These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fixing Tech

Author
Cameron Cahill
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-07-09 01:18:33 UTC
Torvin Yulus wrote:
ccpswarm will never let this happen because ccp was bought by the goons a veery long time ago.

the goons know the tech isk fauset is the only thing keeping therm in eve ever sicne they burned jita and alienated all of eve.

cool story bros.

Yes because owning most of nulsec is indicative of clinging on to our place in eve by our tech-coated fingertips.
Dersk
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-07-09 01:20:34 UTC
Hey, I have an idea, let's make technetium even more of a bottleneck! That'll show those goons who's boss!
Pipa Porto
#23 - 2012-07-09 01:22:12 UTC
Cameron Cahill wrote:
Torvin Yulus wrote:
ccpswarm will never let this happen because ccp was bought by the goons a veery long time ago.

the goons know the tech isk fauset is the only thing keeping therm in eve ever sicne they burned jita and alienated all of eve.

cool story bros.

Yes because owning most of nulsec is indicative of clinging on to our place in eve by our tech-coated fingertips.

That may be, but CSM Chairman Mittani's continual pushes for Tech nerfs is an absolutely clear indication that GSF can't survive without Tech.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Hedion's oracle
Naari LLC
#24 - 2012-07-09 01:36:32 UTC
Mention TEC and Goons come outta the woodwork. TEC nerf you say? Not happening. Only thing CCP understands it seems is massive Unsub threats and thats not far off the way things are going it seems.

Error: Working As intended

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-07-09 01:53:05 UTC
Hedion's oracle wrote:
Mention TEC and Goons come outta the woodwork. TEC nerf you say? Not happening. Only thing CCP understands it seems is massive Unsub threats and thats not far off the way things are going it seems.

The ironic thing is Mittani was pushing for a Tech nerf while he was chairman... Then the raging playerbase wanted him removed. Now he's gone & no one is pushing for a Tech nerf.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-07-09 02:03:27 UTC
Torvin Yulus wrote:

cool story bros.

Why are the posters with the worst conspiracy theories always the most illiterate?

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-07-09 02:04:18 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Hedion's oracle wrote:

The ironic thing is Mittani was pushing for a Tech nerf while he was chairman... Then the raging playerbase wanted him removed. Now he's gone & no one is pushing for a Tech nerf.

Nooo! You're getting reason all over this crap thread!

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-07-09 02:14:39 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Torvin Yulus wrote:

cool story bros.

Why are the posters with the worst conspiracy theories always the most illiterate?

That, is a very good question. I'll let you know once I've come up with a viable theory.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-07-09 02:26:33 UTC
Suddenly Forums ForumKings wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Add a special probe that can reduce moon mining efficiency by, say, 50% for X period of time. This bomb could be fired by probe launchers and used to disrupt moon mining by making the moon's output lower.

RFed moons produce no Tech for the duration of their RF timer.

Which requires RFing the tower.
This is ninja stuff.

If you can't ninja RF a tech tower, you're bad at this game.
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#30 - 2012-07-09 03:48:22 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Add a special probe that can reduce moon mining efficiency by, say, 50% for X period of time. This bomb could be fired by probe launchers and used to disrupt moon mining by making the moon's output lower.

RFed moons produce no Tech for the duration of their RF timer.

Which requires RFing the tower.
This is ninja stuff.

Never heard of Stealth Bombers and Black Ops using Covert Cynos then?

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Werst Dendenahzees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-07-09 03:50:10 UTC
Or just plain dropping dreads on a tower and reinforcing it in 5 minutes.
Vaarkk
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-07-09 04:35:17 UTC
Quote:
im a pubby and im proud

HOLY MOTHERDUMPSTER YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL PUBBIE RIGHT. WHAT A NERD.
Harold Tuphlos
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#33 - 2012-07-09 04:42:43 UTC
This is a bad thread and I am +1ing my post count in it.
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-07-09 04:57:07 UTC
Gameplay without counters bad, mk?

A: lot of tech scattered around lowsec. You propose Large nullsec alliances attempt to blockade all of lowsec and kill anyone in any system with a tech moon?

B: No, even the largest alliances and coalitions in the game cant control space perfectly on an individual level. That would require competent, attentive Hics and Dics and decloakers, fast locking ships at every single point where enemies could enter and leave.

And once in a system, there is no way to decloak a cloaked target, they could just sit around reducing the tech income by popping up, firing an anti-tech probe from the probe launcher, and cloaking back up. Hell, do it with a BO BS, and you can even bridge your own haulers in and out to infinitely replenish probes. Cloak when online, unable to be scanned when offline.

And during none of this would it be realistically possible to stop it.
That's bad gameplay all around.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#35 - 2012-07-09 05:00:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Hedion's oracle wrote:

Nooo! You're getting reason all over this crap thread!

*shrug* Well that's just the way things worked out, I guess.

At least -A- can take heart that titans were alreafy nerfed, as we hotdrop titans on them, causing them to have to hurriedly dock.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-07-09 06:24:42 UTC
……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..…………………………………..:`………../
…………./.(…..“~-,…………………………,:`………./
………../(….”~,……..“~,………………..,:`……../
……….{..$;……”=,…….“-,…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~…….”=-.……“;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,
,,……….}.>-.\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\………….._
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
………………………………….\………..,-%…….`\
……………………………..,<`..|,-&“…………….`\
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-07-09 06:34:42 UTC
I love it when angry babbies make thread imploring CCP to nerf the evil goonies because the angry babby isn't smart or organised or dedicated enough to come up with ways to defeat us himself.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-07-09 06:50:48 UTC

I don't think disputing moon mining is going to have the effect you hope for, it's most likely just going to make technetium prices increase. Technetium is a key component in T2 production, and the demand for it is not going to go away because you disrupt moon mining.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Irya Boone
The Scope
#39 - 2012-07-09 06:56:49 UTC
I can see so much anger in this thread , so much hate ,

We shall all take 3 minutes to hug each other ....

Humm sorry it's my little sister who wrote the 2 sentences before ... All i can say : OP ? why don't you just form an alliance to take back by Force the tech moon ??

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#40 - 2012-07-09 07:29:12 UTC
Irya Boone wrote:
All i can say : OP ? why don't you just form an alliance to take back by Force the tech moon ??

Join SoCo, they're defeating us with the wrecks of their structures.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?