These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Let me update skill cue and market in EVE Gate

First post
Author
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-07-10 10:25:03 UTC
Gordrath wrote:
Halete wrote:

Not all PLEX are bought, but true enough.

eh, what? Shocked

... Not all PLEX generated are bought with money. They're also awarded through multiple promotions. My point was more along the lines that 'CCP wants money' would be valid. But the notion 'CCP wants YOUR money' by making you log in is fallacy.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Kadeyoo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-07-10 11:01:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadeyoo
Halete wrote:
Gordrath wrote:
Halete wrote:

Not all PLEX are bought, but true enough.

eh, what? Shocked

... Not all PLEX generated are bought with money. They're also awarded through multiple promotions. My point was more along the lines that 'CCP wants money' would be valid. But the notion 'CCP wants YOUR money' by making you log in is fallacy.

Yup, it does not matter whether you play or not. Your account needs PLEXing no matter whether you actively play or not. One could even argue CCP does not want you to play, so they can cut costs on their server hardware and optimization. Less players = less costs = more profit. Amirite?

CCP had originally planned (and this was stated officially in several places - just too lazy to dig it up) to allow changing your skill queue in EVE Gate. That was like 2 years ago. It has been asked for many many times since then, but nothing has been stated to the best of my knowledge. It's likely that either they are too busy working on Dust 719 (see what I did here?), or they never intended to go through with it. Either way, I don't think we're gonna see it this year for sure, maybe never.
Maleenova
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-07-11 09:30:20 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Maleenova wrote:
I know most eve players are home every night and have access to their beloved high speed internet. For some we are business travelers trotting the globe to make a living. Others are busy at their office and do not have access (fire wall) on their company network.

I like EVE because even when I am overseas working I can still gain skills. My problem and that of other workers is that we often don't have available high speed internet for those huge patches or network access.

I beg you CCP take EVE Gate to the next level and allow skill cue updates and market transactions so players can use their web browser to access those services.

XOXOXO

Might I suggest getting a better job, if it is that much of a concern for you.

LOL a better job, I am an oilfield engineer that works less than 6 months/year and am paid fairly well. Tax free I might add. I travel the world all expenses paid and stay in some very nice hotels. Problem I have is that even fancy hotels tend to have bandwith limits.

So no a better job is not the answer. Honestly I don't use the market except to purchase items really, I just want to be able to update my skill cue without having to download huge updates.
Maleenova
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-07-11 09:43:19 UTC
dexington wrote:
Making any kind of web interface to manage market orders, would just flood the market with bots. I guess a web based interface to manage your skill queue could be okay, but the would be close to the same thing a removing the skill queue, it would not take much afford to expand applications like evemon to automatically update you queue. So why go through the trouble of making the web interface when it's easier to just remove the skill queue?.

You do have some options to manage you character while away from home, eve does run off a memory stick. You can use software like hamachi to VPN trough firewalled networks, and connect to your computer at home and access eve using vnc. Playing eve using VNC does not really allow you to do anything but managing market orders and setting skills, but it works, and it solves the problem of downloading updates with limited bandwidth.

I did try that however since I am away from home for extended periods my home computer either restarts itself or a long power failure drains the UPS battery. I have it password protected at boot up and don't want to share my password with anyone as I backup business files on it.

Thanks for the constructive suggestion.
Previous page12