These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Interested in the state of Faction Warfare? Listen to our recent Round Table discussion....

First post
Author
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#21 - 2012-07-10 20:34:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Hans Jagerblitzen
Simyaldee wrote:
how'd they decide who was going to be a guest? was it an open invitation or something?

I'm not sure, I was just invited on the show like everyone else. Feel free to talk to Spence if you'd like to join us for a future round of talks!

We also have a persistent Skype chat, if you want to join just hop on Skype and add me, my username is Hans.Jagerblitzen. I can pull you into the room. We'll keep using it to get to know each other and chat across factional lines about how to improve Faction Warfare.

For those of you that don't use Skype, grab an account and download the client! It's pretty awesome, and you don't need a microphone or webcam (people seem to only associate skype with phone calls or vidcalls). We just text chat, but it works better than anything in-game because it logs everything and is persistent, so you can catch up on what you missed any time you log on.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#22 - 2012-07-10 20:42:37 UTC
Simyaldee wrote:
how'd they decide who was going to be a guest? was it an open invitation or something?

You have to be part of the FW clique. lol

For each show, Spence does his homework and research on the ideal candidates to interview by scouring forums and other stuff.

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Yuri Intaki
Nasranite Watch
#23 - 2012-07-10 20:45:12 UTC
Deen Wispa wrote:
For each show, Spence does his homework and research on the ideal candidates to interview by scouring forums and other stuff.

And yet he has not even asked me? Lol

Then again, there are probably laws about it out there if you get my meaning....

David Clausewitz
David Clausewitz Corporation
#24 - 2012-07-10 20:49:21 UTC  |  Edited by: David Clausewitz
Who was arguing around 1:05-1:10 that it's okay that the Amarr LP (or anyone's LP at T1/T2) is as worthless as it is?

The whole "spike it and cash out" system is fail and it seemed like everyone was agreeing that a % increase in LP earned real-time for the tier levels would be a much more effective systems for everyone except that one guy. Are they braindead? Could they elaborate more on why they think it's fine as it is?
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#25 - 2012-07-10 20:49:22 UTC
Yuri Intaki wrote:
Deen Wispa wrote:
And yet he has not even asked me? Lol
Then again, there are probably laws about it out there if you get my meaning....
I believe there is some sort of international treaty the disallows you and chatgris to be on the same comms.
Hurtado Soneka
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-07-10 20:55:31 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:

I've also been quite clear in saying that while I don't like arbitrary forced PvE in Faction Warfare, that if the majority of players want it, I'll keep pushing it through. I've questioned the decision, and asked for dissenting opinions to come forward, because I want to everyone to be perfectly aware of what they're asking for before the inevitable "But I just want to PvP, why do i have to shoot rat to take space??" whinefest comes down the road.

Faction Warfare no matter how you look at it is a PvE enterprise though, without getting in an RP perspective the whole point of FW is working for an ingame faction to gain control over the enemies space, yes this includes thankfully LOTS of pvp and its great, YES it should be more of a factor in determining overall success, and weve seen things like gaining LP for kills getting attention, however the fact will always remain this is a PvE sandbox where currently we gain control by orbiting a plex button 30 times then shooting an NPC bunker.

The whining for this comes from the fact a person in a dual fitted frigate can do this completely risk free, and dare i say under crazy conditions can then fit lasers and take down the system if nobody bothers with him. That needs to be addressed and getting farmers to kill the rats is a pure base line simple fix.

Just to note for people who cant bother listenin to the whole thing, there is a hilarious discussion about capitals which ends 1hr 40 mins in, the guy even goes as far as to suggest for cyno jammers. in low sec. they actually said that.

In all honestly the round table discussion had some interesting suggestions come up and i respect all that took part, but the vast majority was stuff that has been said a thousand times and even the good suggestions had heavy bias.

The most interesting part in the whole thing was the suggestion on how to fix the market, but what would be more interesting would be a dev to take part and simply state what was doable and a timeframe, it would certainly stop all the bs whine threads and let people be content with some real answers.

