These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CCP, if your gonna update mining ships...

Author
Gun Gal
Dark Club
#1 - 2012-07-07 00:08:19 UTC
Why not really inject some fun into the whole mining industry,

OPEN UP .4 systems to moon miniing!!!

yes, since you can moon mine in .3 and lower, why not .4? theres a whole lotta unused space out there, not to mention like a thousand moons sitting unused!

hardly any towers ect set up as well, cause face it, infinately easier to set up a tower in highsec and be safe than set one up in a .4 and risk being hosed via capital.

ohh wait? big alliances move in?

then set a limit on how many moons you can have in a 0.4 sysetem for your alliance, hell, set a limit regardless for any alliance how many moons they can be mining.

There you go, once you do that there will be an exodus of small alliances into lowsec space, and inject some excellent fun, logistics, and challenges to your game.

as a side note i was bored today , sat in a .4 system and scouted it for three hrs, 5 planets 33 moons, two has towers, and in three hrs, a total of 11 people briefly went through, not one stayed.

how. fun.

dissect and discuss? sound or no?
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#2 - 2012-07-07 00:16:41 UTC
Gun Gal wrote:

then set a limit on how many moons you can have in a 0.4 sysetem for your alliance, hell, set a limit regardless for any alliance how many moons they can be mining.

All this sort of limit accomplishes is it makes alliances form a few dozen mining alliances for the express purpose of working around that system.

You cannot implement caps on nullsec organizations because most of their organization exists outside of EVE itself. Everything in EVE is merely a manifestation of something already there.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#3 - 2012-07-07 00:26:24 UTC
It could lower the value of null sec though. Your improving a small slice of space the ruins a big piece of space.

I suppose you wouldn't be able to mine tech in .4 space, or the best materials either. Maybe that wouldn't be too bad. But like ya said the risk for just mediocre materials wouldn't be worth it.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#4 - 2012-07-07 00:33:20 UTC
Meh... to complicated. Besides, your target will live inside the POS bubble. Easier to just make the rats bigger. Put some BS sized rats... oh wait, then I'm making it easier for the low-sec-status player to get into positive again... nevermind.

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#5 - 2012-07-07 00:37:04 UTC
There is this little thing called ring mining. It is hoping to "inject some fun into the whole mining industry" thing.
Gun Gal
Dark Club
#6 - 2012-07-07 00:37:13 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Gun Gal wrote:

All this sort of limit accomplishes is it makes alliances form a few dozen mining alliances for the express purpose of working around that system.

You cannot implement caps on nullsec organizations because most of their organization exists outside of EVE itself. Everything in EVE is merely a manifestation of something already there.

your right, after i posted this i realized that setting a limit would not be in the best interests of the sanbox mentality.

and yes, no tech moons, but why not start at lower end moon mining stuffs?

be a good introduction to corps, inject cash, make them see the advantages of actually moving lower sec instead of all the null vs carebear shinanigans.

omg i used shinanigans in a sentance, /slaps self
Gun Gal
Dark Club
#7 - 2012-07-07 00:41:36 UTC
Shameless Avenger wrote:
Meh... to complicated. Besides, your target will live inside the POS bubble. Easier to just make the rats bigger. Put some BS sized rats... oh wait, then I'm making it easier for the low-sec-status player to get into positive again... nevermind.

try not to be too negative this is a disccussion after all, and besides yes there will be more towers up, yes people other than nullsec will be making cash, and there will be many more battle for control, in my mind, that is, how i see it.

Gun Gal
Dark Club
#8 - 2012-07-07 00:44:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Gun Gal
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
There is this little thing called ring mining. It is hoping to "inject some fun into the whole mining industry" thing.

as i read it, ring mining was only for nullsec, hence not really an initiative for the highsec, lowsec crowds that seem to have a hard time leaving the sanctity of that space.
Cameron Cahill
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-07-07 01:04:49 UTC
Interesting idea, however the main problem is that low end minerals are usually not worth mining in that the profit made from mining them is not worth fueling the towers placed on them and as such they're not worth fighting over. The only reason anyone mines them is the fuel bonus in sov space makes them slightly profitable and saves on shipping when doing reactions.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#10 - 2012-07-07 01:07:47 UTC
Gun Gal wrote:

omg i used shinanigans in a sentance, /slaps self

Your suppose to get pistol whipped for saying that.

