These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD IT'S POINTLESS

First post
Author
Devil's Call
Social safety
#221 - 2011-10-09 15:37:09 UTC
Haha, look at his portrait. I bet you guys got trolled big time;p. Plus I can't imagine somebody being THIS ignorant really.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#222 - 2011-10-09 15:43:21 UTC
Alidar wrote:
sadly you are mistaken, i mine to afford the skills i need to be able to fly a titan

I can't wait for the "Erebus pilot goes mental" thread on Kugu

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Sarrilai Snipershot
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#223 - 2011-10-09 15:47:47 UTC
Alidar wrote:
luZk wrote:
EVE does have two "I dont want to pvp buttons" fyi. One is called cloak and is installed on your ship, the other is called "dock" and is found in your overview in station systems.

oh so i am just supposed to run and hide without the ability to do anything at all but sit their and twiddle my thumbs for hours just because some slackers who don't want to earn their isk honestly decide to crowd a system and one shot anyone they can, you people really should be locked up

OK, it looks like someone has absolutely no clue as to how this game works, so let me enlighten you a little bit. Eve Online is a PvP game, plain and simple. The moment you hit the "Undock" button on your NeoCom, you are consenting to PvP, even in so called "safe" High-Sec. As the Goons have been proving, the only places that are truly safe are an NPC station or a safe spot with a CovOps Cloak.

Now, the way I see it, you have a few options. You can either:
A) Quit the game.
B) Grow a pair and fight back.
C) Move to a different region.
D) Find something else to do.

Hell, if you have some liquid ISK to invest, start buying the modules they usually use at a low-ish price a few regions away and then bring them in and make some mad cash off the Gooons' suicidal new project. You have all sorts of avenues open to you to get around their ganking and have fun/make money but instead you're here whining and crying cause they blew up your favourite toy. Eve is a very cruel and unforgiving environment. If you're looking for hugs, sunshine, and fields of flowers where everyone gets along, Hello Kitty Island is =========> that-a-way.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#224 - 2011-10-09 15:49:24 UTC
Dyner wrote:
KaarBaak wrote:
Alidar wrote:
oh and btw since i posted this thread i have gotten over 3000 DoS attacks to my router, lucky me they don't work through my security protocols, also lucky me the ip addresses responsible for them get recorded and traced by my system, and rest assured, police will be called in the morning

How.....?

But...why.....?

Oh for the love of....stop....just....stop.

Didn't you know? He's "impotent".
FYP

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

eatsbabies cienfuegos
The Sound Of Freedom
Infinitum Imperium
#225 - 2011-10-09 15:57:05 UTC
Alidar wrote:
Why do PvP'ers act like terrorists to others who dislike PvP?

it's unfair, childish, rude, and in reality crimially insane, is this a game or a terrorist training camp?

atleast let us set a PvP status, other games do it, and don't say that makes it less fun, what fun can come from picking on someone who doesn't wish to fight you, bullies the lot of you Pffft....

if it was 50 years ago would you call us 'communists' instead?

the truth is: PVP is what makes the game exciting. everything else is fluff.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#226 - 2011-10-09 15:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
I looked up BRABODEN in game. I then realised we had set them red. Then I realised it was because they are all as ******** as OP.

Still, when they try to camp your WH in a 400mil stealth bomber they're pretty welcome to have around. (EDIT: links still don't ******* work, so copy-paste http://www.suddenbuggery.com/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=1667)

Further reading: I never wanted that Carrier anyway

tl;dr - I don't think OP is trolling. Flame on.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#227 - 2011-10-09 16:00:31 UTC
Alidar wrote:

it's unfair, childish, rude, and in reality crimially insane, is this a game or a terrorist training camp?

atleast let us set a PvP status, other games do it, and don't say that makes it less fun, what fun can come from picking on someone who doesn't wish to fight you, bullies the lot of you Pffft....

Gankers aren't interested in pew pew, they are interested in taking your ISK and or causing you tears.

Don't try to make sense out of it, you can't, cause you are dealing with a bunch of teenagers.
They are lashing out any way they can, just pity them and move on.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#228 - 2011-10-09 16:08:03 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
Alidar wrote:

Gankers aren't interested in pew pew, they are interested in taking your ISK and or causing you tears.

Don't try to make sense out of it, you can't, cause you are dealing with a bunch of teenagers.
They are lashing out any way they can, just pity them and move on.

its true my mom never loved me

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

ChYph3r
Omni Defense Corp.
#229 - 2011-10-09 16:08:55 UTC
Alidar wrote:

Ummmm yeah, If ya dont like it go back to freakin WoW. With the rest of the fairy lovers!

