These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minmatar MIlitia @ T5!

Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#61 - 2012-07-09 17:55:39 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Peteris G wrote:
Folks who written about reset on Amarr-Minnie front - forget about it. NOT going to happen.
Amarrs themselves admitted that they are plexing with minmatar alts (and got millions of LP).
Any reasonable man who will read it (and is by any chance from CCP) will say:-snip- Now get out on Yourself as well." Of course if there will be any response on forums it will be more polite, but I doubt that CCP will honor request for reset with any response. So either Amarr militia will -snip- start to do something or they will be booted out to high sec and Minnies will get their shiny medal and officially declared as winner over Amarrs (as it was couple years ago with Caldari)..

I have always thought a reset was a bad idea and still do. Make the system work so the underdog has a chance. Reset is the ultimate in lame deus ex machina.

I have already encouraged amarr to run minmatar missions with their alts. Its simply foolish not to cash in on this crazy lp train. However plexing is a different story.

Yeah I have also advocated a different strategy than what amarr has been doing. I honestly wondered if a few in amarr's leadership is not content to let minmatar remain dominant by doing dumb things like 1) immediately flipping systems, 2) encouraging plexing in the same tight area so minmatar can easilly blob it back, and 3) encouraging defensive plexing. These are all pretty bad strategies and I think more people in amarr militia know this than are speaking up.

I don't really think there is some big conspiracy on this, but I guess it wouldn't surprise me either. This is eve after all.

Yes I am going to cash in on ccps unbalanced system but I am also going to remain loyal to my corp and amarr. I'm really not sure everyone in amarr militia has those same goals.

Quoted profanity

ISD Tyrozan

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
#62 - 2012-07-09 19:15:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuehnelt
Major Killz wrote:
MORAL seems to be @ a all time low in Amarr milltia and that meta aspect of this game is often important.

Roll

If only, if only, if only.

Quoting myself:

Kuehnelt wrote:
That the Minmatar-vs.-Amarr reward disparity is the size of a galaxy whilst the Minmatar-vs.-Amarr warfighting disparity is the size of an asteroid if you're generous... eh, someone can whine about that, but everyone who would has had time enough to cope with it in one way or another.

So how have people coped with this? Here are some ways, in order of associated income:

1. Plex for the Minmatar with an alt;

2. Mission for the Minmatar with an alt;

3. Switch to Caldari Militia.

4. Declare that apathy is the holiest of virtues and fly gangs of free T1 thrashers while reserving apoplectic fits of rage for anyone who says 'killboard' in any context or who otherwise threatens the holiest virtue, etc.

5. Quit until you can make isk elsewhere because it would sicken you to continue to sell PLEX to stay on in this new environment.

6. Replace all of your blood cells with HATE cells, etc.

If you multibox #1 and #2 then you're distracted and might rather be docked on your 'main' until something happens; if you don't multibox #1 and #2 then you're not even docked. #1 and #2 leave you not in space, not flying around, not running into enemies, not chasing people off, not calling for help, etc. #3 tends to cut you off from other militia even if you stay in your own space, and has other disadvantages, but actually #3's not so bad. #3 shows that you don't expect to cash out on Amarr LP, however. And #4's fine, really. The effectiveness of #5 will obviously vary by how you go about it, but it loses the rookie appeal that FW used to offer to all militias, and which pay-you-to-plex Inferno intended to incentivize rather than destroy. #6 is what everyone - especially Minmatar and #1ers - wish all of Amarr would do.

So what do you expect to happen to morale? "Golly, Amarr have a morale problem? I can imagine a high-morale Amarr militia, therefore the real problem must be that Amarr aren't hyping themselves up!" It can't have anything to do with the mechanics, by which the very smartest thing to do is to surrender as early as possible so that you can run plexes against whatever dumb rubes are left who haven't surrendered yet.

