These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[PODCAST] Bringing Solo Back == EPISODE 21 (December 21) *Retribution Episode*

First post First post First post
Author
Viribus
Lords of the Lockerroom
WE FORM YUG0SLAVIA
#481 - 2012-07-02 20:37:55 UTC
Kil2 wrote:
Hey guys sorry for the late update. We thought we had something lined up to compensate for me being busy with the tournament but it didn't come together.

Best case scenario is me and Kovorix get a normal episode recorded early this week, which is possible. Worst case scenario is we skip this week and get something done asap to release next weekend or the following weekend.

Very sorry, hopefully the tournament makes up for it some. Also, following the tournament today I live streamed a roam which ended up being amazing and its a full 2 hours with live commentary. That should be up on my youtube channel by the end of today.

Enjoy the week and you'll hear from us soon!

lol you got mad streamsniped by wheniaminspace

Too bad kanloch is a trashbag and brings shame on our corp
drdxie
#482 - 2012-07-02 21:48:05 UTC
Kil2 wrote:
Hey guys sorry for the late update. We thought we had something lined up to compensate for me being busy with the tournament but it didn't come together.

Best case scenario is me and Kovorix get a normal episode recorded early this week, which is possible. Worst case scenario is we skip this week and get something done asap to release next weekend or the following weekend.

Very sorry, hopefully the tournament makes up for it some. Also, following the tournament today I live streamed a roam which ended up being amazing and its a full 2 hours with live commentary. That should be up on my youtube channel by the end of today.

Enjoy the week and you'll hear from us soon!

I would suggest, and I am sure your followers would agree, rather don't rush to get something up just for the sake of it. I would prefer quality stuff. I am sure we are all watching the tournament anyway, so its not like we starved for entertainment for the next few weeks. And if you really bored.. there's CFC's and SoCo's a plenty in Delve to mess with Twisted

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

Greg Valanti
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#483 - 2012-07-09 11:31:30 UTC
2nd page bump to suggest people check out www.own3d.tv/kil2eve to see some of the streams that kil2 has been putting on of solo and small gang roams the last week or two.
monkfish1234
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#484 - 2012-07-09 18:45:51 UTC
Great work on keeping this going guys.

was just listening to episode 11 and the thorny old subject of isk for pvpers.

I Have to say i'm a big fan of the ratting whilst looking for fights. I used to take out a decently fit harpy and go out into the NPC 0.0 areas. Eventually someone will notice you and always seem to send in a lone ceptor try and pin you down, ideal food for a hungry AF.

also once stayed long enough in stain to buy a **** fit domi kill an officer (brokhara iirc) and then proceed to fly all my loots home. :)

anyway keep up the good work look forward to more of you insights.

monk
Kil2
Club Bear
#485 - 2012-07-09 22:18:40 UTC
Finally got episode 16 recorded. Sorry for the delay - as you may know I've been a very busy bee that last couple weeks between the tournament and my new live stream =)

Hope you guys enjoy this one, we had a good time making it.
Daneel Trevize
Give my 11percent back
#486 - 2012-07-10 00:02:08 UTC
By god I hope your CCP communication is 2 way/that they listen to this and they get a handle on the tier3 and ASB issues already.
Hunter Ace
Fuctifino
#487 - 2012-07-10 02:40:29 UTC
Looking forward to listening to it....probably not till tomorrow though.....iTunes update wink-wink-nudge-nudge :)

Really been enjoying the live streaming you've been doing as well. Super great entertainment....i was yelling at the screen today when you were resigned to dying to that camp when you were totally in jump in range of the gate. Too funny.

Keep up the great work, I'm sure I'm not the only one who really appreciates the effort you guys are giving to inspire the rest of us to get out there and have fun.
wallenbergaren
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#488 - 2012-07-10 12:56:52 UTC
Maybe it's not the right podcast, and maybe Kil2 is sick of it, but I'd enjoy some AT X talk.
Karmu Ivanostrov
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#489 - 2012-07-13 22:30:55 UTC
Guys, I was wondering from seeing the Kovoris/Kil2 Zealot/Vaga duo videos.. What do you guys look for in solo ships?? Im asking this because I heard Kil2 say "I cant solo on my Zealot" and I always thought of the Zealot as at least being able to solo a bit.. I know this is not a Q&A thread, but that might be an interesting topic to cover some day

Keep it up!
Kovorix
Matari Exodus
#490 - 2012-07-14 06:47:43 UTC
Karmu Ivanostrov wrote:
Guys, I was wondering from seeing the Kovoris/Kil2 Zealot/Vaga duo videos.. What do you guys look for in solo ships?? Im asking this because I heard Kil2 say "I cant solo on my Zealot" and I always thought of the Zealot as at least being able to solo a bit.. I know this is not a Q&A thread, but that might be an interesting topic to cover some day

Keep it up!

Hey, this is a very good question generally, for now i can answer specifically for the zealot.

The zealot is generally a poor solo ship because it doesnt have a drone bay, has mediocre tracking, and has few medslots for tackle, all of which make it very vulnerable to frigate-sized things. Also, while it does great damage out to 40-50km or so, when solo you will mostly be <28km (overheated point range), and there are plenty of ships that do better damage within that range. Shield tanked it wont stand up to anything long enough for solo, and armor tanked it becomes a bit slow for a hac.