Want to find all the podcasts around EVE Online visit http://evepodcasts.com @chyph3r  on Twitter

Hestia Mar
Calmaretto
#230 - 2011-10-09 16:12:45 UTC
Sarrilai Snipershot wrote:
Alidar wrote:
luZk wrote:
EVE does have two "I dont want to pvp buttons" fyi. One is called cloak and is installed on your ship, the other is called "dock" and is found in your overview in station systems.

oh so i am just supposed to run and hide without the ability to do anything at all but sit their and twiddle my thumbs for hours just because some slackers who don't want to earn their isk honestly decide to crowd a system and one shot anyone they can, you people really should be locked up

OK, it looks like someone has absolutely no clue as to how this game works, so let me enlighten you a little bit. Eve Online is a PvP game, plain and simple. The moment you hit the "Undock" button on your NeoCom, you are consenting to PvP, even in so called "safe" High-Sec. As the Goons have been proving, the only places that are truly safe are an NPC station or a safe spot with a CovOps Cloak.

Now, the way I see it, you have a few options. You can either:
A) Quit the game.
B) Grow a pair and fight back.
C) Move to a different region.
D) Find something else to do.

Hell, if you have some liquid ISK to invest, start buying the modules they usually use at a low-ish price a few regions away and then bring them in and make some mad cash off the Gooons' suicidal new project. You have all sorts of avenues open to you to get around their ganking and have fun/make money but instead you're here whining and crying cause they blew up your favourite toy. Eve is a very cruel and unforgiving environment. If you're looking for hugs, sunshine, and fields of flowers where everyone gets along, Hello Kitty Island is =========> that-a-way.

Look - we need to clear up this "if you undock you consent to PvP" rubbish...it's complete bollocks.

Look at real life - when you leave your house, do you 'consent' to being mugged? No you don't , but you do accept that it could happen, but there are deterrents in place to help guard against it happening.

I have to ask, where are the actual empire forces in all of this - surely if the Gallente Federation's economy is being manipulated in this fashion, and not to their benefit, they would be doing something about it and not sitting back and allow 'invaders' to come in ruin their empire for them (look at the two most protectionist countries in the real world, China and the US - would they allow this to happen?)...so its not Concord that should be taking action, but the Gallente Navy. But, because the whole game mechanic for these actions is, while not broken, unrealistic, the Goons can do what they want.

On top of the post-Incarna Perpetuum effect which severely reduced player numbers, I suspect that there are many 'casual gamers - those who come on to mine and hang out with their corpies (in other words, the silent majority) who will probably think "screw this" as a waste of my monthly subscription. And of course now people are being offered a protection racket to get 'grey' standings with the Goons - who will probably gank them anyway!

As for making modules to sell to the Goons - why would I want to help someone screw the game even more?

I won't unsubscribe and will do other stuff to fill in my time online - but that means I'm playing someone else's EVE online, not mine.

H Ugh
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#231 - 2011-10-09 16:16:39 UTC
Because in EVE Online, the terrorists do win.

(And we are all thankful for that. If you are not thankful, and do not want the terrorists to win, then go play SW:TOR, WOW, or GOP Online.)
David Grogan
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#232 - 2011-10-09 16:21:32 UTC  |  Edited by: David Grogan
i find that most pvper's are ok and understand the need for industrialists

but you do get a good few immature kids that like to be a schoolyard bully in this sandbox game.

they hide behind their insecurities by bullying those defenceless players such as noobs and miners cos its easier than dealing with having small todgers or have yet to come out of closets in real life or something but i guess we'll never know.

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

Lexmana
#233 - 2011-10-09 16:22:49 UTC
Hestia Mar wrote:
Look - we need to clear up this "if you undock you consent to PvP" rubbish...it's complete bollocks.

Yeah, you are right. It should read: "if you register you consent to PvP"
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#234 - 2011-10-09 16:24:59 UTC
Hestia Mar wrote:

Look at real life - when you leave your house, do you 'consent' to being mugged? No you don't , but you do accept that it could happen, but there are deterrents in place to help guard against it happening.

I have to ask, where are the actual empire forces in all of this - surely if the Gallente Federation's economy is being manipulated in this fashion, and not to their benefit, they would be doing something about it and not sitting back and allow 'invaders' to come in ruin their empire for them (look at the two most protectionist countries in the real world, China and the US - would they allow this to happen?)...so its not Concord that should be taking action, but the Gallente Navy. But, because the whole game mechanic for these actions is, while not broken, unrealistic, the Goons can do what they want.

