These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

heartless pilots

Author
Natalcya Katla
Astropolitan Front
#41 - 2012-07-10 07:44:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Natalcya Katla
Aria Jenneth wrote:
... Natalcya ... I'm going to do you the courtesy of presuming that you didn't run fast enough and those are the implants talking.

Oh, right. Your mother. Scratch that.

Fine. Let's do a quick comparison-contrast. You had an over-busy and largely absentee mother. That's scarring, obviously enough.

I got a bit wider sampling: Mother was weak, Grandfather was cold, Father was ... well, Father. Grandmother was, and presumably still is, maternal yet tyrannical.

I would have preferred any of them, maybe even Father, to the creche. Even a boarding school doesn't compare to the sense of isolation, of being fundamentally alone in a crowded room.

You left out "lying", "presumptive" and "treasonous" in your description of her. And...

...and you really went through hell yourself. Yes, I know. Fine.

Mlle Valja: Every new capsuleer is profiled and registered by the DED. There are a few people in Yulai who still owe me a favor or two from the old days, believe it or not.

I will make an inquiry on your behalf, if you wish it. I can't promise results, but every detail you can tell me about him will make the search go quicker and easier. The details you've already provided will be helpful. Anything else you might remember could prove valuable, too. Even the fake name he gave you.
Hans Nardieu
Federal Nationalist Party
#42 - 2012-07-10 07:44:35 UTC
This forum is a popular one amongst the peoples, perhaps the individual responsible will see it and step forwards to do his duty.

Family is the building block of our society. The family unit is what makes society strong, and if family values are weak, society is weak. Furthermore, a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

Col. Hans Nardieu (ret.) Chairman, National Party of the Federated Union of Gallente Prime Office of the Party Headquarters, Villore VII-6 Senate Bureau Station

Malcolm Khross
Doomheim
#43 - 2012-07-10 11:10:01 UTC
I have been watching this thread without responding because unfortunately there is very little I can do to assist and well-wishes seem empty. However, as I've continued to watch it, it occurs to me that maybe some kindness is better than abject silence.

It is good that you are courageous enough to admit certain mistakes of your past and that you have the integrity to face those mistakes and their consequences. That you have attempted to be a mother rather than abandon the child also speaks highly of you.

As stated, there is very little (if anything) that I can do to assist you in this search, except to extend sincere wishes that perhaps something will present itself that will lead to finding the father, or the father stepping forward. I do not know all of the details of what happened apart from what you've provided, so I will withhold judgment from either you or the father and instead spend my energy in hoping the situation is resolved in a way that is most beneficial to the child.

Ancestors bless your search and Winds guide your inquiry.

~Malcolm Khross

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#44 - 2012-07-10 13:15:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Kat Valja wrote:
he said he was training to be a capsule pilot and he was already some other kind of pilot for Ishukone. He was tall and had dark hair and came from Lonetrek or at least had that accent and he is Caldari. If he is still alive I suppose.

Now you have my attention. I would like you to send me a mail with everything you know about him. I want to know where he claimed he came from, what his fake name was, and any nicknames he tended to carry. I'll also need a detailed list of distinguishing features such as eye color, tattoos, height, weight, skintone, bloodline, ancestry, date of birth... anything and everything you can tell me.

If this man is in I-RED, he will answer for this.

EDIT: Oh, and you should probably dig up your corporate certificate of birth for the child. You're going to need that.

Katrina Oniseki

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#45 - 2012-07-10 13:27:14 UTC
Does not the State, or at least the Megacorps, keep genetic databases of all employees?

I'd wager the father probably doesn't want to be found, and has taken action to ensure this through bribery or other means.

Considering what he'd be coming home to, can we really blame him?

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Katrina Oniseki
#46 - 2012-07-10 13:37:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Does not the State, or at least the Megacorps, keep genetic databases of all employees?

Yes, they do.

Ishukone could probably identify the pilot by comparing recorded Capsuleer DNA to that of the child's within hours or days of starting. The problem is that whoever he is, he's now protected from litigation under CONCORD regulation. None of those regulations state he must support his bastard child.

Even if Ishukone decides to choose in favor of the mother, the megacorp still cannot do anything but strongly demand the pilot do whatever it is they think is best. The absolute worst Ishukone can do is terminate his employment.

Why would he bother with bribery if nothing can touch him?

Katrina Oniseki

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#47 - 2012-07-10 13:47:18 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Silas Vitalia wrote:

Yes, they do.

Ishukone could probably identify the pilot by comparing recorded Capsuleer DNA to that of the child's within hours or days of starting. The problem is that whoever he is, he's now protected from litigation under CONCORD regulation. None of those regulations state he must support his bastard child.

Even if Ishukone decides to choose in favor of the mother, the megacorp still cannot do anything but strongly demand the pilot do whatever it is they think is best. The absolute worst Ishukone can do is terminate his employment.

Well, we all know how rigid CONCORD regulations are, and how they are never broken or bent under the weight of bribery or influence.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Katrina Oniseki
#48 - 2012-07-10 13:47:49 UTC
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Silas Vitalia wrote:

Yes, they do.

Well, we all know how rigid CONCORD regulations are, and how they are never broken or bent under the weight of bribery or influence.