BolsterBomb
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-07-10 21:05:23 UTC
That was such a BS answer by the objection allowing gallente to come over and pelx minnitar

"we couldnt get money if we were gallente"

BS you guys have plenty of space to plex you simply want a perma t4 / t5 without putting in the work

Chatgris

Brig General of The Caldari State

"Don" Bolsterbomb

Traitor and Ex Luminaire General of The Gallente Federation

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#28 - 2012-07-10 21:11:30 UTC
I wonder why you even try to improve your game play.

If you manage to find solution that creates more subs for CCP it will be implemented right away, but if not no one is interested about it.

Inferno was boost for alts and as we can see people swarm those a lot and ccp gets more subs and players get more isk so they can pretend that 0.0 is good place.

Now invent more ways to add alt accounts.
Thomas Kreshant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-07-10 21:16:28 UTC
Simyaldee wrote:

Pretty sure I saw it posted somewhere (possibly on a thread following the last podcast with Susan) where they'd said they were going to do the round table and asked those running corps/alliances to get in touch
Aradus Gunnell
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-07-10 21:30:29 UTC
Thomas Kreshant wrote:
Simyaldee wrote:

Pretty sure I saw it posted somewhere (possibly on a thread following the last podcast with Susan) where they'd said they were going to do the round table and asked those running corps/alliances to get in touch

I put it out on my show and on Twitter for about a month prior to the Roundtable, had some bites, and did some research into guests. Some were available, others weren't, and some were pulled in to the call semi-last minute to fill some seats by recommendation from others on the panel.

Future roundtables will be handled the same way; we have a Mining & Industry panel coming up in about 6 weeks; in 2 weeks, I'll start asking for volunteers.

Thanks to all who came on the show; appreciate the time and effort!

SPENCE from TEN EVEning News! DUST514 & EVE Online news every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

We Pay Isk for good stories!  Contact me via eve mail, here on the forums, or at www.tacticalentertainment.tv

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#31 - 2012-07-10 21:33:43 UTC
BolsterBomb wrote:
That was such a BS answer by the objection allowing gallente to come over and pelx minnitar "we couldnt get money if we were gallente" BS you guys have plenty of space to plex you simply want a perma t4 / t5 without putting in the work
Chatgris
It is a BS answer. I get plenty of isk being Gallente. And I thank my "Mew"matar mates for plexing like mad and not polluting my Gallente LP store. (for the record: It's cheesy)
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#32 - 2012-07-10 21:40:18 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
BolsterBomb wrote:
That was such a BS answer by the objection allowing gallente to come over and pelx minnitar

"we couldnt get money if we were gallente"

BS you guys have plenty of space to plex you simply want a perma t4 / t5 without putting in the work

Chatgris

My answer: We're allies. I was pissed at the SOTF/WBR debacle for the same reason, we're allies. Having two allied militias that can help each other like this is in my opinion a release valve for when one side is dominating the plexing war.

Not to mention, the same thing happens on the Amarr side. I believe during that conversation I-LAW said they're going Caldari but staying in the Amarr/Minmatar warzone. I wouldn't be surprised to see more corps follow. No point in dooming the Amarr or Gallente guys to ****** LP stores when neither has the numbers to resist the plexing front in their warzones.

And sure, we have plenty of space to plex, but guess what? Last I checked Caldari plexes almost double the nearest militia - even the dominating Minmatar. You have successfully leveraged your militias superior numbers to your advantage, and I don't see us being able to counter that anytime soon. In the meantime, I'll continue to resist but get LP worth a damn.

Finally, it's not like this is an undocumented loophole or something. in the dev blog announcing these changes CCP had specific examples of how people from different militias were rewarded with their own LP for operations against the diagonal militia.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#33 - 2012-07-10 22:18:26 UTC
I've listened to an hour of it. I'll have to listen to the rest tomorrow. Some things I liked:

I like the plex counters moving back to zero if noone is on them. I don't know how many times I've chased off a gunless rifter and had to sit on a button for 35 minutes to close it.

I like the idea of having fewer, more fragile npc's that could web and hurt speed tankers. I think a more strategic placement around the button and some aggro rules would alleviate pve ruining pvp concerns.