By the way, in Delve, the Southern Coalition can't just create a bunch of no-skill alts, join the CFC at will, and then leech Technetium in ways detrimental to their own (SoCo's) collective efforts. Because they can't, they also never feel like chumps for not doing so. This is one of the many subtle ways in which FW is not like nullsec.
Peteris G
Ophidia in herba
#63 - 2012-07-09 19:42:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Peteris G
Cearain wrote:
...in amarr's leadership ... pretty bad strategies

Folks, Amarr militia main corps/alliances leaders just need stick together and contact Damar and just ask him for advices what to do... Damar is insane Blink no doubts on that Smile but he also knows plexing war perfectly, he will be able give You right directions easy, perhaps not all his secrets since after all You have well know frog-lovers in Your ranks (I will not point to anybody particular but everybody know who are that brigade Blink ) but still You should be able stomp minnies into mud (if there is such in space) in no time considering that You have 0.0 backup. I still can't imagine how You got in such sad state with r/fw-eddit support (and I assume CVA also?).
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#64 - 2012-07-09 19:52:38 UTC
Peteris G wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Folks, Amarr militia main corps/alliances leaders just need stick together and contact Damar and just ask him for advices what to do... Damar is insane Blink no doubts on that Smile but he also knows plexing war perfectly, he will be able give You right directions easy, perhaps not all his secrets since after all You have well know frog-lovers in Your ranks (I will not point to anybody particular but everybody know who are that brigade Blink ) but still You should be able stomp minnies into mud (if there is such in space) in no time considering that You have 0.0 backup. I still can't imagine how You got in such sad state with r/fw-eddit support (and I assume CVA also?).

I would say our strategies of 1) flipping systems right away, 2) defensive plexing instead of offensive plexing, and 3) only offensive plexing in small areas that the minmatar can easilly cover when they blob around, are well known to be bad strategies. Yet we continue to do this.

That is why I almost question whether some in the amarr leadership actually want minmatar to remain dominant. But really I think its just that no one really wants to do pve and plexing is pve.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Peteris G
Ophidia in herba
#65 - 2012-07-09 20:05:44 UTC
Cearain wrote:
But really I think its just that no one really wants to do pve and plexing is pve.

Wrong attitude my friend :)

When I hear words "FW plexing" I look like this:

dollar eyes

Only thing that upsets me is that I am far to busy at work to plex enough Cool
Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#66 - 2012-07-09 22:18:12 UTC
As of this writing, the Amarr are down to 6 systems. Go Minnies. You can do it !

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#67 - 2012-07-09 22:45:36 UTC
Generals4 wrote:
Still waiting for plex's to get fixed. That swarm of parasitic winmatar plexing alts in our pure Caldari space is becoming rather annoying.

Also, if the goons still have lots of LP stuff from their exploit, please dump it all on the market and troll all those who made X accounts just to farm winmatar LP.

Sorry about that, mate.

But we seem to be experience a shortage of Amarr plexes to run...

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Pinky Feldman
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#68 - 2012-07-10 07:40:38 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Peteris G wrote:
Cearain wrote:

I would say our strategies of 1) flipping systems right away, 2) defensive plexing instead of offensive plexing, and 3) only offensive plexing in small areas that the minmatar can easilly cover when they blob around, are well known to be bad strategies. Yet we continue to do this.

That is why I almost question whether some in the amarr leadership actually want minmatar to remain dominant. But really I think its just that no one really wants to do pve and plexing is pve.

Bro, no offense to you, but I haven't seen you in any of the leadership channels or in any of the discussions on the future of Amarr militia. You can criticize strategies all you want, but at the end of the day you're just playing armchair General. Saying that something is a good tactic with no understanding of how feasible it is or if its even been tried under the current circumstances is just ignorant. Stop lumping the entire Amarr militia together as a whole, most of the current groups doing anything weren't even around pre-Inferno.
Lithalnas
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Sedition.
#69 - 2012-07-10 08:08:12 UTC
All this means for amarr is that minmartar can be in Kamela, Kourmonen, lamaa and Sahtogas. Makes it easy to find them when we want to shoot at them.

And I should note that there are a multitude of minmatar systems that are getting dangerously high occupancy.

https://www.facebook.com/RipSeanVileRatSmith shoot at blue for Vile Rat http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73406

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#70 - 2012-07-10 15:26:56 UTC
Pinky Feldman wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Peteris G wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Bro, no offense to you, but I haven't seen you in any of the leadership channels or in any of the discussions on the future of Amarr militia. You can criticize strategies all you want, but at the end of the day you're just playing armchair General. Saying that something is a good tactic with no understanding of how feasible it is or if its even been tried under the current circumstances is just ignorant. Stop lumping the entire Amarr militia together as a whole, most of the current groups doing anything weren't even around pre-Inferno.

No offense taken.

I admit that I am not a "leader" of the militia. But that doesn't really matter. I have presented ideas and disscussed this with others who are leaders. I am much more of a background guy and that suits me just fine.

If you want to address any of the tactics I suggest that is fine. But you are the ignorrant one for making the argument: this hasn't been tried therefore I am ignorrant to say its a good tactic.

