These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The new mining barge expansion.

Author
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-07-09 05:18:26 UTC
rodyas wrote:
^ I suppose then, you whined for walking in stations. Justice does flow in this game.

Please provide links to the threads where I whined for walking in stations.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#22 - 2012-07-09 05:18:27 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

So far Hulk and Macks were the only mining ships really used. After the patch you'll have alternatives with good and bad points.

Be fair, I'm sure the Skiff gets the occasional use (Merxocrit Uber Alles). And don't forget the Retriever for the newbies. I think 4/6 is a better ratio than current T1 frigs have, but I cba to check.

I am certainly looking forward to telling the whinging miners to Learn 2 Skiff/Procurer when their Hulks go pop, too.

Skiff and retriever are:

- skiff: used in extremely specialized cases.
- retriever: used for 30 days tops and just because covetor takes so long to train. Then it's dump time.

That's not enough usage to have them worth sitting along with the most used ship in game (Hulk) and the most ice mining ship used in game (Mack).
Pipa Porto
#23 - 2012-07-09 05:24:54 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

So far Hulk and Macks were the only mining ships really used. After the patch you'll have alternatives with good and bad points.

Be fair, I'm sure the Skiff gets the occasional use (Merxocrit Uber Alles). And don't forget the Retriever for the newbies. I think 4/6 is a better ratio than current T1 frigs have, but I cba to check.

I am certainly looking forward to telling the whinging miners to Learn 2 Skiff/Procurer when their Hulks go pop, too.

Skiff and retriever are:

- retriever: used for 30 days tops and just because covetor takes so long to train. Then it's dump time.

That's not enough usage to have them worth sitting along with the most used ship in game (Hulk) and the most ice mining ship used in game (Mack).

Oh, absolutely. In my haste to add the ratio bit, I deleted the emoticon that I hoped would indicate I wasn't being totally serious.

Sad

And now look what I've done. Cry

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Pipa Porto
#24 - 2012-07-09 05:26:42 UTC
rodyas wrote:
^ I suppose then, you whined for walking in stations. Justice does flow in this game.

People raged against WIS, and WIS has a bare bones Dev Team (doing some fantastic work, from what I hear).

Miners whined for a buff to mining survivability. They got it. Now they're whining more.

-RubyPorto

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#25 - 2012-07-09 05:26:59 UTC
^ Well I suppose they should. CCP does like war and having to build things becuase of it. But the hulk is to expensive to lose and rebuild. I.E. its a bad fuel to use if you want to start a fire. Kind of like titans, and one of their complaints. Like how you said this is the first T2 ships they are fiddling with. You mentioned fittings earlier. That is a complaint not shared by mining alone. But I do play gallente. So just using fittings towards mining is a strange issue. Like barges are ships, so they do have the same problems other ships have.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#26 - 2012-07-09 05:28:14 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:

I hope no one has taken names like "Lrn2 Procure" or something for their gankers yet.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#27 - 2012-07-09 05:29:50 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
rodyas wrote:

People raged against WIS, and WIS has a bare bones Dev Team (doing some fantastic work, from what I hear).

Miners whined for a buff to mining survivability. They got it. Now they're whining more.

See CCP is just feeding trolls with this barge buff. That is why you don't feed trolls, they get stronger and dumber from it. As someone pointed out, this is only from hulkageddon, which is pure troll. I don't really agree with that totally, but it seems funnier if that is true, so I will go with that. I did think though hulkageddon made it harder to live without a buff, and makes the players want to speed it up.

Pipa Porto
#28 - 2012-07-09 05:31:33 UTC
rodyas wrote:
^ Well I suppose they should. CCP does like war and having to build things becuase of it. But the hulk is to expensive to lose and rebuild. I.E. its a bad fuel to use if you want to start a fire. Kind of like titans, and one of their complaints. Like how you said this is the first T2 ships they are fiddling with. You mentioned fittings earlier. That is a complaint not shared by mining alone. But I do play gallente. So just using fittings towards mining is a strange issue. Like barges are ships, so they do have the same problems other ships have.

Quoteing is better for indicating what you're responding to.

The Hulk is not too expensive to lose and rebuild. It may be for your situation at your rate of loss, but if that's the case, then it's the wrong ship for you.

These are the first T2 ships they've changed, so I can only guess whether they plan to fiddle with the bill of Mats on them.

Yep, everybody else has to make choices with regards to their fittings. Miners refused to do so, whined about it and are being rewarded by having new ships with the fitting options built in. Roll And now they're complaining about it.