True.

Katrina Oniseki

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#49 - 2012-07-10 14:09:01 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Silas Vitalia wrote:

True.

Alternatively, if he is indeed a capsuleer, you could just threaten him with the prospect of spending more on fresh medical clones and implants than he'd have to pay in child support for a couple tens of his abandoned offspring.

Considering the average conversion rate between ISK and planetary currencies, you'd think the one-time equivalent of a single SCC tax "tick" on a CONCORD bounty payout would be a rather attractive option.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#50 - 2012-07-11 21:12:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Che Biko
Kat Valja wrote:
[..]he was already some other kind of pilot for Ishukone. He was tall and had dark hair and came from Lonetrek or at least had that accent and he is Caldari. If he is still alive I suppose.
Hmm.
Did he look something like this, or this?
Lol

I'm sorry, I do care about you're well being, Ms. Valja, and I hope you'll forgive my lightheartedness and amusement in knowing that I was at least half serious with my suggestion.

Peace,

-Ché Biko
Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#51 - 2012-07-11 21:35:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Makkal Hanaya
Kat Valja wrote:
nine years ago I had one night of love with a man I thought loved me only to be cruelly abandoned to raise our child alone. Now my son wants to know his father but all I know is that he was training to be a pilot when we shared our breif ectasy. i have promised him I will find his father for him even though the name he gave me was a fake.

Someone among you must know who this man is, even maybe you are that man yourself. Show a bit of compassion for the woman and child you abandoned and speak up.

Can you give us a description at least?

His race? How tall he was? Was he older? Did he recently become a capsuleer?

With this description, the man could be my brother and I wouldn't be able to tell.

Katrina Oniseki wrote:
The short of this post is this:

Learn a man's name before bedding him, and wear protection if you are unprepared for children.

Addendum: Get a once a year injection. They're cheap, or free, harmless, and you'll never forget to use it due to chemical recreation. I know women who aren't even sexually active who get the shot during their annual check-up.

I assume that's easily available in the State.

Scherezad wrote:
You both presume that she didn't use protection.

Unless they use sheep intestine condoms in the State, I assume she didn't use protection.

Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Having a vagina doesn't exempt one from responsibility for one's bad choices, nor yet consequences of same.

I cannot speak for others, but in the Kingdom, having a penis doesn't exempt one from responsibilities for one's bad choices, nor yet consequences of the same.

If genetic testing shows a man is the father of a child, he has legal obligations for the child's health and well-being. You cannot 'hit it and quit it' where I'm from.

Edit: Why is penis automatically censored and not vagina? I sense Galletean influence here.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Makkal Hanaya
#52 - 2012-07-11 22:07:53 UTC
I find this forum amusing at times.

One second I see people decrying a woman for being drunken and promiscuous, the next they're vowing to hunt down the traitorous knave who wronged her and is currently using all his influence to stop justice being done.

More than likely, he doesn't remember that night, wouldn't remember the woman's name if he met her face to face, and has no idea that he has a child. I doubt he'll resist paying a small amount of ISK to support the boy, but what the mother wants is 'a father' for her child.

My suggestion is that she find a suitable man to have a long term relationship with and let that be the child's father. I question whether a random capsuleer with no emotional ties to her or the boy would make a good father.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Eloise Tier
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2012-07-12 08:51:39 UTC
If rumours are to be believed, it sounds like something Jude would do.

Come on Mr. Kopenhagen, step up.
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#54 - 2012-07-12 11:32:33 UTC
Eloise Tier wrote:

Jude doesn't have nearly enough hair.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#55 - 2012-07-12 14:00:17 UTC
Kazzzi wrote:
Wasn't me this time.

He says this to all the girls.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Henry Kaine
Royal Amarr Institute
#56 - 2012-07-12 15:40:59 UTC
The guy had hair, that means it wasn't me!
Kailea Shandrasekkar
Chor Aurea
#57 - 2012-07-12 16:09:27 UTC
Kat Valja wrote:
Someone among you must know who this man is, even maybe you are that man yourself. Show a bit of compassion for the woman and child you abandoned and speak up.

Ms. Valja, you're accessing Galnet directly, not using a proxy capsuleer or similar. So i suppose you're a fellow capsuleer now as well. So maybe you should try a more capsuleer-like approach.

Amass money and power. Get the right connections. Bribe DNA sample database administrators. Obtain info and directions. Then hire a merc corporation to hunt him down.

Straightforward, clear-cut capsuleer business.
Makkal Hanaya
#58 - 2012-07-12 20:33:25 UTC
To be sure: Randomly posting personal matters in widely-read public venues is also a capsuleer-like approach.

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#59 - 2012-07-13 09:42:53 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
To be sure: Randomly posting personal matters in widely-read public venues is also a capsuleer-like approach.

To be honest.. yes. Yes it is.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Jude Kopenhagen
Stormcrows
#60 - 2012-07-13 11:56:11 UTC
Eloise Tier wrote:

You have been listening to the wrong rumours Miss Tier.

From what Miss Valja is saying, this pilot would have been around at the time when the capsule and cloning were combined.

That does not leave that many options.

I am shadow, ruled by light.