These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

When you're not playing Internet Spaceships - WTF do you do?

Author
Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2012-07-13 13:50:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Private Pineapple
Work: I write code, though I'm most likely branching off into information security very soon since I'm very good friends with a semi-famous CISO.

Not working: Tribes Ascend, Team Fortress 2, Mortal Online, pretty much playing video games whenever I'm not working.

Vellen Thoss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2012-07-13 13:53:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Vellen Thoss
Plan my wedding with my fiance, play with my kids, and work now that I have finished school. I used to play guitar, but my life has gotten so busy I can't ever find time anymore.
Andoria Thara
Fallen Avatars
#63 - 2012-07-13 14:17:20 UTC
When I'm not playing internet spaceships, I'm thinking about playing internet spacehips.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#64 - 2012-07-13 14:33:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
Business and technical writing (for a living)
Play way too many games for leisure time (currently a bit addicted to battlefield 3 and Endless Space - yeah weird combo I know)
Love movies, especially historical epics and post apocalyptic drama.
For fitness I ride a bike most places I can't drive to, love sword-fighting (proper fencing and live roleplay with latex swords)
I'm still idly prepping research materials to do a PHD in Arthurian literature at this lovely place
(One day when I can afford to have 3 years off again)
I spent most of the last year renovating a fixer-upper house I moved too and learning to do basic decorating and maintenance (previously I was a bit useless at this) - but house now looks lovely.
When its raining too much to go out at the weekends I love Chinese and Italian home cooking and playing boardgames like this or this or even this.
No pets but I do have a 17 year old daughter who is doing law at college but wants to be a social worker rather than a lawyer so must have picked up some good genes somewhere :)

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

forestwho
Doomheim
#65 - 2012-07-13 14:43:42 UTC
fishing, chilling with mates, partiing, snorking coke and doing hookers, the usual stuff
Rellik B00n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2012-07-13 14:46:18 UTC
i am trying to arrange for someone completely unsuited to play the part to be Jack Reacher in a new movie.

watch this space.
[Of a request for change ask: Who Benefits?](https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=199765)
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#67 - 2012-07-13 15:05:41 UTC
What do you mean "not playing internet spaceships"?

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Suqq Madiq
#68 - 2012-07-13 16:10:08 UTC
I do what the rest of you do but are afraid to admit; I masturbate furiously to CCP Punturis' avatar.
BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
#69 - 2012-07-13 16:15:36 UTC
I try to play with REAL spaceships. Try...

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#70 - 2012-07-13 16:20:37 UTC
I drink.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#71 - 2012-07-13 16:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Gaellia Bonaventure
I'm a professional SF, dark fantasy and western writer. I belong to SFWA and HWA and attend a few writing/fan conventions every year. When I'm not doing that I go to baseball games, love to go camping at Palo Duro Canyon and Caprock Canyon, or just take care of my kids. I like pecan pie and also have a beagle named Chester who likes to chase rabbits. Big smile

I like music and listen to everything from Rob Zombie to Tchaikovsky. I also read a lot. I love Lebanese cuisine and play classical guitar ... although I'm not very good at that, haha.

Bring your possibles.

Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#72 - 2012-07-13 17:06:04 UTC
I fix broken crap. Either stuff I get free/cheap (so many people just throw crap away now) and resell, or as a service to people who don't have time/skills to fix.

Started with radios and TVs around 50 years ago, it's mainly laptops and computers now but I've done small engine rebuilds, carb rebuilds, just about anything.
Vellen Thoss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-07-13 17:12:08 UTC
Palovana wrote:
I fix broken crap. Either stuff I get free/cheap (so many people just throw crap away now) and resell, or as a service to people who don't have time/skills to fix.

Started with radios and TVs around 50 years ago, it's mainly laptops and computers now but I've done small engine rebuilds, carb rebuilds, just about anything.

Sounds like my FIL. Minus the electronics part, but he can fix pretty much anything else.
Generals4
#74 - 2012-07-13 17:13:39 UTC
Ginseng Jita wrote:
I work for a marketing/ad agency. I also snowboard, windsurf, and ride mountain bikes. I like all kinds of musics and movies. Bear

So what the bloody hell do you do?

I sleep.

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

Kyle Yanowski
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#75 - 2012-07-13 17:15:25 UTC
Celeste Taylor wrote:
Bartend for a living. When I am at home I read, watch and breathe science fiction and try to make it to Worldcon when I can. Lois McMaster Bujold is my favorite author, but Hyperion is my favorite novel. I have a large anime and manga collection (I'm Japanese) and have been a fan since the 70s. I also love British science fiction and grew up watching Blake's 7 and Doctor Who. There really isn't a SFF series I have not seen (unless you count Lost) and my favorites are Farscape and Babylon 5. They don't get any geekier than meOops

I'm reading Hyperion right now... and not.. sure.. if I like it.

I generally enjoy the misery of a happy marriage; Run (alot) 78 miles this week alone; lift heavy things up, and put them down. Crossfit. Enlisting young men and women into the united states Army (temporary). Mountain Biking. Teaching my 2 year old about internet spaceships (and making traps and snares). He doesn't get either yet.

PREPARING FOR Z DAY.

=)

Host of the High Drag Eve Online Podcast ( http://highdrag.wordpress.com). Director of Aideron Robotics.

Doc Severide
Doomheim
#76 - 2012-07-13 17:57:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Severide
I'm a Mainframe Systems Guru in a small company. I work with z/OS, MVS, OS/390, JES2, CA7, Tivoli, etc, etc.

I also have a wife of 33 years who is a Gamer too. We spent several years in the Unreal Tournament World together. I get ANY computer stuff I want whenever I want...

I also have 4 little Toy Poodles, a Severe Macaw and an African Grey who all keep me busy...

Unfortunately I am quite disabled with Psoriatic Arthritis so I find EVE to be very theraputic as I am in a lot of pain. It keeps me busy...
Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#77 - 2012-07-13 18:09:27 UTC
:work: is doing QA for a B2B lead generation company.

Spare time, bunch of different things. Reading, writing, listening to nearly any music I can get my hands on, playing violin (I still perform with my uni's orchestra a couple times a week a year after graduating), variety of other video games. I'm also a moderator for one of the forums used by EVE's RP community.

Also have a cat at home that likes to play rough, so "daily catupuncture" should probably go on the list there too.Lol

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Patrakele
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2012-07-13 18:42:01 UTC
Work, eat, read, sleep, socialize -- all that useless stuff to fill the in between gaming time.
Dark Assassin15
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2012-07-13 19:25:55 UTC
SCADA / HMI Software Development.
Taming Unicorns
Background processing of rainbows.
Dividing by Zero
Eating cupcakes with chopsticks
Gate camping my local subdivision
Faping
LOLing
Trolling
Eating Bagels

mmm bagels.... I'm done.

[img]http://www.invokemethod.com/repo/failedsig.png[/img]

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#80 - 2012-07-13 19:28:32 UTC
WorK: Generic IT guy, mostly network troubleshooting but also doing scripting and database stuff.

Not work: Recently celebrated 10 years married. There should be an achievement for that. Two boys, 7 and 5. I do hiking, camping, we make it to a beach whenever we can, and just generally like being outside. I read a lot, wish I would write more, play drums, and I'm occasionally teaching myself to play piano.I play TF2, LoL, and various other games as the mood hits.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.