These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A New Pitch on Moon Mining

Author
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#1 - 2012-07-10 02:28:38 UTC

Here are a few of my suggestions.

Orbital Moon Mining from a Ship

I think that Moon Mining should also be upgraded to being conducted from a ship.

Basically the Moon Miner would orbit the Moon deploy its drones and mine the Moon. Although mining in such a manner would take longer it would allow for non POS based mining to take place. Either special Moon Drones or a Moon Boring Laser could be used to mine the Moon.

Such a ship would look similar to the ORCA and would be developed by SOE. They did such a fine job on the Noctis and Primae
that they should have the oppurtunity to continue their work with assistance from ORE.

Moon Planetary Interaction

Just like Planetary Interaction you could establish Moon based mining stations to mine the Moon from. To use Moon Planetary Interaction you need to have a special POS that could control the functions of mining operation from orbit around the Moon.

The Moon POS would come with some very sturdy shielding and armor to protect itself from attacks but would otherwise only be able to have storage silos connected to it that would collect the Moon Material.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-07-10 03:27:35 UTC
CCP already announced (months ago, at fanfest) plans to iterate on moon goo and have been working on it, it might be out this winter.
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#3 - 2012-07-10 04:59:46 UTC
A might be and a definite are two different things.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#4 - 2012-07-10 05:44:48 UTC