These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#5561 - 2012-07-08 14:35:08 UTC
@Serena

I like the pose and the look of your character, but the background and light isn't that good. Maybe make the ligth abit brigther. 8/10

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Sharil
Doomheim
#5562 - 2012-07-08 15:42:47 UTC
Nicely done. I'm not big on the background, but that's a matter of personal preference, as it still works objectively. 8/10.
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5563 - 2012-07-08 15:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah Schneider
Sharil wrote:
Nicely done. I'm not big on the background, but that's a matter of personal preference, as it still works objectively. 8/10.

Sort of like the eye, and the skin freckles. Not so much for the chin and the piercings though, looks like pimples from further away. :( 7/10 Ooh, on second thought, I like the contrast between the avatar and the background, the framing works as well, so, 7.5/10

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Serena Serene
Heretic University
#5564 - 2012-07-08 16:19:57 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
@Serena

I like the pose and the look of your character, but the background and light isn't that good. Maybe make the ligth abit brigther. 8/10

Tried making the lighting a little brighter. I don't know when it'll update on the forums, though.

@Sarah:
I like the new background, but your make-up seems a little too intense. Lips are nice, but something strikes me odd about your eye make-up. Sorry I can't say it more specifically :/ Also part of your hair clips into your left cheek.
Still 8/10
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5565 - 2012-07-08 16:25:27 UTC
Sarah Schneider wrote:

Sarah Schneider, always a pleasure. I see you managed to put your hair back to hide the strap to get that "nude" feeling. As usual the best feature it's your hair, one of the best blondes out, and the pose, dreamlike, slightly intriguing, wiht those sexy bare shoulders. I would give a try to move the eyes in the same direction as the head, if even they become squint, to add dynamism. Also the lipstick could be a bit darker (as a rule of thumb, the lips should not be lighter than the eyes). Anyway, it's 9/10, solid.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Tomiko Kawase
Perkone
#5566 - 2012-07-08 18:17:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tomiko Kawase
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:

Sarah Schneider, always a pleasure. I see you managed to put your hair back to hide the strap to get that "nude" feeling. As usual the best feature it's your hair, one of the best blondes out, and the pose, dreamlike, slightly intriguing, wiht those sexy bare shoulders. I would give a try to move the eyes in the same direction as the head, if even they become squint, to add dynamism. Also the lipstick could be a bit darker (as a rule of thumb, the lips should not be lighter than the eyes). Anyway, it's 9/10, solid.

Your pose, shadow, and hairstyle emphasize your forehead in that shot. The amount of negative space on your forehead makes the shot lose a bit of depth and exaggerates the length of your face. Overall I think a different hairstyle and some more creative use of lighting could make for a more dynamic picture. 8/10
William Nimitz
Doomheim
#5567 - 2012-07-08 18:34:18 UTC  |  Edited by: William Nimitz
@Ishtanchuk Fazmarai

Pay no attention to the goon pet, you've captured the likeness of Lucy Liu perfectly.

10/10

It is a symptom of madness that thoughts become uncontrollably disjointed. This can be encouraged.

Tomiko Kawase
Perkone
#5568 - 2012-07-08 18:41:29 UTC
William Nimitz wrote:
@Ishtanchuk Fazmarai

Pay no attention to the goon pet, you've caputured the likeness of Lucy Liu perfectly.

10/10

Pretty generic beefcube 3/10

Points for effort, though
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5569 - 2012-07-08 20:22:58 UTC
Serena Serene wrote:
@Sarah:
I like the new background, but your make-up seems a little too intense. Lips are nice, but something strikes me odd about your eye make-up. Sorry I can't say it more specifically :/ Also part of your hair clips into your left cheek.
Still 8/10

Toned down the makeup, the new eye gave that effect of stronger eyeliner, eventhough it's actually at half intensity as it used to be. As for the hair clipping, blame :ccp:, can't really do this kind of pose and the hair waving effect without that particular issue with this hairstyle. Sad

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:

Thanks. I've tried a draker lipstick, doesn't work very well with blonde/light colored hairstyle tbh. Tried it for couple of hours a few times actually, couldn't get it to work the way I want, sadly.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Jax Bederen
Dark Horse RM
#5570 - 2012-07-08 20:32:40 UTC
Sarah I saw your pic a couple weeks ago and it was pretty stunning, if you follow all these changes your going to water it down, it's pretty clear you know what you are doing, so stick to your guns. This place can be pretty "catty" so don't take things to seriously.

