't until Incarna, that the player numbers started to fall.

In "many players", how many is "many players"?...give us concrete numbers, and then I will show you how many active players were lost since Incarna, with concrete numbers.

All that being said...good troll! I had a good bite so, 6/10. You failed getting 10/10, because obvious is obvious.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Aidan Brooder
Dynasphere Ltd.
#77 - 2011-10-10 00:38:12 UTC
Naradius wrote:
Sofia Bellard wrote:

Actually, most of the player base joined for the FIS...and it wasn't until Incarna, that the player numbers started to fall.

In "many players", how many is "many players"?...give us concrete numbers, and then I will show you how many active players were lost since Incarna, with concrete numbers.

All that being said...good troll! I had a good bite so, 6/10. You failed getting 10/10, because obvious is obvious.

Perhaps player numbers started to fall because players got bored doing the same stuff every day.
I cannot imagine how hard-core space players even bother with something they will hardly ever see, because: Aren't they supposed to be in space all the time?

I can give you 4 out of 10 new players on our forums - all good pilots - are very disappointed with no avatar meeting options this winter.

Now go shoot something and spin your ship.

Blog: http://aidanbrooder.wordpress.com My EVE Playlist on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSNuHY7z8n1q1BdLvW2verIfH8vvWtz_x

T-Jay Charante
Black Sun Industry and Research
#78 - 2011-10-10 00:52:00 UTC
Aidan Brooder wrote:
Naradius wrote:
Sofia Bellard wrote:

Perhaps player numbers started to fall because players got bored doing the same stuff every day.
I cannot imagine how hard-core space players even bother with something they will hardly ever see, because: Aren't they supposed to be in space all the time?

I can give you 4 out of 10 new players on our forums - all good pilots - are very disappointed with no avatar meeting options this winter.

Now go shoot something and spin your ship.

Numbers fell because everyone took an emo trip about micro transactions.
Jee'ta
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#79 - 2011-10-10 00:56:12 UTC

You assume that it is the players that caused change.

If CCP was able to get large amounts of fun Incarna based content out for the winter expansion they would do so. And they will release what they have. I think they've realized how long it will take to fully flesh out the WiS systems, how bad the subscription curve is and how close the next expansion is. It's a lot easier for them to earn PR points with an apology and a renewed focus on current game-play which allows them to ship a couple of small fixes and tweaks as an expansion.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#80 - 2011-10-10 01:31:23 UTC
T-Jay Charante wrote:

Numbers fell because everyone took an emo trip about micro transactions.

I find this sort of pop-analysis extremely lazy. Whilst it seems fashionable to point the finger at Incarna as a reason for the subscription drop. Subs have been declining for a while now.

Realistically there are many reasons that contribute to this decline, like changes in the industry as a whole towards free-to-play, the Tyrannis feature not meeting the hype, the Incarna expansion not meeting the hype (CCP can you see the pattern), other features not being iterated on, low-hanging developmental fruit (like the assault ship fix) not being fixed.

Personally I think the subscription decline will continue until CCP re-establishes it's credibility and delivers fun engaging features. Incarna in it's finished state will be a great thing for EVE, as would a null-sec revamp, new nebulas etc.