I like the idea of tier control affecting how much lp you earn rather then the cost of LP items. Tearing apart upgrades in the rear systems is a viable tactic in war. The enemy hasn't peeled forces off of their front to do security sweeps though because they'd rather just 'spike' every so often. If you're lp earnings are going down - you'll care alot more.
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#34 - 2012-07-10 22:19:57 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
It is a BS answer. I get plenty of isk being Gallente. And I thank my "Mew"matar mates for plexing like mad and not polluting my Gallente LP store. (for the record: It's cheesy)

Could you elaborate on this? Are you telling everyone that is complaining that the pricing is too brutal for the losing faction to HTFU, or calling them liars?

If you're surviving just fine off the income made as a member of a losing faction, maybe you could explain to everyone what you're doing differently then they are...

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Pulgy
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-07-10 22:34:32 UTC
I listened to that entire podcast expecting Jul's to yell "surprise cockbag!", alas I left disappointed.
p.s. I want my time back P
No range? No problem!   Join the Church of the Holy Blasterâ„¢ . A Hybrid religion.
Brullig
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-07-10 22:41:18 UTC
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#37 - 2012-07-10 22:45:48 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Could you elaborate on this? Are you telling everyone that is complaining that the pricing is too brutal for the losing faction to HTFU, or calling them liars? If you're surviving just fine off the income made as a member of a losing faction, maybe you could explain to everyone what you're doing differently then they are...

I am saying two things:
1. I am making plenty of isk as a Gallente Militia pilot. We were able to get to Tier 3 this past weekend, and with the "spiking" nature of Warzone control, the overall supply of Gallente FW items is limited. I paid the same for mods as I did before inferno, but module prices are now higher.
2. Joining the allied militia and staying in theater is a cheesy, but legal, move.

What I am not saying:
1. Amarr can make tons of isk in their current situation with their current tactics. They don't have enough systems to get to Tier 2.
2. Amarr shouldn't move to Caldari and stay in the Amarr theater. They can do whatever they think is necessary to survive - even if it's cheesy.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#38 - 2012-07-10 23:45:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
I thought it was a great podcast. Great guests with allot of different views. Most know the faction war mechanics very well.

My views:

I think people tend to agree that 1) plexing is most efficiently done as a pve activity and agree 2) that is a problem. Which is good to hear.

Timer countdown idea to help address that seemed to be well received without any objections.

CCP will hopefully continue to balance the npcs and do something so they don't interfere with pvp.

The rest of the issues were really non-issues imo.

As far as keeping the lp pricing the same and just changing the lp payout - I'm not sure. The lp of the winning side would get watered down no doubt.

Plus this would mean its easier to upgrade systems with lp. Part of the reason minmatar don't want to upgrade systems is because each lp is valuable. If everyone in minmatar had 4xs as much lp yet the store only gave preinferno pricing then it would not be that hard to keep the systems upgraded.

I think the current mechanic where each side should plan big warzone flips is better for faction war in the long run.

System upgrades aren't really an issue. Although I do concede it would be better if people were forced to save that lp that otherwise drains out of the system when enemies offensive plex.

I really think that if they fix the npcs imbalances and make plexing a pvp game instead of a game for alts then fw isn't so bad as it is currently set up.

Missions - they are fine the way they are but perhaps tone down the payouts to be more in line with plexing.

The big question is how to make plexing a pvp system. (I don't mind that missions are pve) It seems everyone identified the problem as people hiding and running plexes when no one is around. Why not make it so they can't hide with a notification system? It seems the obvious solution.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#39 - 2012-07-11 00:05:32 UTC
Having to constantly upgrade the systems to maintain your LP payout introduces alot more stress to the winning team.

'We upgraded it those systems last time. It's your turn.' 'You said you'd defend our systems during your time zone. They're all plexed down!' 'Someone needs to leave the fleet and head back to the rear systems.'

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#40 - 2012-07-11 00:25:53 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Having to constantly upgrade the systems to maintain your LP payout introduces alot more stress to the winning team.

'We upgraded it those systems last time. It's your turn.' 'You said you'd defend our systems during your time zone. They're all plexed down!' 'Someone needs to leave the fleet and head back to the rear systems.'

At the same time, it wouldn't even allow the losing side the glimmer of hope that one day their LP might be worth something more. (But at least they wouldn't have high sec bears getting stuff cheaper than them).

IMO, the base LP store shouldn't get any worse than it was pre-inferno even if you own 0 systems. It should get better with better warzone control though.