But ultimately it is great as a gang ship because of the damage projection. Solo is potentially doable - like we probably said on the stream Garmon has done it as an armor ship and I'm sure others have done things with it. But overall there are much better, cheaper nano ships for solo (Talos lol).
Karmu Ivanostrov
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#491 - 2012-07-14 15:53:45 UTC
Kovorix wrote:

Hey, this is a very good question generally, for now i can answer specifically for the zealot.

The zealot is generally a poor solo ship because it doesnt have a drone bay, has mediocre tracking, and has few medslots for tackle, all of which make it very vulnerable to frigate-sized things. Also, while it does great damage out to 40-50km or so, when solo you will mostly be <28km (overheated point range), and there are plenty of ships that do better damage within that range. Shield tanked it wont stand up to anything long enough for solo, and armor tanked it becomes a bit slow for a hac.

But ultimately it is great as a gang ship because of the damage projection. Solo is potentially doable - like we probably said on the stream Garmon has done it as an armor ship and I'm sure others have done things with it. But overall there are much better, cheaper nano ships for solo (Talos lol).

Where does that leave the Navy Omen then? It has a small drone complement, but tracking continues to be an issue, and not having the Optimal bonus hinders its Damage projection capabilities forcing it to be in point range most of the time (Im at work right now so I cant check, but if I recall correctly you can only push to about 20km with Scorch for reasonable damage). It has a similar slot layout as the Zealot, yet from what Ive heard its not a half bad solo boat.

I guess I really really want the Omen hull to work xD lol

(While we are at it and to not spam another post, Ive heard you guys talk about an LDAP or something guy and I want to check him out but I cant seem to find him.. How is the name spelled?)
Daneel Trevize
Give my 11percent back
#492 - 2012-07-14 23:09:33 UTC
Aldap, in Club Bear just like Kil2, and with good vids out here in My Eve.

Also Kil2 may have been meaning his Zealot, as in how it was fitted & rigged, or just how he was comfy with flying it, especially without 'force multipliers'.
Also IIRC it has fitting issues, especially CPU even after using Focused Pulses to sort the PG.
Viper Regyri
Born Imperialism
#493 - 2012-07-17 12:44:34 UTC
This maybe a dumb questions but hell I need to know. In a 1v1 whats the better mod. When setting up a cruiser or battle cruiser and you can only have 1 point what do you fit a web, scram, or a warp disruptor?
Haeri
Club Bear
#494 - 2012-07-17 13:03:52 UTC
Viper Regyri wrote:
This maybe a dumb questions but hell I need to know. In a 1v1 whats the better mod. When setting up a cruiser or battle cruiser and you can only have 1 point what do you fit a web, scram, or a warp disruptor?

This is really the opposite of a dumb question and it's extremely case dependent. It basically breaks down to how close you want to be to your target, if you have some other form of tackle (or speed, so that you can dictate the range sufficiently and stay at that range), and what you want to be fighting.

E.g. the shield cane with 2 medium neuts and tracking bonus does fine with a long point since it can utilize the neuts to shut off the MWDs of frigs, and really wants the range option for fighting certain things like medium blaster ships. While a medium blaster ship would want a scram (and really a web as well) to make sure it can stay on top of a target and do full damage.

YouTube: HaeriEVE  |  Twitter: @Haeri_EVE  |  Club Bear

Karmu Ivanostrov
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#495 - 2012-07-17 13:40:33 UTC
Haeri wrote:
Viper Regyri wrote:

This is really the opposite of a dumb question and it's extremely case dependent. It basically breaks down to how close you want to be to your target, if you have some other form of tackle (or speed, so that you can dictate the range sufficiently and stay at that range), and what you want to be fighting.

E.g. the shield cane with 2 medium neuts and tracking bonus does fine with a long point since it can utilize the neuts to shut off the MWDs of frigs, and really wants the range option for fighting certain things like medium blaster ships. While a medium blaster ship would want a scram (and really a web as well) to make sure it can stay on top of a target and do full damage.

But then how about a Shield Harb? You could go for a disruptor and scorch, but you are not really that fast and you dont have the Cane's double neuts plus tracking is an issue against tackle. However with a Scram you should pretty much avoid Blaster ships.

And the Armor harb? I guess you could go disruptor and dual webs, but if cap injected, is point + web any good? or do you really need a scram because of being a brick? Scram range kinda hurts Scorch's awesomeness.

So yeah, is Point+web any good? or should you just go all in for scram+web?
Anna Katarr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#496 - 2012-07-25 18:14:21 UTC
Sad
Vixorz
Cabronazos
#497 - 2012-07-26 13:44:43 UTC
Anna Katarr wrote:
Sad

Agree. Thursday already and Straight
Vasavia
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#498 - 2012-07-26 14:11:27 UTC
Love the podcast guys! Please keep it up. Fantastic information every episode.
Kil2
Club Bear
#499 - 2012-07-29 22:47:40 UTC
EPISODE 17

Itunes will be updated soon!

Hope you enjoy =)
Hildulfr
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#500 - 2012-07-30 00:30:54 UTC
Nice podcast guys. Lots of useful information.