These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

--> List of things to fix or add.

Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#1 - 2011-10-09 22:19:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
This list will be constantly updated from the posts in this thread.

1. Player Owned Structures
  2. - The alliance settings either do not work or you need to release a Youtube tutorial for this. People can not access the buildings or anchor their buildings in our bubble.
  3. Battle cruisers T1
  4. - Give us eight viable options rather than three to four to enhance the sandbox effect.
  5. Loss mails
  6. - Helping motivation be more within the game for gain rather than outside meta points with regards to newbies, miners and industrials.
  7. Extending the progression cycle
  8. - Starting on a station, doing missions, possible travelling in passenger transport ships and building up to your first Rookie ship.
  9. Anti-scram & warp trail
  10. - Remote assistance to unlocks scramblers and distruptors. Following enemies into warp.
  11. Changing the voting system
  12. - Ensuring that all parts of space are represented equally. Not just the null sec alliances.
    - or replace CSM with GMs
  13. Open a job in the UK, which I can apply for to implement these things. Twisted
  14. ECM drones lest you forget.
  15. Bounty Contracts some ideas for bounties, trading kill rights, ways to make the contracts, et cetera.
  16. Null security & worm hole ideas
  17. Anti - ISK selling measures.
  18. Gas harvesting ship (needs reviewing)
  19. Fleets and kill rights (needs a better link.)
  20. NPC pirates and low sec
  21. Quick POS fix regarding guns and other modules
  22. Outside RR and war declarations
  23. - being able to help your friends in other alliances and corps on a personal basis with consequences!
  24. Fixing active tanking
  25. Tank - making a damage crutch, helping to prevent alpha kills and make some weak tank ships more useful.
  26. Tier 3 BCs high skill requirements and why they should have them.
  27. 95 percent GUI scaling
  28. Embedded translator
  29. GUI changes
  30. Counter cloak
  31. Double fit to enable you to fight back instead of being slaughtered or having to run away.
  32. Optional log in screen graphics
  33. Ore mining the best thing for it.
  34. Special sneaky cloaks
  35. Battleships and newbies
  36. Active tanking how to make it survive better in large gangs or fleet combat.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#2 - 2011-11-09 02:28:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
[Reserved for more links]

What and why did you chose that path?

Jen wrote:
Goons just zerg and try to mess with people. The mechanics make that easy and a lot of people like to do it. So in hind site it is obvious that so many troglodytes would gravitate toward each other.
That; people often fear.

Now alliances like Rooks and Kings or Volition Cult? They are far more interesting, making smaller fleets and standing toe to toe with the horde.
That; I can respect.

Just some fits for the hell of it:

Shield tanked Apocalypse
Shild tanked Dominix

Loki - C2/C3 worm holes
Legion - C2/C3 worm holes
Proteus - C2/C3 worm holes
Tengu - tank experiment

Cyclone - C2 worm holes
Drake - C2 worm holes (resists)

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#3 - 2011-11-09 02:49:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Other peoples' ideas that I liked:

Not even once

Velicitia
XS Tech
#4 - 2011-11-09 16:17:48 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
This list will be constantly updated from the posts in this thread.

1) Player Owned Structures
- The alliance settings either do not work or you need to release a Youtube tutorial for this. People can not access the buildings or anchor their buildings in our bubble.

only the OWNING CORPORATION of the POS can anchor structures for a single POS (either inside of, or outside of the shields).

Only members of the OWNING CORPORATION of the POS can take from structures (though alliance members with proper roles *should* be able to view items or put stuff in the structures). This also assumes that the players in the owning corporation have proper roles.

It's been this way since the beginning ...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Jenshae Chiroptera
#5 - 2011-11-09 20:43:23 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
... It's been this way since the beginning ...

Then why does it have options to change settings allowing alliance members various access to different builds but they still can't access or use them?

Why should a small alliance have to make a POS for each corp when only a few members from each want to use one? There are limitations to the POS that would force them to get more as they grew.