On top of the post-Incarna Perpetuum effect which severely reduced player numbers, I suspect that there are many 'casual gamers - those who come on to mine and hang out with their corpies (in other words, the silent majority) who will probably think "screw this" as a waste of my monthly subscription. And of course now people are being offered a protection racket to get 'grey' standings with the Goons - who will probably gank them anyway!

As for making modules to sell to the Goons - why would I want to help someone screw the game even more?

I won't unsubscribe and will do other stuff to fill in my time online - but that means I'm playing someone else's EVE online, not mine.

H Ugh

Sorry, but your argument falls apart with the "real life" comparison. Yes, when you undock, you automatically consent to losing your ship. The Concord mechanic does not exist to make high-sec safe, it exists to create an illusion of safety, and at the very least to make gankers weigh the costs (ship+fittings minus insurance) against the benefits (loot from your ship, recipient's rage, whatever)

You are a lot like the idiots who cry about Hulkageddons.

KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#235 - 2011-10-09 16:25:12 UTC
Hestia Mar wrote:

Look at real life...

Eve is a "Real Life Simulator?"

If so, it's failing in more areas than PvP.

Dum Spiro Spero

Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#236 - 2011-10-09 16:26:11 UTC
I am certain that acting like a brat to people who are responding to your thread is going to go well for the OP.

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#237 - 2011-10-09 16:27:25 UTC
David Grogan wrote:
i find that most pvper's are ok and understand the need for industrialists

but you do get a good few immature kids that like to be a schoolyard bully in this sandbox game.

they hide behind their insecurities by bullying those defenceless players such as noobs and miners cos its easier than dealing with having small todgers or have yet to come out of closets in real life or something but i guess we'll never know.

please tell me more about your degree in armchair psychology

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#238 - 2011-10-09 16:36:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Still, when they try to camp your WH in a 400mil stealth bomber they're pretty welcome to have around.
What the… how the… why… UGH! Ugh
Well, that clears things up immensely, to be honest.
Hestia Mar wrote:
…apart from it being 100 percent true, that is. When you undock log in, you do so into a full-PvP environment and agree to pretty much anything anyone else might do to you. You are given all the tools you need to prevent this from happening and from there on, it's your choice how things play out.
Quote:
Look at real life
No, let's not. Instead, look at these oven mitts shaped and textured like a tiny piggy with its omgzcute snout and tail… Why? Because those mitts are roughly 80 percent more relevant to what happens in-game than real life.
Quote:
when you leave your house, do you 'consent' to being mugged?
Actually you do, due to the tiny detail you left out: that you willingly moved to Mugger's Lane, Robbersville, in the northern part of WeNickYourStuffistan — a street, city and nation where the… ehm… let's call it “unplanned redistribution of property“ is the national sport, universal pass-time and, not the least, the accepted way to say “good morning” to your next-door neighbour (in fact, your neighbour would consider you outright rude and tell on you to the local McCarthy-wannabe if you ever accidentally returned that lawn-mower you “borrowed” five summers ago).
Quote:
I have to ask, where are the actual empire forces in all of this
As little involved as they can get away with is where they are, for we are capsuleers — immortal demigods that do not answer to their impotent courts and legal systems (and, with the wealth of plants at our personal disposal, we'd just buy the court and everyone in it if they ever tried to drag us in there)

So mighty are we that they had to hand over the handling of us to a special cross-empire entity that extensively uses cheats and backdoors to make us stop tearing up the neighbourhood. But again, there is that wealth of planets bit, and this institution is just as easily corrupted as any other and will happily avert their eyes for a nominal fee.

Sure, the empires themselves might give some token resistance if we offend them and stray into their space, but that's just for show and to placate the plebs — their actual tactics show that they just prefer it if we simply sod off and bother someone else.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#239 - 2011-10-09 16:41:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Hestia Mar wrote:

Look at real life...........
RL comparisons with Eve are fail.

But you are correct in a way, that you don't even need to undock to consent to PvP, for the game is PvP centric. Almost everything we do in Eve is PvP.

Beat to the punch by Tippia yet again. P

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Ryan Startalker Zhang
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#240 - 2011-10-09 16:44:27 UTC
@OP

You sir had came to the wrong universe. This is EVE, not Earth. EVE is real, but it's different reality from your definition of law and justice.

Read more Chronicles. It would help you understand that.