Was 10/10 to me, but lost something since then. 9.0 for now.
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5571 - 2012-07-08 20:47:05 UTC
Jax Bederen wrote:
Sarah I saw your pic a couple weeks ago and it was pretty stunning, if you follow all these changes your going to water it down, it's pretty clear you know what you are doing, so stick to your guns. This place can be pretty "catty" so don't take things to seriously.

Was 10/10 to me, but lost something since then. 9.0 for now.

I usually tinker with the avatar mostly when I'm bored with the way it looks or when I think someone does made a good point, but tbh, I don't follow people's advice/suggestions blindly, especially if I don't like the ending result. Thank you though Big smile

Generals4
#5572 - 2012-07-08 21:42:30 UTC
Serena Serene wrote:

@Generals4:
Smug military guy. The shades make a kinda "wouldbe cool" impression on me, I don't think you need them. The "halo" is borderline ridiculous, but not in a bad way, maybe intentional? 7/10

Borderline? :(

@sarah: very nice (can't really comment any further), 9.12/10.4

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

William Nimitz
Doomheim
#5573 - 2012-07-08 21:45:38 UTC
I like the halo effect from the background and the Duke Nukem haircut, a little dark but still clear. 9/10

It is a symptom of madness that thoughts become uncontrollably disjointed. This can be encouraged.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5574 - 2012-07-08 22:01:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
William Nimitz wrote:

Nice name, randomized/standard everything else. Roll 5/10 for the surname.

(It's so hard to come by good male avatars... but not impossible, i've seen some and my HD holds them)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Secluse
Jaguar Jamboree
#5575 - 2012-07-09 00:31:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Secluse
Holy forehead.

10/10.
Serena Serene
Heretic University
#5576 - 2012-07-09 02:58:08 UTC
Sarah Schneider wrote:
Serena Serene wrote:
[stuff]

Toned down the makeup, the new eye gave that effect of stronger eyeliner, eventhough it's actually at half intensity as it used to be. As for the hair clipping, blame :ccp:, can't really do this kind of pose and the hair waving effect without that particular issue with this hairstyle. Sad
[...]

Looks much better now to me, even though it might just be a small change :)
Too bad about the hair, but it's actually not -that- bad.
I find the way my current hair falls on the left side (from the avatar's perspective) more irritating, to be honest xD but can't get it to go away. maybe I need to change my pose for that even though I've grown fond of the current one. Maybe just looking to the other side..

@Secluse:
I really like your picture. Can't really put my finger on the why. I'll just give you 9/10
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#5577 - 2012-07-09 03:01:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Cloned S0ul
297 sites Ugh

Come on! enough of this avatar adiction, guys if eve die you have to blame your sefl not CCP because you made this game as space barbi sims online, come on.

EvE Avatars it self are cool and probably best looking, other avatars form other games suck, and thank you CCP for it, but come on, this is space ship game not sims, stop kiling mature aspekt of sf game.

To CCP i think you need to focus on other games feature than making rumor with those avatars and clothers show, i like my new characters look and some of new nexus stuf, but come on im not sims fanatic, stop focusing on this barbie aspec forever, add to game dirty aspect and cold blood style, stop coloring this dark space.

I know EvE become a bit more interesing and fresh with new avatar this is easy to spot because meny people just love new avatar but this thing got bad sides and cons, you focusing more on visual aspect of game than in game it self, this may bring bad consequence for EvE in future.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#5578 - 2012-07-09 03:11:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
Cloned S0ul wrote:
-snip-.

Kinda off topic there.P

I like the skin tone, though the red uniform looks a little off in my opinion. I'll give you a 7.9/10.

Edit: went back and looked through the thread a bit... some avatars have changed and its funny reading the comments on the wrong images.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5579 - 2012-07-09 07:18:26 UTC
@ cloned soul: right, this thread has gotten slightly out of hand. Experimenting with the character editor and showing your results is all fine, but there is a markable decline of new and original ideas in this thread (kudos to generals4 btw, interesting new concept) and everything degraded more or less into a "rate my boobs"-circlejerk.

@corinna jarr: personally, I think this is the scariest avatar around and she always creeps me out. It's about the eyes that don't look at the camera but slightly besides it. Combined with the lack of expression on the face and the pale skin, it always reminds me of victorian death photographs....

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5580 - 2012-07-09 08:45:07 UTC
I think the pose needs a slight adjustment so that your right eye doesn't look, umm.. off. And maybe some different lighting. Not bad.