These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Please revert war costs to pre inferno.

Author
Ridlam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-07-10 06:18:25 UTC
50 mil a war dec is simply to much, please change this back to the way it was or simply base the cost on corp size. It's ridiculous that concord is fleecing smaller corps to declare wars upon smaller corps. The outrageous cost is also limiting the new war assistance system as there are less wars because of the cost.
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#2 - 2012-07-10 06:38:57 UTC
You don't want to pay for war? Simples. Go to nullsec.

Sanctioned war should cost a bit. Mind you, if you think 50mill is a lot you're doing something wrong.
Ridlam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-07-10 06:54:12 UTC
I've lived in nullsec for years, I'd rather bring nullsec to peeps in highsec nowadaysEvilEvil. Problem is the game is filled with 8-20 man corps that in no way warrant the cost of 50 mil war declaration much less the 100mil declaration for a second ongoing war. Before inferno the costs of sanctioned war where much cheaper, I would honestly be happy just to see the cost scale with the corp size. 50 mil for a 200 man corp, no problem 50 mil for 8-20 people...lame.
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#4 - 2012-07-10 07:38:03 UTC
Well, I hate to tell you this but it seems you don't have enough agreement from others that this is a needed reversion to stand a cat's chance in hell of getting this put back.

So your choices are simple: Either accept that this is the way it is and work with it or stop picking on people who don't want to fight and go back to null.

You're welcome to wardec me if you like? We just moved back to high sec and aren't all miners so you might actually get some good fights out of my corp. We also have more than 20 members. :)
Ridlam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-07-10 08:04:37 UTC
While I expected some carebears to go in a frenzy about such war dec changes I didnt make this thread to chest beat and look for war decs, I made it to simply point out the current system is jacked up and disproportionate. Also, bear in mind that carebears are not the only one wardec'd, pirates and there support corps often reside in small corps and now have the added protection that they may never dec'd due the the outrageous cost..
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-07-10 08:14:25 UTC
Wardecs isn't supposed to be done willy-nilly, it's supposed to be done for a very specific purpose. If 50m is enough to make you think twice, then the purpose wasn't specific enough. Deal with it.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Kadeyoo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-07-10 10:48:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadeyoo
You lived in 0.0 for years, and you don't have 50mil to spare, and you consider that amount to be outrageous?

Wut?
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#8 - 2012-07-10 11:04:12 UTC
Ridlam wrote:
While I expected some carebears to go in a frenzy about such war dec changes I didnt make this thread to chest beat and look for war decs, I made it to simply point out the current system is jacked up and disproportionate. Also, bear in mind that carebears are not the only one wardec'd, pirates and there support corps often reside in small corps and now have the added protection that they may never dec'd due the the outrageous cost..

With the utmost of respect, please point me to the carebear frenzy in this thread? I'm having a problem finding it.

Also, I completely understand that you didn't come here looking for corps to wardec but you did come to whinge about the wardec mechanic. In order to aid you in your future wardeccing costs, considering CCP aren't going to change it for you, I'm willing to offer you 250mill isk if you can beat my corp after wardeccing it. That would cover you for 5 more wardecs! A whole 5 wars. Now, you can't say fairer than that.

If you're feeling frightened, do a bit of research. You'll find that we're just high sec carebears who can't fight for toffee so it should be an easy steamroller for you.

I really am a sucker for helping strangers.
Ridlam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-07-10 12:08:10 UTC
Tchulen wrote:
[
Also, I completely understand that you didn't come here looking for corps to wardec but you did come to whinge about the wardec mechanic.

Whinge is what most likely broke the original mechanic, one could only hope that whinge may fix it. Also, you keep talking of war, my corp lives in Tash-Murkon, if you think 50 mil is cheap than please spend it to war dec us. As far as where concerned the more targets the merrier.

And yes damn it 50mil is a lot of isk, even if I have lived on nullsec forever! Concord is fleecing me of my billions, god forbid if I break from my griefing noob tear farming vacation to go grind isk .

Lord Zim wrote:
[
Wardecs isn't supposed to be done willy-nilly, it's supposed to be done for a very specific purpose. If 50m is enough to make you think twice, then the purpose wasn't specific enough. Deal with it.

The fact this is coming from a Goon is both laughable and sad. All I'm doing is furthering The Mittani's plan and am bringing pain and suffering to high sec. War should be random if we desire it, the sandbox shouldn't be filled with carebear only sand.

So many trolls
How about less trolling and more looking at the actual problem.
CCP needs to look at the war system some more, it needs polish. period

All I'm asking for is some sort of scaling system x number of corp members = price for war or a revision to pre inferno prices. The flat rate of 50 mil per corp is grossly inflated, pre- inferno 50 mil could keep you in several wars for a month. A better plan would be some sort of bribe, I would happily pay 1 bil if concord would ignore me for a year.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-07-10 12:12:25 UTC
Ridlam wrote:
The fact this is coming from a Goon is both laughable and sad. All I'm doing is furthering The Mittani's plan and am bringing pain and suffering to high sec. War should be random if we desire it, the sandbox shouldn't be filled with carebear only sand.

