These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wallet time searches

Author
Spr09
Reign of Steel
Brave Collective
#1 - 2012-07-07 22:42:10 UTC
Right now, unless I want to do a lot of math I can't see how much isk/hour I make. I think a way to search a time period in your wallet and a number showing how much isk you gained or lost in that time would be a nice feature.
Daria Meridian Carlile
Necromatic Inc.
#2 - 2012-07-07 23:01:31 UTC
Spr09 wrote:
Right now, unless I want to do a lot of math I can't see how much isk/hour I make. I think a way to search a time period in your wallet and a number showing how much isk you gained or lost in that time would be a nice feature.

A lot of math? pick 2 points in your wallet, see the difference between them in time and money,

money difference / time difference in hours = isk/hour

If this is too high level, you really should be focusing on other things than computer games.
Spr09
Reign of Steel
Brave Collective
#3 - 2012-07-07 23:02:26 UTC
Daria Meridian Carlile wrote:
Spr09 wrote:

A lot of math? pick 2 points in your wallet, see the difference between them in time and money,

money difference / time difference in hours = isk/hour

If this is too high level, you really should be focusing on other things than computer games.

that includes losses too, I'm talking about just a base isk gain or loss. Not both of them.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2012-07-08 00:34:19 UTC
Then you should make a program to grab your API info and parse it to pull out the journal entries and only look at the positive or negative values and sum them up. It's fairly simple to do and would be exactly what you're looking for. This kind of thing is the exact reason that we have the API in the first place.

However, if you're looking for the developers to spend their time adding in such a feature because you're lazy to do the work yourself, then go ahead and get over it, there are more important things for the devs to work on.