These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fixing Tech

Author
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#41 - 2012-07-09 07:32:26 UTC
Suddenly Forums ForumKings wrote:
Add a special probe that can reduce moon mining efficiency by, say, 50% for X period of time. This bomb could be fired by probe launchers and used to disrupt moon mining by making the moon's output lower.

You realise the CFC would have an army of people who do exactly this and ONLY this to absolutely everyone in nullsec right? hundreds of dedicated people daily destroying moon mining activities of all teh poor guys out there, making them even poorer.

Or is it simply an anti Goon weapon that only works on CFC moons? Coz im sure lots of guys will get behind that idea.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

adam smash
Department of Gub'nent Welfare
Harkonnen Federation
#42 - 2012-07-09 07:39:37 UTC
The null bears will do whatever they can to stop CCP from nerfing tech... plain and simple and CCP won't do it as they full well know that the HS players won't unsub over any of this and that is the main player base of the game.

CCP has been caught many times helping one alliance (t2 BPO's ftw) so really what's to let anything think they are not now?

Tech, even just moons are broken... it is plain and simple to see... botting ore... no good, massive afk mining a moon for how many billions... that has it's own defences too.... no problem.

The goons come here to cry knowing that tech is what helps keep their CFC togeather, and with out it... TBH what would hold it all togeather?

O right, nothing really.
ugh zug
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2012-07-09 07:47:02 UTC
moon mining removed, problem solved.

Want me to shut up? Remove content from my post,1B. Remove my content from a thread I have started 2B.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-07-09 11:56:34 UTC
adam smash wrote:
The null bears will do whatever they can to stop CCP from nerfing tech...

Stop lying.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Pyotr Kamarovi
Out Of The Depths Academy
xX SERENITY Xx
#45 - 2012-07-09 12:02:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Pyotr Kamarovi
Pipa Porto wrote:
Add a special probe that can reduce moon mining efficiency by, say, 50% for X period of time. This bomb could be fired by probe launchers and used to disrupt moon mining by making the moon's output lower.

RFed moons produce no Tech for the duration of their RF timer.

I've never participated in a POS bash, so how long does it take to reinforce a tower?

EDIT: Some people seem to be suggesting removing moon mining, which is really silly, because moon mining is one of the reasons for null-sec alliances to exist and for null-sec wars to happen. They're a strategic resource that must be captured - I don't need to be a veteran player to know that. At worst CCP could re-allocate moon resources, but that's kind of cheating.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-07-09 12:13:45 UTC
Pyotr Kamarovi wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

RFed moons produce no Tech for the duration of their RF timer.

I've never participated in a POS bash, so how long does it take to reinforce a tower?

Depends on what you bring and how the POS is setup, but even dickstars can be smugcycled by a sensibly sized dread fleet.

As to the whole "well reduce the tech output by 50%" suggestion, by all means go ahead, I'd love to see tech go past 250k/unit because the supply is even further out of whack compared to demand. It's a great idea.

RIP Vile Rat

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#47 - 2012-07-09 12:26:40 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
CCP will never balance tech because it'd -snip-

Trolling post edited.

ISD Tyrozan
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2012-07-09 12:28:37 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
CCP will never balance tech because it'd harm their favouritest big alliances

Stop -snip-.

No personal attacks, please.

ISD Tyrozan

RIP Vile Rat

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#49 - 2012-07-09 12:30:34 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Really? And here I thought that the tinfoil theory was that CCP loved goons, but you're apparently wearing a hat of some different material.

Which alliances do you mean?
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#50 - 2012-07-09 12:38:18 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

Stop lying.

Oh please, everyone and their dog can see the balance/bottleneck issues with tech/moons in general. It's an area CCP are extremely slow to move on. Hell, even mittani spoke about the tech issue. CCP are far too worried about disrupting anything for the big recognizable 0.0 alliances in EVE, though. They're fine with rushing out poorly thought out mechanics in many other areas (walking in stations, incursions, war dec mechanics in inferno 1.0 and then again in 1.1... etc) and just watching the **** hit the fan and cleaning it up later, but they fret and fuss and ultimately do nothing over 0.0 things for far too long.
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#51 - 2012-07-09 12:53:22 UTC
Goons were still goons before they got their hands on Tech. So while Tech does indeed need to be dealt with, i'm not sure why they get the ire they do because of a CCP oversight.

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#52 - 2012-07-09 13:04:14 UTC
Tippia wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Really? And here I thought that the tinfoil theory was that CCP loved goons, but you're apparently wearing a hat of some different material.

Which alliances do you mean?

