These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Interested in the state of Faction Warfare? Listen to our recent Round Table discussion....

First post
Author
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#41 - 2012-07-11 00:25:55 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Having to constantly upgrade the systems to maintain your LP payout introduces alot more stress to the winning team.

'We upgraded it those systems last time. It's your turn.' 'You said you'd defend our systems during your time zone. They're all plexed down!' 'Someone needs to leave the fleet and head back to the rear systems.'

Hahahahah this was my thoughts exactly. You want to add even more fun to the mix, move dockblocking to a system upgrade.

"GODDAMN IT VORDAK, IT WAS YOUR TURN TO UPGRADE THE IHUB TODAY!! NOW THOSE ****ING AMARR ARE ALL UP IN OUR **** AGAIN"

Twisted

Both would do wonders for creating more conflict, and would also go a long way towards bleeding the rather obscene amount of LP floating around these days....

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Shalassason
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-07-11 00:34:11 UTC
And on the topic of LP-multipliers: Wouldn't 80/100/140/220/380 be much better than the present 25/50/100/200/400 ?

P.S: @Cearain I've put the notification and plex thing into a new thread, I think it's very worth talking about
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#43 - 2012-07-11 01:32:35 UTC
Hans:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=127225&find=unread

The link button isn't working from my cell tonight. But the above were some ideas I had.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#44 - 2012-07-11 01:39:24 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Having to constantly upgrade the systems to maintain your LP payout introduces alot more stress to the winning team.

'We upgraded it those systems last time. It's your turn.' 'You said you'd defend our systems during your time zone. They're all plexed down!' 'Someone needs to leave the fleet and head back to the rear systems.'

With this systems players will potentially be getting 40k lp per minor plex. They will be getting 120k lp for a mission. Plus that lp will not really be all that valuable. So throwing the lp around won't be that hard. I really don't know what to think of it tbh.

I think the current mechanics actually make for a wealthier faction war as a whole. I think the losing side should be able to develp strategies to get back to tier 5 themselves and then they will be able to cash out. But we still need see how this sorts itself out.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

subtle turtle
Doozer Mining Cartel
#45 - 2012-07-11 01:41:38 UTC
Good roundtable, interesting discussion. I know the discussion of LP being "worthless" for Amarr is true, I have about 500k LP for 24th that is barely enough to get a navy omen, and frankly I've stopped plexing entirely because of that.

What about possibly untying LP from the "button" mechanic and give LP rewards for NPC kills? So if I want to AFK a plex and grind system sov I can still do that, and gain warzone control, but to actually receive LP from the plex I would have to kill all the NPCs?
BolsterBomb
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-07-11 02:26:24 UTC
I havent finished reading all the replies...Im actually playing :)

I think its cheesy from both fronts because the Amar have no interest in bettering their space. They are only interested in it for the isk instead of the mechanics.

The gals are NOT even close to the same boat as the Amar you simply want to use someone elses work to achieve free ships.

The mechanics allow it but its still cheesy .

You cant use the amar's excuse

And I disagree witth Amar coming over.

Brig General of The Caldari State

"Don" Bolsterbomb

Traitor and Ex Luminaire General of The Gallente Federation

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#47 - 2012-07-11 02:29:12 UTC
From my time in Cal Mil (before inferno) I didn't mind plexing tbh. It was easy enough to do in a pvp fit ship of the 'correct' size to enter the plex.

One thing have wondered about is why LP wasn't based on NPC kills or tags being handed in. The warzone control is important enough to get some LP but at a reduced amount as warzone control give other advantages i.e stations and repair/LPstore benefits.

Make it so tags give LP when handed in. And make it so players drop tags for their current rank when they are killed in pvp. This doesn't stop the plexer's in unfitted frigs but makes it so much less profitable than actually shooting something. The PVE aspect of plexing should stay imo as it allows more casual players get a bit of pvp as well, rather than trying to make FW a 'hardcore' pvp'er only activity.....

I don't get why the 'I only FW for pvp' crowd are complaining so much.....FW has never stopped you from pvp'ing at all, ever!

PVP is the backbone the FW is based on with pve sides (missions/plexing)

I have thought about returning to FW but the silly amount of unfit frigs plexing just makes me shake my head and look for my next target instead...

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Malakai Asamov
Van Diemen's Demise
Northern Coalition.
#48 - 2012-07-11 04:34:14 UTC
The tier system should not be applied to the whole faction.