Not even once

Velicitia
XS Tech
#6 - 2011-11-09 21:09:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
In an alliance, you can USE some structures

ME/PE slots in labs
Refit functionality of a SMA

you cannot TAKE from a structure not owned by your corporation most likely because of a disconnect in how alliance/corp roles work, the same goes for Invention and Copy slots. It *may* be fixed when new POS are brought into the game (i.e. what's been noted in the flogging the dead horse threads).

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Jenshae Chiroptera
#7 - 2011-11-17 01:00:59 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
In an alliance, you can USE some structures.

Dead horse is linked here too

Not even once

Hadez411
ceaps is Gay Minning Corp
#8 - 2012-01-03 22:13:52 UTC
I like the antiscram and especially the warp trail follower idea. Maybe not the how, but the concept is great.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#9 - 2012-01-04 00:18:03 UTC
Hadez411 wrote:
I like the antiscram and especially the warp trail follower idea. Maybe not the how, but the concept is great.

Thank you.

Not even once

Jita Von Trade
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-01-13 16:04:40 UTC
Warp follow could work like FC fleet warp most likely, delayed. But they still have the same xyz target to warp to.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#11 - 2012-01-13 17:21:14 UTC
Jita Von Trade wrote:
Warp follow could work like FC fleet warp most likely, delayed. But they still have the same xyz target to warp to.

That seemed to be ambiguous. To clarify, it would be enemies that can follow you. I guess cloaking might help to stop this or some rigs / propulsion mods could reduce the chance of this happening.

Not even once

Morgan North
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#12 - 2012-01-13 17:25:22 UTC
Purchaseable Ship Painjobs should be there. :D
Jenshae Chiroptera
#13 - 2012-01-13 17:29:15 UTC
Morgan North wrote:

No. X

From here.

T'amber Anomandari Demaleon wrote:

It is almost like no-one cares anymore.

Yup. I certainly don't.

Not even once

Morgan North
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#14 - 2012-01-13 17:31:22 UTC
Morgan North wrote:

No. X

From here.

T'amber Anomandari Demaleon wrote:

It is almost like no-one cares anymore.

Yup. I certainly don't.

I said purchaseable Ship Paintjobs, not paintjobs creating. You should be able to I don't know, buy or sell a Caldari Navy colour scheme. Or a Federation one. Or a Minmatar basic colouring. For all ships.
XXSketchxx
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#15 - 2012-01-13 17:31:28 UTC
Boosters. They made a half-arsed effort prior to Crucible, we shot it down cause it was trash and they said they'd follow up on it.

Boosters need fixing and we can't let CCP forget about them.
Max Von Sydow
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2012-01-13 17:57:32 UTC

• Battle cruisers T1
  • - Give us eight viable options rather than three to four to enhance the sandbox effect.

Don't forget the low tier frigates and cruisers, they need love too.
    Jenshae Chiroptera
    #17 - 2012-01-13 18:17:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
    Morgan North wrote:
    ... I said purchasable Ship Paintjobs, not paintjobs creating. ...

I don't care about paint jobs at all, purchasable, changeable, do not care.
    XXSketchxx wrote:
    ... Boosters need fixing and we can't let CCP forget about them.

Link so I know what you are talking about?
    Max Von Sydow wrote:
    ....Don't forget the low tier frigates and cruisers, they need love too.

I have seen some good posts about that, usually by the Caldari looking woman with the white hair looking to the right. Not sure if there is a thread like that. Got a link and I will put it in the "Threads I like" post?

Not even once

Goose99
    #18 - 2012-01-13 18:21:42 UTC
    Bring back display of character standings.
    Jenshae Chiroptera
    #19 - 2012-01-16 01:31:41 UTC
    Goose99 wrote:
    Bring back display of character standings.

Do you mean seeing your standing with other players? If they have red or blued you?

Not even once