These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Two serious questions for the "Highsec Carebear"

Author
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#781 - 2012-07-07 21:41:04 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
What are you talking about?

Read the devblog.
Pipa Porto
#782 - 2012-07-07 21:53:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Where did I say you wouldn't be able to tank the Hulk? Or that the Hulk would be changed at all? (it might be, but I certainly don't know)

No free slots for any modules?

Only for those modules that come with ship (and will be required to build that ship):
3x ORE Strip Miner
1x ORE Survey Scanner
3x ORE Mining Laser Upgrade
2x Large Drone Mining Augmentor II

And as always ORE modules can be only received from ORE's LP store.

And of course everything drops when ship is destroyed.

What are you talking about?

Read the devblog.

I did. There is nothing about anything like forcing ORE fittings on mining barges.

Gonna stop lying yet?

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Cough Suppressant
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#783 - 2012-07-08 01:43:22 UTC
discussion would go smoother if you both just got a room,

roleplay it out, one of you can be the mittari the other can be the he/she with the hat

up to you
Pipa Porto
#784 - 2012-07-08 01:46:56 UTC
Cough Suppressant wrote:
discussion would go smoother if you both just got a room,

roleplay it out, one of you can be the mittari the other can be the he/she with the hat

up to you

You just want the video, don't you.

-RubyPorto

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#785 - 2012-07-08 02:47:12 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
I did. There is nothing about anything like forcing ORE fittings on mining barges.

"Best mining output" kinda means there's no way you can fit a tank.
MR DEMOS
DKL Fringe Division
3 Jackals
#786 - 2012-07-08 02:48:50 UTC
question 1 is irrelevant. Question 2 is there a cap for how much a PVP'er can loot from a wreck???
Pipa Porto
#787 - 2012-07-08 04:07:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

"Best mining output" kinda means there's no way you can fit a tank.

You don't actually read a word I type, do you?

You can fly a tankless Hulk for the best possible mining output, but you run the risk of being ganked for profit unless you take other steps to address that.

OR you can fly a tanked Hulk or a (Post Buff) Procurer/Skiff and render For-Profit ganks impossible.

Miner's choice.

Oh, and you still haven't explained what you were talking about re: ORE fittings.

-RubyPorto

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#788 - 2012-07-08 05:23:17 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
You can fly a tankless Hulk for the best possible mining output, but you run the risk of being ganked for profit unless you take other steps to address that.

OR you can fly a tanked Hulk or a (Post Buff) Procurer/Skiff and render For-Profit ganks impossible.

Devblog clearly states that Hulk will have little to average EHP. Since it is cruiser "little to average EHP" means 10k-15k EHP. So only way to minimize risk as a miner is to use Procurer/Skiff.

Pipa Porto wrote:
Oh, and you still haven't explained what you were talking about re: ORE fittings.

"Best mining output" part from devblog.
Pipa Porto
#789 - 2012-07-08 05:31:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

Devblog clearly states that Hulk will have little to average EHP. Since it is cruiser "little to average EHP" means 10k-15k EHP. So only way to minimize risk as a miner is to use Procurer/Skiff.

1) Or fly actively.

2) Even if that were true, what's the problem?

3) Do you have an advance Copy of the new Hulk? Neither do I. Stop lying and claiming you know numbers they have in mind.

Quote:

Pipa Porto wrote:

"Best mining output" part from devblog.

ORE stuff doesn't have better yield than T2. More Expensive != Better

And still, how does that relate to the Ship having a better yield than the other Ships?

-RubyPorto

Sharil
Doomheim
#790 - 2012-07-08 05:36:29 UTC
I'll answer the OP and just avoid the conversation that's evolved over 40 pages.

As a new(ish) player in a small corporation, I tend to stick to high-sec primarily out of a fear of the unknown. I do not know what is out there, but I'm certain that it is better trained, better equipped, and more knowledgeable than I am. So I run my missions and train my skills and fit my ships the best I can with what little I can make, with the hopes that someday, I'll be able to "compete" with those that dwell in low/null sec.

1. Acceptable risk: I'll fly any ship I can quickly replace as per the EVE adage: "Don't fly what you can't afford."
2. Acceptable income: Whatever I can make. Honestly. Every ISK counts. It's a pittance, but it's all I've got.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#791 - 2012-07-08 05:36:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Jorma Morkkis
Pipa Porto wrote:

You say it can be tanked to make profitable ganking impossible. Two T1 gank fit Catalysts can destroy it in 0.5 even with maximum tank (15k EHP).
Pipa Porto
#792 - 2012-07-08 05:39:44 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

You say it can be tanked to make profitable ganking impossible. Two T1 gank fit Catalysts can destroy it in 0.5 even whit maximum tank (15k EHP).