I of course do have an understanding of how feasible it is. You might not, and so you should ask me about it. I will explain it to you.

The issue with the strategy is not a matter of feasibility its a matter of will. When I say its a matter of will, I do not mean that as a slight to amarr. Plexxing is often not the best way to get pvp. Many amarr including myself want to maximize our pvp when we play.

So there is a tension between optimal plexing behaviour and optimal pvp behaviour. This tension always existed and is well known to those of us who have been around FW awhile. It is something I have thought about for years and is IMO the most important issue ccp can address when it comes to plexing.

I gave 3 problems with our strategy and I have elsewhere spelled out a larger strategic plan for the amarr militia to consider. Its on a forum you might not have access to. (but leadership from most of the major players do have access) The plan is still valid and would work. If you wish to discuss any of this with me feel free. If you want to keep telling everyone to do the three things that I believe are bad strategy and continue to claim that people who think they are bad are just ignorrant that is fine too.

Perhaps you will beg ccp to make changes so that your bad strategies work. IDK. "CCP I am ignoring the mechanics and doing my strategy that works in null sec but it doesn't work here. Please change the rules to suit my strategy!"

As far as what the current groups are doing and when they started faction war, I don't really care. I just say things that make sense under these mechanics. If that upsets you or you think that makes me ignorrant, sorry.

I would also point out that although there has been allot of switching over in the amarr militia due to our being the only faction truly effected by the station lock outs - our enemy is still mainly lead by old guard. Guaging how your enemy will react is important to any strategy.

I would also point out that it seems the factions with old guards leading them are doing pretty well.

Severnij Veter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2012-07-10 15:34:01 UTC
Good job guys. Hail matar!

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than surrender".

General Robert E. Lee.

IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#72 - 2012-07-10 15:37:51 UTC  |  Edited by: IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Lithalnas wrote:
And I should note that there are a multitude of minmatar systems that are getting dangerously high occupancy.

Yes stationless / useless systems that will be immediately flipped back for LP. Why would we want people to waste their time plexing defensively in systems we don't care about when they can be flipped back with a truck load of LP in a few days?

Around 100 plexes (conservative) X 20k LP is 2m LP, again at a conservative 5k : LP cash out that's 10bn ISK per flip. edit - or 200 SFIs
Ninlarra
Ninlarra Brand Ships and Modules
#73 - 2012-07-10 22:20:34 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Braitai wrote:
"Again I am calling this out now so that when the npc balancing is done and minmatar is washed up we will be able to see your days of tier five in the right perspective. We will know that it was because of your huge npc advantage. If that weren't the case then we would see you continue to dominmate like you did before the npc changes."

- Cearain, Imperial Outlaws

Minmatar washed up he says.

"If that weren't the case then we would see you continue to dominmate" LOL We are more dominate now than we ever have been.

I want this guy to come to this forum, and after getting the derp doctor to extract the giant foot he shoved into his mouth, I'm going to slam down a giant plate of crow for this doofus to eat.

-snip-

TL;DR?

HATERS! GON'! HATE!

Profanity, sexual innuendo

ISD Tyrozan
Thomas Kreshant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2012-07-10 22:34:37 UTC
Ninlarra wrote:
~WORDS~

Seriously you should win well and with good graces and not spew on forums it lacks class.

Now having said that congrats on the systems Minmatar Militia, enjoy the rewards and in a few months when we're able to field something larger than our destroyers maybe we'll give you a run for you money and some good fights (assuming we don't failscade first of course Big smile)
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#75 - 2012-07-10 22:41:49 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Ninlarra wrote:
Braitai wrote:
"Again I am calling this out now so that when the npc balancing is done and minmatar is washed up we will be able to see your days of tier five in the right perspective. We will know that it was because of your huge npc advantage. If that weren't the case then we would see you continue to dominmate like you did before the npc changes."

- Cearain, Imperial Outlaws

Minmatar washed up he says.

"If that weren't the case then we would see you continue to dominmate" LOL We are more dominate now than we ever have been.

I want this guy to come to this forum, and after getting the derp doctor to extract the giant foot he shoved into his mouth, I'm going to slam down a giant plate of crow for this doofus to eat.

-snip-

TL;DR?

HATERS! GON'! HATE!

You missed my post:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1601907#post1601907

Profanity, sexual innuendo in quote.

ISD Tyrozan

Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
#76 - 2012-07-10 22:47:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Ninlarra wrote:
You can not take from us the victory of completly, totally, encompassing, and positively destroying you and your ****** faction.

