These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Defected Amarrian moves to Pator

Author
George Whitebread
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-07-11 00:12:19 UTC
So, I've just settled down on Vakir after my defection from the Amarr Empire. What's next for the "good Amarrian". How do I adapt to Minmatar society, and furthermore, will your people accept me despite my ancestry?

"I say what I like, and I like what I bloody well say" - George Whitebread

Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#2 - 2012-07-11 00:21:20 UTC
Gotta ethnically be Minmatar to be Minmatar, I'm afraid, no matter what the liberals say.

Better off in the Federation.
George Whitebread
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-07-11 00:29:19 UTC  |  Edited by: George Whitebread
That's too sad. The people at Republic Fleet seems all right to me. I've done many missions for them in Molden Heath the last couple of weeks, and I've not faced any trouble with the locals there so far. But maybe the more peripheral regions have less choices when it comes to picking and choosing their pilots?

I'll give it a shot here in Heimatar, but I might move out to Molden Heath if things gets nasty. Becoming a Gallente citizen isn't an option at the moment, considering who my employer is.

Thanks for the heads up though. Blink

George Whitebread
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-07-11 00:29:54 UTC

Nuran Mukadder
Chor Aurea
#5 - 2012-07-11 01:36:56 UTC
George Whitebread wrote:
maybe the more peripheral regions have less choices when it comes to picking and choosing their pilots?

I do not think it's a matter of pilot availability, but rather of perspective.

The companies that hire you see a capsuleer at their disposal; they profit enormously by hiring you. So if you pursue credits, they will be available.

But to the local capsuleer community - or, at least, those who really matters - you are a defector with no past, unproven. How can they be sure you're not just a very expensive spy? You now walk between two worlds: no longer trusted in Amarr space, not yet trusted by the Republic.

I'll keep my own opinion to myself, and wish you enlightenment and achievement of your purpose in life. But if i can offer an advice - choose your path wisely, and embrace the responsibilities and consequences that comes with it.
Kazzzi
Heathen Legion
Iron Men of the Hood
#6 - 2012-07-11 02:21:23 UTC
I feel I am one of the most qualified people to help someone in your situation. Unfortunately, I, undoubtably like most Matari folks, will doubt your sincerity since you are just a college kid. If you really are serious though, feel free to contact me.

My best advice for now, go to Rens and enjoy the free ice cream.
Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-07-11 05:08:29 UTC
George Whitebread wrote:
So, I've just settled down on Vakir after my defection from the Amarr Empire. What's next for the "good Amarrian". How do I adapt to Minmatar society, and furthermore, will your people accept me despite my ancestry?

You might start with leaving the employment of the Imperial Academy and finding something more suitable to your abilities.

I hear Interbus is hiring.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-07-11 06:03:12 UTC
Molden Heath? The only thing there to see is me.

If you're asking if I will ever accept you as Matari - of course not, you'll never be Minmatar.

If however you're asking whether I can come to trust an Amarrian who once supported the Empire - perhaps, perhaps not. I suppose time will tell that, won't it?

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#9 - 2012-07-11 06:46:36 UTC
Kazzzi wrote:

My best advice for now, go to Rens and enjoy the free ice cream.

This, the Raspberry ripple is to die for. Though I had to pay for mine.....
Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#10 - 2012-07-11 07:16:22 UTC
When I first glanced at the subject, I thought that it said "Defective Amarrian moves to Pator."

After reading the thread, I think that it would have been a better title.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Los Muertas
HDYLTA
#11 - 2012-07-11 07:19:08 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
When I first glanced at the subject, I thought that it said "Defective Amarrian moves to Pator."

After reading the thread, I think that it would have been a better title.

I threw up all over myself when I realized that I agree with a slaver on a subject...but I do on this one.
Theobar Cresthill
The Arzad Hamri Fellowship
#12 - 2012-07-11 11:39:22 UTC
Why did you defect? The reason should determine your next step.

"The fire in our hearts burns for salvation, redemption, and grace. May the Word of God grant you the courage to save yourself and your people" (The Last Words of Arzad Hamri)

Benjamin Eastwood
#13 - 2012-07-11 12:43:19 UTC
The Gallente are always welcoming of everything. I'm sure you'll have less of a quandry to ponder if you move there. Just my .02 ISK

"Endless ISK, the sinews of war"

Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#14 - 2012-07-11 13:21:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Makkal Hanaya
Protip: Don't run out and get a cool tattoo like your Minmatar buddies'. I once saw a Galletean kid getting his teeth kicked in for just that.

Other than that, ignore the nay-sayers. Nail your colors to the mast and set sail in the direction you've chosen. If you believe in what the Minmatar stand for, it doesn't matter what the Minmatar think of you. If all you're after is the approval of others, you should have stayed in Amarr and been a good boy.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-07-11 14:07:54 UTC
We prefer the term 'Cultural Enrichment' to 'kicking his teeth in'.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Amaki Mai
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-07-11 18:39:04 UTC
As someone who ALSO found herself doing a few missions for the Republic Fleet during a dark part of her life, my advice is to keep your head down and try to live life as normal. Other advice would be to trust nobody and sleep with a gun under your bed, some of your new neighbours are every bit as zealous in their hatred as a parochial holder on coronation day.

Also, don't feel that you've burned all your bridges forever. The truth is that Capsuleers have a lot of freedom to have 'crises of conscience' and explore other options. I came back to the Empire eventually and whilst I may not be as trusted as, say, Cardinal Graelyn, I haven't had any problems finding work and settling in.

REALLY don't get the tattoo though.
Theobar Cresthill
The Arzad Hamri Fellowship
#17 - 2012-07-11 19:01:40 UTC
Build new credibility slowly and patiently. Perhaps go to work for the SOE. Don't force it. Don't expect too much; too much acceptance too soon. Work according to your convictions, not just to impress others.

"The fire in our hearts burns for salvation, redemption, and grace. May the Word of God grant you the courage to save yourself and your people" (The Last Words of Arzad Hamri)

George Whitebread
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-07-11 21:52:14 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
Protip: Don't run out and get a cool tattoo like your Minmatar buddies'. I once saw a Galletean kid getting his teeth kicked out for just that.

Amaki Mai wrote:
REALLY don't get the tattoo though.

You don't have to worry too much about that part. I just saw this show on TV the other night, I believe it was called "Lustrevik Ink." or something like that... People in the tattoo business seem like shady people if you ask me.

Even though I like the Minmatar people quite well, I'll try to stick to the more conservative walks of life within the Republic for now.

William Nimitz
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-07-12 01:38:17 UTC
Theobar Cresthill wrote:
Why did you defect?
I too would be interested in hearing your reasoning for betra.... leaving the most ancient Amarr empire for the boondock ghettos that are the Minmatar republic. Also, if you're truely intent on spending your immortal life in such places, perhaps you might find the Derelik region more receptive.

It is a symptom of madness that thoughts become uncontrollably disjointed. This can be encouraged.

Henry Kaine
Royal Amarr Institute
#20 - 2012-07-12 02:52:06 UTC
You can leave the Amarr, but will the Amarr ever leave you? I've sat many a lone nights on a solitary bench in a station wondering that.
123Next pageLast page