These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

HUD - mission watchlist

Author
Bobo Cindekela
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-07-07 04:53:38 UTC
most other mmo have objective watchlists already, a small onscreen checklist of mission objectives, seperated by the mission names

pretty please with cream and sugar on top.

You are about to engage in an arguement with a forum alt,  this is your final warning.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-07-07 05:04:10 UTC
It's already in the game, it's called the Journal. If you feel the need to have stuff show up on your screen while you're doing the mission, feel free to pin it.

The reason that Eve doesn't have a permanent and static mission objective display is that those games are PvE games, Eve is a PvP game. The focus of those other MMOs is grinding missions, that's about all there is to do in those games. Eve is about PvP, PvE is an afterthought in Eve.
Bobo Cindekela
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-07-07 05:06:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobo Cindekela
if it was only PVP as you contend, we wouldnt have pve missions, go troll someone else w/ your overly blunt responses Big smile

i know the journal, its crap and not at all what i suggesting

my suggestion has the objective clearly visible or easily visible, not open mishon, scoll to bottam, squint thru wall of text and look for green circles

this isnt GD its ideas, "no its a bad one" isnt an idea, ideas or gtfo

You are about to engage in an arguement with a forum alt,  this is your final warning.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2012-07-07 05:14:43 UTC
I didn't say there's nothing but PvP. I said that the central purpose of Eve is PvP and that the PvE is in as an afterthought, which is true.

I'm not trolling, just replying. And It's "Features and Ideas Discussion". Note the discussion part. I'm discussing your idea, by telling you it's a bad idea and not something that Eve needs. Having a static display like that wouldn't add anything to the game, since all the information is already in the game and it's of very low priority anyways. Eve just isn't like other games and doesn't need the same UI that they do (you'll never see a mana bar in Eve either, go figure).

If you want an idea from me, my idea is that maybe you could just give this idea up.
Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-07-07 05:57:03 UTC
Maybe not a watchlist, but it would be nice to get a small notification when you complete a mission.

Occasionally plays sober