50m is nothing, if you're dissuaded from declaring war because of a minor cost of 50m/week, then you really haven't thought through the potential cost of actually waging war, and you should wait a week while you grind up more funds so you actually have A Warchest.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Kadeyoo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-07-10 12:20:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadeyoo
Ridlam wrote:
Tchulen wrote:
[
Also, I completely understand that you didn't come here looking for corps to wardec but you did come to whinge about the wardec mechanic.

Whinge is what most likely broke the original mechanic, one could only hope that whinge may fix it. Also, you keep talking of war, my corp lives in Tash-Murkon, if you think 50 mil is cheap than please spend it to war dec us. As far as where concerned the more targets the merrier.

And yes damn it 50mil is a lot of isk, even if I have lived on nullsec forever! Concord is fleecing me of my billions, god forbid if I break from my griefing noob tear farming vacation to go grind isk .

Lord Zim wrote:
[

So many trolls
CCP needs to look at the war system some more, it needs polish. period

All I'm asking for is some sort of scaling system x number of corp members = price for war or a revision to pre inferno prices. The flat rate of 50 mil per corp is grossly inflated, pre- inferno 50 mil could keep you in several wars for a month. A better plan would be some sort of bribe, I would happily pay 1 bil if concord would ignore me for a year.

We could discuss a problem if it existed.

Let's look at some numbers:

2 hours of highsec mining in a Hulk: Maybe 30-40mil
1 hour of incursioning in highsec: Maybe 60-90mil
1 hour of L4 missioning in highsec: Maybe 40-50mil

That is per person. In highsec. And this is just a few of the various possibilties to make isk, and all of them can be equally or even more profitable in case of trading.

Where the heck is the problem?

You cannot spend one hour of carebearing per week just so you can wardec some newbie corporation? Or maybe have one different corp member each week farm the dec fee!

I'm guessing what OP wants, is to *get* paid to wardec people. Maybe even rewarded for kills on young pilots.

Oh and please tell me, after all these supposed years in nullsec, how do you still have problems by paying these laughable 50mil for a dec?

Edit:

And nice to see that you don't have the balls to dec anything but a mining/hauling corporation. But it's alright, I saw that you came from FA. You are allowed to be bad at this game.
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#12 - 2012-07-10 12:42:18 UTC
Ridlam wrote:
Also, you keep talking of war, my corp lives in Tash-Murkon, if you think 50 mil is cheap than please spend it to war dec us. As far as where concerned the more targets the merrier.

I do think 50 mill is cheap. I, however, have never and am unlikely to ever declare war on high sec denizens. I kill people who agress me, I don't "bully" or "pick on" people (although I have no problems with other doing that - to each his/her own).
I just thought I'd offer you my services. It's really no problem if you're too scared. I understand a fair fight might be a bit much for you.

Ridlam wrote:

No it's not. No one here seems to think it is. CCP doesn't think it is. Looks like it's just you. I could call you a cheapskate but I won't lower myself to that.

Ridlam wrote:

So many trolls
CCP needs to look at the war system some more, it needs polish.

There is no problem. The problem exists in your mind only. That, some could argue, is a good indicator of irrational behaviour. Have you a history of histrionics or are you just delusional?

Ridlam wrote:

period

Ah! Now I understand. You'll feel better in a few days, at least for the next month.

Ridlam wrote:

So you want to be able to pick on small corps without it costing you anything. Oh, you're the big man aren't you. As no one else seems to want your proposed ludicrous change and CCP aren't going to go back on what they're put in (short of a player rebellion which quite clearly isn't happening) you should probably stop making a fool of yourself and just accept that things are as they are. Or you could continue. After all, I'm finding this thread rather amusing and yes, it is at your expense.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#13 - 2012-07-10 12:48:21 UTC
Ridlam wrote:

You don't seem to realize that this is exactly the reason that CCP changed it to 50M base cost, to make it harder to just randomly wardec all the tiny corps to screw with them.

Wardecs are intended to have a purpose. If a wardec means nothing more to you than "Who do I want to mess with today?", you're doing it wrong.
zander killer
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#14 - 2012-07-10 13:45:06 UTC
I think that wars should be a little bit cheaper at least its not very fair for corps that love to war dec tons of people to have to pay so much money. Im not going to argue my statement it is what it is.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#15 - 2012-07-10 14:12:13 UTC
zander killer wrote:
I think that wars should be a little bit cheaper at least its not very fair for corps that love to war dec tons of people to have to pay so much money. Im not going to argue my statement it is what it is.

Would it be fair if those corps could pay the same amount that you did to get rid of the wardec? Wardeccers are always interested in making it easier to wardec people, but they never stop to consider the people they are inconveniencing. And if you make wardeccing cost more than pennies, they get upset about it.

Just man up and fight real combatants for a change, you can do it for free in low/null and it doesn't make you look like a cheapskate coward.