The Current Hulk (which is the only one we have numbers for) maxes at 36k vs Blasters, not 15k.

And EVEN if your lying numbers were true, the new Procurer will take the place of the Hulk when you're worried about ganking but CBA to pay attention to your 300m Isk investment.

Stop Lying.

-RubyPorto

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#793 - 2012-07-08 05:47:04 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
The Current Hulk (which is the only one we have numbers for) maxes at 36k vs Blasters, not 15k.

And EVEN if your lying numbers were true, the new Procurer will take the place of the Hulk when you're worried about ganking but CBA to pay attention to your 300m Isk investment.

Stop Lying.

Have you ever build anything in EVE? Have you ever tried to get most of materials needed by yourself? If I use Skiff instead after the change I would need three Skiffs just to keep up with manufacturing.

Why do you gankers always think miners mine just to get isk selling that ore?
Pipa Porto
#794 - 2012-07-08 05:53:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

Stop Lying.

Have you ever build anything in EVE? Have you ever tried to get most of materials needed by yourself? If I use Skiff instead after the change I would need three Skiffs just to keep up with manufacturing.

Do you even read the Devblog you keep asking me to read?

"Mining output: first and most visible balancing factor, plan is to increase all barge mining output to be within an acceptable margin of the Hulk, not miles behind as it is currently."

Acceptable margin is probably not 1/3

Oh, and having to stop and fix your losses because you're too boneheaded to fit/fly a tank will hurt your time-to-build just as badly as it would hurt your Isk Income

-RubyPorto

Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#795 - 2012-07-08 08:56:28 UTC
Bump for ***** and giggles.

Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

Stop Lying.

The way CCP presented it was that the hulk would mine the most, and the alternative(s) would mine less but tank like a BS. Since a BS can already mine more than anything but a covetor or hulk, the tanked ships will mine more than a BS, but less than a hulk.

Unless CCP fucks it up, which is 42% likely.
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#796 - 2012-07-08 08:59:29 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
You say it can be tanked to make profitable ganking impossible. Two T1 gank fit Catalysts can destroy it in 0.5 even whit maximum tank (15k EHP).

The Current Hulk (which is the only one we have numbers for) maxes at 36k vs Blasters, not 15k..

Actually, an anti-blaster Hulk fit (with maximum tank) can go up to 43k EHP with overheat. Just sayin.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Pipa Porto
#797 - 2012-07-08 09:23:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Sarah Schneider wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:

The Current Hulk (which is the only one we have numbers for) maxes at 36k vs Blasters, not 15k..

Actually, an anti-blaster Hulk fit (with maximum tank) can go up to 43k EHP with overheat. Just sayin.

I'm assuming T2/Meta, no Fleet and keeping enough tank vs EM and Exp to survive 2 Nado volleys, if your fit fits that bill, I'd love it if you posted it. I must be doing something wrong (or getting my head muddled by the head injury Jorma's taken).

-RubyPorto

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#798 - 2012-07-08 10:22:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Jorma Morkkis
Soundwave Plays Diablo wrote:
The way CCP presented it was that the hulk would mine the most, and the alternative(s) would mine less but tank like a BS. Since a BS can already mine more than anything but a covetor or hulk, the tanked ships will mine more than a BS, but less than a hulk.

Unless CCP fucks it up, which is 42% likely.

That's not going to happen. For example Procurer/Skiff would need 100% to strip miner mining yield bonus to even get close to Retriever/Mack and that's still quite far from Covetor/Hulk. Very unlikely that they would redesign all models.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#799 - 2012-07-08 10:27:34 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Very unlikely that they would redesign all models.
…you mean the thing they're in the process of doing? And why isn't it going to happen that the Skiff gets within a reasonable distance from the Hulk in terms of yield?
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#800 - 2012-07-08 10:32:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:
…you mean the thing they're in the process of doing? And why isn't it going to happen that the Skiff gets within a reasonable distance from the Hulk in terms of yield?

Only way to do it would be to add more high slots to Procurer/Skiff/Retriever/Mackinaw. Why new models? Well, imagine current Procurer ship model with three strip miners...