Gains achieved during the era when plexing was meaningless, when it took one TZ to seize a system, when one frigate could take an entire system by himself, were retained in the transition to the new (heavily incentivized) system in which it takes five times as long to take a system. So no, you never got a chance to completely, totally, encompassing(?), positively destroy the Amarr. You won the game on day zero. As much as you're frothing at the mouth, I guess you'd wanted a real victory after a real war, one that you could be proud of and one that others - even your enemies - would respect you for having achieved. Well, that's just too bad. I would've liked some kind of 'faction war' as well.

-snip-

Profanity in quote.

ISD Tyrozan
Ninlarra
#77 - 2012-07-10 22:50:12 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Thomas Kreshant wrote:
Ninlarra wrote:
~WORDS~
Seriously you should win well and with good graces and not spew on forums it lacks class.

-snip-

Profanity.

ISD Tyrozan
Thomas Kreshant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2012-07-10 22:57:07 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Ninlarra wrote:

If you truly believe this, maybe you should curb some of your faggots mailitia members, cause all I hear all day in local is how awesome amarr are doing, AMARR VICTOR THIS, AMARR VICTOR THAT.-snip- . It lacks class.

Sigh it's obviously a wasted effort talking to you so I'll refrain

Have a good evening.

Profanity in quote.

ISD Tyrozan
Ninlarra
#79 - 2012-07-10 23:01:04 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Kuehnelt wrote:
Ninlarra wrote:
You can not take from us the victory of completly, totally, encompassing, and positively destroying you and your ****** faction.

Gains achieved during the era when plexing was meaningless, when it took one TZ to seize a system, when one frigate could take an entire system by himself, were retained in the transition to the new (heavily incentivized) system in which it takes five times as long to take a system. So no, you never got a chance to completely, totally, encompassing(?), positively destroy the Amarr. You won the game on day zero. As much as you're frothing at the mouth, I guess you'd wanted a real victory after a real war, one that you could be proud of and one that others - even your enemies - would respect you for having achieved. Well, that's just too bad. I would've liked some kind of 'faction war' as well.

Ninlarra -[i wrote:
snip-[/i] .

Although I would like NOT to get into this....

WEEKS before inferno was even implemented we the minmatar went on the offensive and started to take every and any system we can find in prep for the inferno patch. We did it when it was easy, only a couple of hours, cause we knew it would take days after the patch. Why didnt you do the same? Why didnt you stop us? Why didnt you make us bleed for every single system we took at the time when it would have benifited you most?

NOW you cry foul? NOW you say its unfair? -snip-

Fact is we had the cognitive ability and the tactial acumen (which you -snip- about it) to acheive goals set in place to put in a most excellent position to curb stomp you before the post-inferno patch even began.

And now, 90% of you -snip-

Excessive profanity.

ISD Tyrozan
Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
#80 - 2012-07-10 23:29:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuehnelt
Ninlarra wrote:
Although I would like NOT to get into this....

Heh. Should I answer your questions or shouldn't I? Or: does it even matter what the answers are? Faction warfare between Amarr and Minmatar still didn't happen, and so you still never got a chance to win it. Iron Oxide. won something, and you're buying supercarriers as a result. You'll have to content yourself with the supercarrier Roll If you'd wanted to crush Amarr, and say today that nobody should take that victory from you, maybe you should've joined the zero other Minmatar who were confident enough in their post-Inferno warfighting ability to support a reset back when a reset would've done any good.

Ninlarra wrote:
-snip

We'd all like that, but that's not where the incentives are. The present system starves Amarr in every way while punishing them (and rewarding you) for their every movement towards a better situation. -snip- I kinda sketched this out (while dismissing Iron Oxide's accomplishment as ancient history that isn't worth anyone whining about anymore) earlier in this thread. Anyway, Cearain's figured it out enough to the point that I don't enjoy rehashing all of this. I just replied out of spite :-)

ISD Tyrozan wrote:
Profanity.

ISD Tyrozan

You're aware there's a ******* profanity filter? It turns naughty words into asterisks. You can't see the original word even if you edit it or reply to it -- it's just asterisks. Sometimes I have literally no idea what people are saying after the operation of the profanity filter. Now you're removing entire emissions of mine that have already been sanitized? Jesus Christ.

This is the snipped line: "They are more *BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPED* than anyone in any other militia can readily understand - and sorry again, but it's FW mechanics that's *BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*ing them, not you.