These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Can't believe I am saying this but...

Author
Vlodovich
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-07-12 11:06:41 UTC
I have seen posts about this around many patch days, minor and major updates and expansions. I always read them and think 'silly poster you got it all wrong', but unfortunately I am about to say the same.

Am I on a terrible bad luck streak with the loot fairy or has something actually changed this time? Myself and a couple friends run sites to fund our PvP activities and used to make a decent living. Not mega rich or anything but a couple hundred mil drop here and there, occasional larger A-type drop.

In the last 2 months we have run over 100 sites and have received the escalations and faction spawns from these as regularly as before. Yet in these 2 months no escalation or faction spawn has dropped a single faction or deadspace item. We have made no money whatsoever during this time and our PvP is making it run a little low. We run sites in sansha, bloods, and serpentis space.

Even the 7/10's and such that the wiki says guarantee faction or B/A type loot have dropped us nothing. Our last site we ran was a 6/10 in bloods space that spawned a named overseers battlecruiser in the last pocket and all he dropped was a faint warp disruptor.

Any input?

TL:DR 2 months running over 100 DED sites and not a single drop from all the faction rats we got.
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#2 - 2012-07-12 11:08:50 UTC
Can't answer your questions but I found it very hilarious how you use the words "Loot Fairy". Big smile

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Dave stark
#3 - 2012-07-12 11:09:37 UTC
i haven't seen a faction spawn in belts for over 2 months, have faction spawns been removed from belts?
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-07-12 11:32:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Caitlyn Tufy
I got a few items, though not worth much in total, you know, the usual exploration luck.

If all else fails, sacrifice a matari to the mighty loot gods. Big smile
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#5 - 2012-07-12 11:51:06 UTC
I got a shadow serpentis EANM just yesterday in a belt while casually ratting for sec status. I think you are probably just on a statistical downturn.
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#6 - 2012-07-12 11:51:21 UTC
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
I got a few items, though not worth much in total, you know, the usual exploration luck.

If all else fails, sacrifice a matari to the mighty loot gods. Big smile



Say what?

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-07-12 11:56:46 UTC
no wait, I'm pretty sure some sites are 100% drop something.

tell CCP, not the forums. you know what to do don't you?

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-07-12 11:57:20 UTC
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
I got a few items, though not worth much in total, you know, the usual exploration luck.

If all else fails, sacrifice a matari to the mighty loot gods. Big smile


I resent that.

Sacrifice an Amarrian.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Spurty
#9 - 2012-07-12 11:59:06 UTC
Ninja sec grind yesterday, found system with 10+ belts and zero rats. Wasted 20 mins looking for them.

Something is not as it once was.

Tinfoil hat : Dev-swarm sent all rats to delve

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Nirnias Stirrum
Soggy Biscuit.
#10 - 2012-07-12 12:00:14 UTC
The loot fairy is a fickle biatch!
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-07-12 12:03:13 UTC
This thread probably do better in Missions and Complexes sub forum.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#12 - 2012-07-12 12:08:23 UTC
The loot fairy appreciates sacrifices of all descriptions, the sacrifice of choice for myself and friends when we were wormhole spelunking was female exotic dancers at the sun, I've since sacrificed livestock, militants, male exotic dancers, janitors and tourists with mixed results.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#13 - 2012-07-12 12:11:14 UTC
1) Random is random. If you think you see a pattern in something random, you're seeing observational bias

2) If a mod DID start dropping half as often, then it's price would inflate 2x and you'd be earning the same

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Hazen Koraka
HK Enterprises
#14 - 2012-07-12 12:11:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Hazen Koraka
I'll reply before anyone else says,

The RNG is random. Random is random....

Totally usless answer, but these types of threads always pull in this reply :)

EDIT: Oh and I've still seen faction spawns in asteroid belts (well the wrecks of them anyway)

Exploration is Random. Random is Random... or is it?! http://docs.python.org/2/library/random.html

Kalen Vox
Veyr
The Veyr Collective
#15 - 2012-07-12 12:15:03 UTC
2 days ago my CEO got 2 dark blood spawns in lowsec belts in an hour or so, and we came across the wreck of a third and yesterday a corpmate completed an escalation and received some C-type and Dark Blood items.

I guess it must just be down to incredibly bad luck? There is always a chance of these things happening, even if it is significantly low.
Azami Nevinyrall
172.0.0.1
#16 - 2012-07-12 12:22:16 UTC
Vlodovich wrote:
I have seen posts about this around many patch days, minor and major updates and expansions. I always read them and think 'silly poster you got it all wrong', but unfortunately I am about to say the same.

Am I on a terrible bad luck streak with the loot fairy or has something actually changed this time? Myself and a couple friends run sites to fund our PvP activities and used to make a decent living. Not mega rich or anything but a couple hundred mil drop here and there, occasional larger A-type drop.

In the last 2 months we have run over 100 sites and have received the escalations and faction spawns from these as regularly as before. Yet in these 2 months no escalation or faction spawn has dropped a single faction or deadspace item. We have made no money whatsoever during this time and our PvP is making it run a little low. We run sites in sansha, bloods, and serpentis space.

Even the 7/10's and such that the wiki says guarantee faction or B/A type loot have dropped us nothing. Our last site we ran was a 6/10 in bloods space that spawned a named overseers battlecruiser in the last pocket and all he dropped was a faint warp disruptor.

Any input?

TL:DR 2 months running over 100 DED sites and not a single drop from all the faction rats we got.

You're not a goon, nor running sites in Goon space. It's not that hard to figure out!

...

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#17 - 2012-07-12 12:24:38 UTC
Halete wrote:
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
I got a few items, though not worth much in total, you know, the usual exploration luck.

If all else fails, sacrifice a matari to the mighty loot gods. Big smile


I resent that.

Sacrifice an Amarrian.


I send defrosted chickens to Celine Dion with the message 'We're watching you soulless one' carved into their flesh, that seems to work fine.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Vlodovich
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-07-12 12:27:41 UTC
I actually thought I had posted in missions/complexes. Ooops. If any forum mods read this I am an idiot please fix me

P

Eve tribune seems to indicate that certain named final overseers of higher end sites are guaranteed to drop faction/deadspace loot even if it is not worth much. Last night we ran a Blood Raider 8/10 though, finally killed the named overseer guy in the last pocket and he dropped a faint warp disruptor and nothing else. Every time we run these 7/8/9 DED sites we keep saying on the way in '3 months of no drops from factions, this one is gonna be good, it has to be'. Then a damn faint warp disruptor is all we have for our efforts lol.

http://www.eve-tribune.com/index.php?no=6_15&page=1

Anyways I always have fun finding and running these sites and dodging gate camps to get there etc so I'm not raging or anything it's just a bit puzzling.
Vlodovich
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-07-12 12:30:18 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
1) Random is random. If you think you see a pattern in something random, you're seeing observational bias

2) If a mod DID start dropping half as often, then it's price would inflate 2x and you'd be earning the same


Id actually rather the high end mods dropped rarely for us so they remain expensive. Its the getting nothing form any site of any kind thing thats annoying.

I think im probably just in a bad luck streak, any time these threads appear around patch times im always saying to the people invloved 'random is random'.
Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-07-12 12:36:26 UTC
Buy 1,000 slaves, place them in the cargohold of a Badger Mk II, fly to Dodixie and have an Amarrian kill your ship with a Thrasher. Concord must respond.

Your luck will improve.

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

12Next page