These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Fix (y)our game yo!

Author
Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#1 - 2012-07-07 18:41:44 UTC
As title suggests - client hangs when undocking or ship sploding, not cool. Shouldn't have to sit in station all day because your game is buggy. Also shouldn't be losing pods in lowsec because well, I think we all know I don't need to explain why that's the case - for those of you who may not realize it, losing a pod in lowsec is pretty hard to do unless of course your client decides to become unresponsive at the first sign you might be dieing.

No more of this silly, status quo "the logs show nothing" or "working as intended" from the trolls you have handling your petitions, just fix it plz.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#2 - 2012-07-07 18:44:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
Maybe its a problem on your end?

I suggest this only because I haven't heard of this yet from anyone.

Also, have you filed a bug report?

Also losing pods in lowsec is easy if you don't click fast enough.
Some setups can lock within a second. If they have the disruptor preactive and click on your pod as soon as it shows up on overview, they may end up on the other side of the server tick than your warp command. As such they would lock and scram you before you clicked warp, as far as the server would be concerned.

There is also latency to consider.

Also, smarties make pods cry.
Doddy
Excidium.
#3 - 2012-07-07 18:47:06 UTC
ll seems pretty normal to me too.
Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-07-07 18:50:03 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:

Some setups can lock within a second. If they have the disruptor preactive and click on your pod as soon as it shows up on overview, they may end up on the other side of the server tick than your warp command. As such they would lock and scram you before you clicked warp, as far as the server would be concerned.

I have read dozens of complaints of exactly that on these very forums.

Nothing can lock your pod fast enough to kill you in lowsec if you do not make an error.

I cant believe you never heard of that bug. I have literally read hundreds of posts about it.
Karloth Valois
1st. Pariah Malefactor corp.
The New Eden Yacht Club.
#5 - 2012-07-07 18:56:49 UTC
Working as intended

It's not been nice, but thanks for using lube

MinefieldS
1 Sick Duck Standss on something
#6 - 2012-07-07 19:01:46 UTC
Dun'Gal wrote:
As title suggests - client hangs when undocking or ship sploding, not cool. Shouldn't have to sit in station all day because your game is buggy. Also shouldn't be losing pods in lowsec because well, I think we all know I don't need to explain why that's the case - for those of you who may not realize it, losing a pod in lowsec is pretty hard to do unless of course your client decides to become unresponsive at the first sign you might be dieing.

No more of this silly, status quo "the logs show nothing" or "working as intended" from the trolls you have handling your petitions, just fix it plz.

Lockups like that happened all the time when I was using two clients not too long ago. So I fixed the problem myself by getting rid of the 2nd account. There were no lockups in the Trinity expansion though, I'll let you guess who introduced them.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#7 - 2012-07-07 19:09:14 UTC
Soundwave Plays Diablo wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:

I have read dozens of complaints of exactly that on these very forums.

Nothing can lock your pod fast enough to kill you in lowsec if you do not make an error.

I cant believe you never heard of that bug. I have literally read hundreds of posts about it.

Arazu is great at catching pods, as long as you are in range and preactivate the scram/disruptor. All it needs is for the enemy to click lock before you click warp. If that happens (and the ship has less than a second lock time) the pod will be stopped.

As for the undock/splosion lockup bug, could you link me to some of them, I'd like to read up on it.
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#8 - 2012-07-07 21:12:49 UTC
I think the op is getting "socketed"

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Spurty
#9 - 2012-07-07 22:18:14 UTC
Get enough people remote sensor repping an already fast locking ship and your pod will be scrambled before you even know your in your pod if the locking party is euro and you're in a very different time Zone.

Been there, done it

Been there, lost pod to it

Don't attribute your loss to failure but success

Just out classed

Now black screen on undock, well many a billion+ ISK ship lost by a competent pilot to just incredibly lucky Station camps ;-)

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Alaya Carrier
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-07-07 22:40:26 UTC
The new and awesome unified UI causes all sorts of stutter expecially when you loot something.
Nyreanya
Serenity Labs
#11 - 2012-07-07 23:04:31 UTC
I heard putting "yo" at the end of your sentence is a great way to be taken seriously, yo. It's worked well for Nicky.

[/sarcasm]

Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-07-07 23:25:23 UTC
Nyreanya wrote:
I heard putting "yo" at the end of your sentence is a great way to be taken seriously, yo. It's worked well for Nicky.

I heard that insulting peoples dialect with a female avatar get you laid even if you're a neckbeard yo.

amirite?
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#13 - 2012-07-08 02:33:55 UTC
Nyreanya wrote:

I heard that insulting peoples dialect with a female avatar get you laid even if you're a neckbeard yo.

amirite?

Saying "Yo" is not a dialect.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#14 - 2012-07-08 03:28:19 UTC
Yo, yo, yo yo Monocle man in the house, yo

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-07-08 03:43:26 UTC
The only time i have this issue is when there is a client upddate and gotta check for other updates like video card, system and oh yeah...Flash
Tao Arnst
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-07-08 03:50:15 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Stensson
Edit: Avoiding profanity filters is against forum rules - ISD Stensson

Was the Title "Inferno" given to this release because its a Steaming Pile of S**t? Most people embrace GOOD change Parasites embrace BAD change ccp supports the degradation of society

Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-07-09 08:48:08 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Nyreanya wrote:

amirite?

It most certainly is. It's actually insulting that you can't understand that.

Seriously.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#18 - 2012-07-09 08:56:47 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:

It most certainly is. It's actually insulting that you can't understand that.

Seriously.

Yo is a slang word from the 90s, as far as being part of a dialect it doesn't specifically fit into any particular non-standard dialect and isn't really associated with enough other terms for it to form part of a functional dialect. Especially not in the context of the OP's post, where his use of English is otherwise entirely standardised.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#19 - 2012-07-09 20:15:02 UTC
Sorry I was a bit vague on the loss of pod in lowsec, what I was saying was losing a pod due to client freezes is also bad (I've certainly lost them to those ridiculous sebo gangs with epic lock-times, and those are "acceptable" while annoying.) I thought perhaps it was something on my end, so lowered gfx, got rid of ship splosion fx, etc. However the last few times it's happened it feels more like I'm just being trolled by CCP, because the freezes occur as I'm losing the fight not once I pop, eg. entering structure then freeze-up - a few minutes later the client unfreezes and I'm paying for another clone upgrade/implants.

I've had numerous petitions on this issue and got the same blanket responses I posted in the OP. Unfortunately (or rather fortunately for you lucky folks) not many other people seem to be having these problems, so I can only assume I'm either a) in a minority group that's going to have to suffer with it for months before CCP quietly fixes it or b) my computer has suddenly decided it hates eve. Pardon the thread, as it was created more as a vent thread - I would probably go into shock if they actually listened and tried to see if/where the problem is. Was just hoping I wasn't alone on this issue.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-07-09 20:44:56 UTC
You used the wrong brackets in the title. You should've used square brackets.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

12Next page