It maybe better applied at corp level or an individual pilot level and require meeting several criteria on a regular basis to maintain a tier level. If you stop plexing/pvping/donating lp/mission running you/your corp/your alliance loose its tier level.

Why does someone elses actions that i have nothing to do with effect my "loyalty" to my faction? positivley or negativley.

Im in mini fw btw.

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#49 - 2012-07-11 05:55:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Messenger
only solution to make FW work is to remove all carebearing factors , remove special LP store, lower lp amount of plexes and missions.

and also remove docking denial, it does not add pvp it reduces it.

Question is , do you want to have easy ISK FARM or do you want to FIGHT ENDLESS WAR?

We can clearly see that LP store with changing offers does not work, everyone just changed to better side and are not willing to ruin good isk farm, by taking systems from minmatar.

But i am sure Hans will say things are fine, because he is on minmatar side. It does not matter if FW works or not.

Whole fw turned carebearing when Ankh managed to get lp store boost for FW

EDIT: maybe we have to wait until minmatar gets medal before we can see any changes.
Yuri Intaki
Nasranite Watch
#50 - 2012-07-11 06:17:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Yuri Intaki
chatgris wrote:
And sure, we have plenty of space to plex, but guess what? Last I checked Caldari plexes almost double the nearest militia - even the dominating Minmatar. You have successfully leveraged your militias superior numbers to your advantage, and I don't see us being able to counter that anytime soon. In the meantime, I'll continue to resist but get LP worth a damn.

And when Amarr runs out of systems, then what? Every locust swarm heads to Black Rise and props up Gallente militia. Hell, I think this is already occurring and some people are even using a certain loophole in the system to further their gains.

So basicly we in Caldari militia leadership are taking some steps and with some luck and critical mass, we can use said loophole to make complete mockery of things, perhaps even finally kill FW for good or at least in it's current form.

Edit: As Bad Messenger said. When Ankh wanted to revamp lp store and boost missions, we in Caldari warned it would turn FW into a mission grinding fest. It happened and Caldari were blamed for suddenly exploiting system with farming grounds in Oicx & Ladi/Vifre.

Then CCP wanted to turn plexes to loyalty point ATM's, again Caldari warned what would happen. CCP went ahead with it anyway and again, Caldari predictions more or less came true and again, Caldari get the blame for exploiting things since we can speed tank plexes and make LP (well duh...welcome to last decade again).

See the pattern? If it concerns FW, ask a Caldari (= Damar Rocarion or Bad Messenger). Lots of people know little, few know quite much but in some regards there are only couple of guys who have full grasp of things. To make silly real life compramison, you would not ask G. W. Bush to explain you about history of the Middle-East, you would ask this man.
Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#51 - 2012-07-11 06:28:17 UTC
All I know is that once the Winter expansion is released, people will need to accept that version of FW as the finale.

Knowing CCP, they will not be devoting any more time to FW beyond the winter expansion. They will be focusing their developing on other aspects of EVE. Just saying it now.

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#52 - 2012-07-11 12:02:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Zarnak Wulf wrote:

Hahahahah this was my thoughts exactly. You want to add even more fun to the mix, move dockblocking to a system upgrade.

"GODDAMN IT VORDAK, IT WAS YOUR TURN TO UPGRADE THE IHUB TODAY!! NOW THOSE ****ING AMARR ARE ALL UP IN OUR **** AGAIN"

Twisted

Both would do wonders for creating more conflict, and would also go a long way towards bleeding the rather obscene amount of LP floating around these days....

Realistically I don't think amarr would start basing out of a system if they new minmatar just had to throw some lp at the system to lock them out.

As far as flipping the consequences system.

I fear that this would ultimately lead to neither would upgrade their space at all. The tiers go so fast that you would have to constantly be throwing lp at it. We would still get lp for plexing but there would probably be even less interest in capturing systems.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Aylin Aslim
Memintolar Tombikto
#53 - 2012-07-11 12:25:11 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
only solution to make FW work is to remove all carebearing factors , remove special LP store, lower lp amount of plexes and missions.

and also remove docking denial, it does not add pvp it reduces it.

Question is , do you want to have easy ISK FARM or do you want to FIGHT ENDLESS WAR?

We can clearly see that LP store with changing offers does not work, everyone just changed to better side and are not willing to ruin good isk farm, by taking systems from minmatar.

But i am sure Hans will say things are fine, because he is on minmatar side. It does not matter if FW works or not.