-RubyPorto

Pipa Porto
#29 - 2012-07-09 05:32:22 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

I hope no one has taken names like "Lrn2 Procure" or something for their gankers yet.

I so wish I had an open character slot.

-RubyPorto

Breezly Brewin
Vril Metaphysics Society
#30 - 2012-07-09 05:32:56 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

Skiff and retriever are:

i found a purpose for retriever - i wanted to mine a grav site in a WH but the covetor wouldn't fit through the WH so i brought a retriever to strip out the arkonor. was the effort worth it? probably not but meh Lol
Pipa Porto
#31 - 2012-07-09 05:33:35 UTC
rodyas wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
rodyas wrote:

See CCP is just feeding trolls with this barge buff. That is why you don't feed trolls, they get stronger and dumber from it. As someone pointed out, this is only from hulkageddon, which is pure troll. I don't really agree with that totally, but it seems funnier if that is true, so I will go with that. I did think though hulkageddon made it harder to live without a buff, and makes the players want to speed it up.

Hulks don't need a buff. With proper fittings and tactics they fare perfectly well in HAG land, as (with proper fittings and tactics) they can't be profitably ganked.

-RubyPorto

Breezly Brewin
Vril Metaphysics Society
#32 - 2012-07-09 05:36:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Breezly Brewin
Pipa Porto wrote:
rodyas wrote:
^ I will be doing that, that glass cannon stuff.

Yeah they get buffed, but I suppose the best thing is their price. It will be cheaper to die in those other ships. Only reason to fly one IMO. Once it goes live, you can get output to cost of ship, plus likely of getting ganked.

I mean you could always sacrifice ore input for armor on hulk, then it would be the new skiff or so. But it costs alot to lose a hulk made that way.

They're probably going to jiggle the material inputs as well. That seems to be what they do when they buff things (though these are [I think] the first T2 ships they've fiddled with, so who knows).

hmmm... t e c h n e t i u m... maybe does make me wonder Straight
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#33 - 2012-07-09 05:37:05 UTC
But like I said, it comes across as if you have never mined before. If I was a pvper I would be agreeing with you on most issues. Sadly I took two bad routes, rolling gallente and mining.

Quoting is lame too. But I almost shall, didn't expect the posting speed of most people.

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#34 - 2012-07-09 05:39:23 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
rodyas wrote:

Please provide links to the threads where I whined for walking in stations.

Just your general attitude mostly. Don't need links to prove everything, sometimes you can just see and tell.

Pipa Porto
#35 - 2012-07-09 05:39:43 UTC
rodyas wrote:
But like I said, it comes across as if you have never mined before. If I was a pvper I would be agreeing with you on most issues. Sadly I took two bad routes, rolling gallente and mining.

Quoting is lame too. But I almost shall, didn't expect the posting speed of most people.

1) I was a pro HS miner back in the day.

2) Gallente ships are some of my favorites (Incursus <3)

3) Readability and Clarity are top priorities. Quoting helps you achieve them. Looks are a distant third.

-RubyPorto

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#36 - 2012-07-09 05:47:46 UTC
1) Wow, you should make a documentary, rather then post in this thread.

2) incursus, wow again, just wow. That is priceless.

3) This thread is all about myself, not about all about you. If you want a thread all about yourself, go make one.

Breezly Brewin
Vril Metaphysics Society
#37 - 2012-07-09 05:51:34 UTC
Shocked

someone's mad

vexor is my favorite cruiser miners generally invest skills into drones so gallente are an obvious choice
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#38 - 2012-07-09 05:55:47 UTC
Oh so Very Mad.

you can just take your VEXOR and fly it into Azeroth, and use it's drones to mine pyrite.

Breezly Brewin
Vril Metaphysics Society
#39 - 2012-07-09 06:02:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Breezly Brewin
mithril*
if i flew a ship into azeroth it would be a covetor so when i got ganked by undead rogues it wouldnt be a major loss
but i may keep a vexor in the orca's ship maintenance to pwn said undead rogues with hammerheads
nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-07-09 06:13:28 UTC
every hulk i have ganked has had 2 mining upgrades on them. people need to learn that if they have only one account, fit cargo extenders and a good tank. if you have a alt that can hual. fit more tank in the lows. with tank in the meds. not that hard people. a DC with a bulkhead. this guy was telling me he had a hulk that was attacked by a hurricane, he lived because he had all tank, and after the guy failed he contracted him another hurricane and said... try it again.