TEST Alliance (Please Ignore)

And of course let us never forget Northern Coalition.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2012-07-09 13:08:45 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

Stop lying.

Oh please, everyone and their dog can see the balance/bottleneck issues with tech/moons in general. It's an area CCP are extremely slow to move on. Hell, even mittani spoke about the tech issue. CCP are far too worried about disrupting anything for the big recognizable 0.0 alliances in EVE, though. They're fine with rushing out poorly thought out mechanics in many other areas (walking in stations, incursions, war dec mechanics in inferno 1.0 and then again in 1.1... etc) and just watching the **** hit the fan and cleaning it up later, but they fret and fuss and ultimately do nothing over 0.0 things for far too long.

Okay, let's go about this a different way, then: do you have any proof for your allegation that CCP aren't balancing tech "because it'd harm their favouritest big alliances"? Because last I checked, we'd started preparing for a tech-less world even before mittens began pushing for tech to be rebalanced. We're ready, we don't care, but as long as CCP aren't fixing it we'll exploit it.

RIP Vile Rat

Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#54 - 2012-07-09 13:17:42 UTC
If you want to fix it, remove it. The imbalance it has created has become far too great.

John Hancock

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2012-07-09 13:23:46 UTC
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
If you want to fix it, remove it. The imbalance it has created has become far too great.

If you're thinking about the current north vs south war, the problem isn't economics, the problem is we're not ****, whereas -A- is ****.

This could've been the war to redefine the scale at which all wars in eve are fought, and -A- actually put up less of a fight than when the NC was removed from the game, and this has nothing to do with numbers or tech, and everything to do with morale, and -A- having none. They literally announced a retreat of all resources to NPC stain within 2 days of us saying "we're going south".

RIP Vile Rat

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-07-09 13:26:51 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Oh please, everyone and their dog can see the balance/bottleneck issues with tech/moons in general. It's an area CCP are extremely slow to move on.

I recently watched last years alliance tournament, and one of the devs being interviewed talks about the technetium bottleneck problem, and how the design of reactions makes it hard to change. It sounded like they were looking at a change the involved changing the reaction tree, which sounds like one way to change the value of technetium while keeping the price on T2 items stable.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

SetrakDark
Doomheim
#57 - 2012-07-09 13:49:50 UTC
CCP aren't "protecting" anything. The people with the most tech want it to be balanced because it makes for **** gameplay.

CCP are slow to move because it's an incredibly complex system, and they're likely to just **** it up again for three more years if they don't come up with a solid permanent solution.

More than anything, people in nullsec like compelling gameplay. If it was all about endless ISK fountains, they wouldn't be in nullsec in the first place. The current moongoo imbalance makes for ****** gameplay on the grand strategic stage, and everyone would benefit from a fix.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2012-07-09 13:52:54 UTC
dexington wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Oh please, everyone and their dog can see the balance/bottleneck issues with tech/moons in general. It's an area CCP are extremely slow to move on.

I recently watched last years alliance tournament, and one of the devs being interviewed talks about the technetium bottleneck problem, and how the design of reactions makes it hard to change. It sounded like they were looking at a change the involved changing the reaction tree, which sounds like one way to change the value of technetium while keeping the price on T2 items stable.

There are essentially two things they can do to "quickly fix" the tech bottleneck.

1) Rebalance the moongoo consumption in T2 components
2) Add alchemy to every tier of moongoo.

I think that if they'd redone the 1) option back to what it was before tech became the major bottleneck, it'd still be an improvement, because while the neo/dyspro moons were valuable, they weren't limited to the northern areas.

And it's not like the south is fully worthless either, despite what they'll have you think.

RIP Vile Rat

Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#59 - 2012-07-09 14:57:28 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
dexington wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

There are essentially two things they can do to "quickly fix" the tech bottleneck.

1) Rebalance the moongoo consumption in T2 components
2) Add alchemy to every tier of moongoo.

I think that if they'd redone the 1) option back to what it was before tech became the major bottleneck, it'd still be an improvement, because while the neo/dyspro moons were valuable, they weren't limited to the northern areas.

And it's not like the south is fully worthless either, despite what they'll have you think.

Sounds good. So what is CCPs deal??? Why years to make a much needed change?! (it has been like two or three right? I forget)
Lucy Ferrr
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-07-09 15:05:37 UTC
adam smash wrote:

The goons come here to cry knowing that tech is what helps keep their CFC togeather, and with out it... TBH what would hold it all togeather?

Now I am no fan of the Goons, but in their defense their brains and leadership do call for a tech nerf. It's just the faceless, nameless, and brainless Goon grunts that don't matter that are saying tech is fine.