Whole fw turned carebearing when Ankh managed to get lp store boost for FW

EDIT: maybe we have to wait until minmatar gets medal before we can see any changes.

there should be a reason to get people out.
This is eve, the hardest part of PVP is to find someone to fight.

there should be reasons to go out and right now plexing & lp is the reason.

Do you really want to fix FW and pvp? make FW affect highsec, give some penalties on bounties and loots or something else, then there will be pvp.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#54 - 2012-07-11 12:41:03 UTC
Yuri Intaki wrote:
chatgris wrote:
And sure, we have plenty of space to plex, but guess what? Last I checked Caldari plexes almost double the nearest militia - even the dominating Minmatar. You have successfully leveraged your militias superior numbers to your advantage, and I don't see us being able to counter that anytime soon. In the meantime, I'll continue to resist but get LP worth a damn.

And when Amarr runs out of systems, then what? Every locust swarm heads to Black Rise and props up Gallente militia. ].

Thats why instead of calling amarr who join caldari and continue to fight on the amarr front cheesy, you should encourage this. People joining caldari and fighting on the amarr front are not doing it to run caldari missions which does nothing but cheapen your store. Moreover the pvp itself doesn't really help much.

The main reason we would do this is to get better pay for plexing. By preventing a complete collapse and forcing minmatar to stay here we are helping you quite a bit.

Yuri Intaki wrote:

Hell, I think this is already occurring and some people are even using a certain loophole in the system to further their gains.

So basicly we in Caldari militia leadership are taking some steps and with some luck and critical mass, we can use said loophole to make complete mockery of things, perhaps even finally kill FW for good or at least in it's current form..

I love guessing games.

Ok I don't think you will try to do what goons did.

Are you going to all join your alts corps in the minmatar and gallente and win all the caldari systems back?

Yuri Intaki wrote:

Edit: As Bad Messenger said. When Ankh wanted to revamp lp store and boost missions, we in Caldari warned it would turn FW into a mission grinding fest. It happened and Caldari were blamed for suddenly exploiting system with farming grounds in Oicx & Ladi/Vifre.

Then CCP wanted to turn plexes to loyalty point ATM's, again Caldari warned what would happen. CCP went ahead with it anyway and again, Caldari predictions more or less came true and again, Caldari get the blame for exploiting things since we can speed tank plexes and make LP (well duh...welcome to last decade again).

See the pattern? If it concerns FW, ask a Caldari (= Damar Rocarion or Bad Messenger). Lots of people know little, few know quite much but in some regards there are only couple of guys who have full grasp of things. To make silly real life compramison, you would not ask G. W. Bush to explain you about history of the Middle-East, you would ask this man.

I certainly never blamed you for taking advantage of problems with fw. I, at least, agree with you that it is important that we play the game as rationally as possible. That is the only way ccp can identify flaws in the game. I agree that to have a game rely on scouts honor not to do certain things is agreeing to failure.

Yuri Intaki
Nasranite Watch
#55 - 2012-07-11 13:12:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Yuri Intaki
Cearain wrote:
Thats why instead of calling amarr who join caldari and continue to fight on the amarr front cheesy, you should encourage this. People joining caldari and fighting on the amarr front are not doing it to run caldari missions which does nothing but cheapen your store. Moreover the pvp itself doesn't really help much.

Heh, at no stage I was critical of Amarr militia members joining Caldari. I was critical of Minmatar plexers who are already salivating about the prospect of continuing their farming in Caldari occupied space. We gladly take more "blueshirts" to fight for the cause. Perhaps in couple of months FW is indeed Red vs Blue.

Sadly we in Caldari just might have to s.it on the sandbox and make everyone suffer (before our sandbox gets shitted on) since we refuse to go down quietly in face of overwhelming farmer numbers that is combined Gallente/Matar militia LP printing machine since we cannot be sure they would not use the loophole which exists in system and which i'm sure some of their CEO's already know of.
Gunthar X
State War Academy
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-07-11 13:56:25 UTC
Warning Wall of Text: Mostly directed toward the CSM and CCP.

Ok FW comes down to this, it is a game not a job if I have to spend every waking moment I am online running plexes for nothing I get bored and stop playing.

This focus on PVE and Sov warfare has turned FW into a farmers dream and has in most cases destroyed the fun that was FW. Let’s assume that the intention behind CCP’s changes was to force more PVP by increasing the amount of hands on work needed to further your militia’s goals. This is only relevant if people actually care about the militia they are a member of if I could care less if the Amarr own a single system how would this new group of mechanics force me to help? For example, 90% of the “RP” players for the Amarr have either left or are overwhelmed by the farming alts of the Minni’s and even farming alts of the Amarr so they are either regulated to beating their heads against a wall day in and day out or leaving to do something more fun.

