These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dear Raivi

Author
Rhodin Lazarith
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-07-08 22:06:44 UTC
How bout dem broadswords?

Faife
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2 - 2012-07-08 22:59:05 UTC
They do great in thrown matches.
Addrake
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-07-08 23:02:08 UTC
Somehow a test member trying to claim someone bought points, doesn't seem like much of a diss when you consider Test quite literally and openly bought their way out of the pre'quals when It should have gone to REVOLUTION.
Faife
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2012-07-08 23:04:36 UTC
Lol
Lynnly Rorschach
M Division
#5 - 2012-07-08 23:06:57 UTC
we knew going into the fight we were going to get a laugh. honest to god though, test it on sisi. beats any combo of vindis every time.
Gnaw LF
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-07-08 23:09:02 UTC
Lynnly Rorschach wrote:
we knew going into the fight we were going to get a laugh. honest to god though, test it on sisi. beats any combo of vindis every time.

Go back and watch the fight again, you barely scraped by and the last Vindi on the opposing team was not even shooting after the first minute of the engagement.
Lynnly Rorschach
M Division
#7 - 2012-07-08 23:13:15 UTC
Gnaw LF wrote:
Lynnly Rorschach wrote:

Go back and watch the fight again, you barely scraped by and the last Vindi on the opposing team was not even shooting after the first minute of the engagement.

between the tracking disruptors and asb, broadsword can tank one vindi... bro
cyanwo altx
North Western Swat.
#8 - 2012-07-08 23:25:18 UTC
Lynnly Rorschach wrote:
Gnaw LF wrote:
Lynnly Rorschach wrote:

No dude...he literally wasn't firing his guns...at all
raukosen
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-07-08 23:31:40 UTC
Lynnly Rorschach wrote:

Your broadsword was in like 30% shield when he stopped shooting.
There's no way you could've killed the last vindi before your broadsword ran out of charges and would've had to reload.
I guess you're as bad as FEARLESS. when it comes to flying Vindicators, because any properly flown team would win.
Rhodin Lazarith
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-07-08 23:31:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhodin Lazarith
He burned out one group of his guns at around the 2.5 minute mark, then proceeded to completely cap himself out running away from the centre of the arena.

Edit: Even vindi's have trouble tracking at 500m with two TD's on them. Mmmkay?

[ 2012.07.08 15:19:40 ] (combat) Neutron Blaster Cannon II belonging to Snake O'Connor misses you completely.
raukosen
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-07-08 23:37:24 UTC
Yeah well that's before he switched his web onto you
The last broadsword was unwebbed for like a good 20-30s
Serena Rae
Links are UP.
#12 - 2012-07-08 23:38:36 UTC
Rhodin Lazarith wrote:
He burned out one group of his guns at around the 2.5 minute mark, then proceeded to completely cap himself out running away from the centre of the arena.

Edit: Even vindi's have trouble tracking at 500m with two TD's on them. Mmmkay?

[ 2012.07.08 15:19:40 ] (combat) Neutron Blaster Cannon II belonging to Snake O'Connor misses you completely.

not when they have 90% webs mate
Rhodin Lazarith
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-07-08 23:44:12 UTC
Larkonis was the only one with a web on me, snake didn't re-apply it until he was MWD'ing away. With all honesty, the match wasn't a farce. We did test extensively against vindi's, there were mistakes made on both sides. I was hoping the other broadswords would last a bit longer, wasn't counting on them overheating for that long. Oh well.
Courtesan Anna
#14 - 2012-07-08 23:53:12 UTC
props to nulli. came up with a creative way to beat vindi teams. what's the issue?
Riku Klayton
Ember Inc.
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#15 - 2012-07-09 01:00:35 UTC
Aww Yeah! Go Nulli :P
Gnaw LF
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2012-07-09 01:30:38 UTC
Courtesan Anna wrote:
props to nulli. came up with a creative way to beat vindi teams. what's the issue?

Their setup beats diddly squat and only when diddly squat burns out his guns.
Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-07-09 02:34:32 UTC
Gnaw LF wrote:
Courtesan Anna wrote:

Their setup beats diddly squat and only when diddly squat burns out his guns.

And yet burn out his guns he did.

I think we know who God currently favors in ATX. Amarr Victor!

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

ry ry
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-07-09 06:55:14 UTC  |  Edited by: ry ry
Funnily enough, every time we tested vindis against that setup, the broadswords lost in predictably terrible fashion.

Despite that, I could have told you how this match would end. - Congrats to nulli you definately deserve to chest beat after your superior tactics and master class in virtuoso piloting won strictly against the odds.

Were I a gambler that'd be just the kind of odds I liked.
Hatsumi Kobayashi
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-07-09 13:17:11 UTC
Someone get PGL in here so he can justify the victory with a 2000 word essay with videos and graphs.

No sig.

Rrama Ratamnim
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-07-09 13:49:47 UTC
ry ry wrote:
Funnily enough, every time we tested vindis against that setup, the broadswords lost in predictably terrible fashion.

Despite that, I could have told you how this match would end. - Congrats to nulli you definately deserve to chest beat after your superior tactics and master class in virtuoso piloting won strictly against the odds.

Were I a gambler that'd be just the kind of odds I liked.

Ry Ry, next time you test make sure all your ships are pure gank and all of it is applied to the same vindi for the start of the match, also OL the ancil from the first shot hitting, and the guns :) It results in a surprising change of how that match ends...

It's still surprising that when the no one admits that when the 2nd broadsword went down the 1st vindi's entire tank was gone.... (Shield boosted ancil at 0 shield = not good) then the loss of the 2 broadswords meant -900 dps... and then came in the harpys adding another 520dps to the mix bringing the numbers back up to nearly 1000dps....

The mistake of your fleet was not killing those harpys, blarpys pack a major punch, and were majorly underestimated in this match to your demise it appears.

When your frigs came in a few times we actually worried a bit especially the jaguars... but no they ran off again when primaries were switched....

Oh and BTW theres no way in HELL you tested the broadswords vs the onerios/vindi setup, as that vindi litterally just melts under the 3 broadswords + 3 harps
12Next page