I will state it again EVE is a game not a job if you want people to care about FW then make it rewarding to PVP in FW and kill your enemy instead of making it profitable for those who can use a 1 month old alt to orbit a button and make billions. It should be an epic struggle between factions not an epic struggle to cash out your horded gold so you can show off your wallet.
As for the Caldari militia they have had the advantage of an army of farmer alts which has allowed their mainline PVP groups and leadership to worry about strategic planning instead of spending days on end plexing down a ton of systems so the current system is working out well for them at the moment however with the fall of the Amarr the combined group of the Gallente PVP corps and the Minni farming alts will quickly overwhelm the Caldari through sheer numbers. If you want to counter that and show the FW community that you actually care about it then reverse this 4X LP cost crap so the Amarr can at least buy ships and reset their space so they actually stand a chance, unless it was your intention to ensure the minni’s had a massive advantage on patch day.

There have been countless threads showing how the Amarr are at a massive disadvantage in numbers, ship effectiveness, space design, and plex NPC’s yet its 100% their fault they have less than 10 systems. While I do agree that there are groups within the Amarr militia that could make a huge difference in the course of that war they have chosen to enjoy their FW experience and the rest of FW is punished for it resulting in the Minni militia being able to hit Tier 5 almost at will and the farmers to rake in billions of ISK.

Once again EVE is a game and meant to be fun not a job so if you want to fix FW take the PVE core away from it and make PVP and fun rule the experience not a savings and loan bank filled with government bailout money. If FW players wanted Sov battles and blob warfare they would have joined a 0.0 alliance but they didn’t they joined their militia so they could have fun and fight the good fight for their militia.

Countless times before the latest patch the player base told CCP that this was a bad idea and that this would happen and they were ignored, many people stood up and told you that this would only result in exploitation of the mechanics but were dismissed as doomsayers. Now we are here with the Minni’s taking the majority of Amarr space before patch night and beating them down further with farmers, and the Caldari are next on the list for the farmers and CCP cannot fathom why this happened.

EVE is OUR game not just CCP’s game. I understand that CCP has a vision and an overall goal but we play this game daily, we see how to exploit CCP decisions, and we pass that information along to you through our CSM’s yet the only people ever listened to are those who will benefit from the changes you want to make while those of us who actually care about things such as FW are ignored as doomsayers until time and again they are proven correct. Stop putting your head in your “sandbox” and start listening to those people who care just as much if not more for your game as you do. We operate in your sandbox daily and we know how to game your system so when we tell you that if you make this decision this is how people are going to exploit it to make money then listen to us not those individuals who have zero interest in things such as FW.

Yes I am aware I am not currently in the Militia.
BolsterBomb
Perkone
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-07-11 13:58:07 UTC
Gunthar X wrote:

You have just joined that annoying Cerasian guy Shocked

Brig General of The Caldari State

"Don" Bolsterbomb

Traitor and Ex Luminaire General of The Gallente Federation

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#58 - 2012-07-11 14:49:25 UTC
BolsterBomb wrote:
Gunthar X wrote:

You have just joined that annoying Cerasian guy Shocked

How do you get so much misinformation?

You are also the guy who posted how disappointed you were that hans was not leading the amarr to victory. Just saying. P

Soon you will be on the same team as that cheesy Cerasian guy.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#59 - 2012-07-11 14:53:22 UTC
Yuri Intaki wrote:

...Sadly we in Caldari just might have to s.it on the sandbox and make everyone suffer (before our sandbox gets shitted on) since we refuse to go down quietly in face of overwhelming farmer numbers that is combined Gallente/Matar militia LP printing machine since we cannot be sure they would not use the loophole which exists in system and which i'm sure some of their CEO's already know of.

If you are trolling, I admit I am biting. I am very curious what the loophole is. I am aware of some things that some might consider a loophole. But I don't think they are anything that big of a deal.

Yuri Intaki
Nasranite Watch
#60 - 2012-07-11 15:00:56 UTC
Cearain wrote:
If you are trolling, I admit I am biting. I am very curious what the loophole is. I am aware of some things that some might consider a loophole. But I don't think they are anything that big of a deal.

Not trolling, just admitting there is a massive screw up which CCP has not spotted (surprising, eh?) and which might result in last shreds of FW going down the s.itters.