Don't be a farva.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#11 - 2012-07-07 01:17:54 UTC
"You're," not "your."

And, no.

Losec desperately needs buffing, but this kind of "buff" will do nothing but hand it over to the ******* derpwad null-tards. This is the last thing EVE in general, and losec in particular need.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Gun Gal
Dark Club
#12 - 2012-07-07 01:18:19 UTC
Cameron Cahill wrote:
Interesting idea, however the main problem is that low end minerals are usually not worth mining in that the profit made from mining them is not worth fueling the towers placed on them and as such they're not worth fighting over. The only reason anyone mines them is the fuel bonus in sov space makes them slightly profitable and saves on shipping when doing reactions.

i can see your point, but, fuel requirements seem so much easier nowdays than they were before, the fuel bp's vs the many components you needed previously.

speaking of witch, when did they change freightors material requirements, last time i made one i had to do minerals, this time its all capital components lol.

as well, i think it wouldnt have to be insanely profitable, but profitable enough that it would be a thing you can do as well in that space, instead of mobile labs, the storage bay, ect.

I think there is alot of people that would take the plunge , mobile labs, moon harvesting array as an example, start to introduce what it would be like to live in space outside of the norm.
Tarryn Nightstorm
#13 - 2012-07-07 01:23:58 UTC
Shameless Avenger wrote:
[...] Put some BS sized rats... oh wait, then I'm making it easier for the low-sec-status player to get into positive again... nevermind.

And why is this bad?

I guarantee more people would come to losec and happily PvP if that utter bullshit sec-status mechanic was severely nerfed--or, ideally, removed entirely--which means more ships and mods getting urp-spoded ---> increased demand for minerals and things built form same ---> more money for industrialists and miners.

Really, I don't understand how any halfway-smart industrialist doesn't champion the cause of total "free-for-all" PvP in losec (and maybe even hisec too) instead of whinging to be "100% safe," but that's a whole 'nother thread...

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Gun Gal
Dark Club
#14 - 2012-07-07 01:24:09 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
"You're," not "your."

And, no.

Losec desperately needs buffing, but this kind of "buff" will do nothing but hand it over to the ******* derpwad null-tards. This is the last thing EVE in general, and losec in particular need.

whelp, all i have to say on this is that lowsec does need something, its a wasteland out there,
systems totally devoid of life, and the occasional station system camped by pirates, and corps, with no incentive to do anything but sit at a gate, and noonb willing to come boot them out, cause, well thrers nothing to be had there.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#15 - 2012-07-07 01:28:58 UTC
^ The way it should be. Since everyone is a **** down there.

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-07-07 01:31:22 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Shameless Avenger wrote:
[...] Put some BS sized rats... oh wait, then I'm making it easier for the low-sec-status player to get into positive again... nevermind.

And why is this bad?

I guarantee more people would come to losec and happily PvP if that utter bullshit sec-status mechanic was severely nerfed--or, ideally, removed entirely--which means more ships and mods getting urp-spoded ---> increased demand for minerals and things built form same ---> more money for industrialists and miners.

Really, I don't understand how any halfway-smart industrialist doesn't champion the cause of total "free-for-all" PvP in losec (and maybe even hisec too) instead of whinging to be "100% safe," but that's a whole 'nother thread...

yeah, just like nullsec is FULL of people

NOT
Cameron Cahill
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-07-07 01:33:27 UTC
Gun Gal wrote:
Cameron Cahill wrote:

i can see your point, but, fuel requirements seem so much easier nowdays than they were before, the fuel bp's vs the many components you needed previously.

Its easy, but still expensive. I have done moon related **** for a long time, low level mining is almost always just not worth it.
Gun Gal
Dark Club
#18 - 2012-07-07 02:15:13 UTC
Cameron Cahill wrote:
Gun Gal wrote:
Cameron Cahill wrote:

Its easy, but still expensive. I have done moon related **** for a long time, low level mining is almost always just not worth it.

well that is just wrong :(

Tarryn Nightstorm
#19 - 2012-07-07 02:40:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Gilbaron wrote:
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Shameless Avenger wrote:

And why is this bad?

NOT

The problems of nullsec are almost 100% your own creation, bru.

****, or get off the pot.

E:

Granted, said problems exacerbated by utterly idiotic sov-mechanics, but the people who own a thing being pathologically self-absorbed, abrasive, miserable-bag-of-****-to-be-around, take-a-video-game-way-too-seriously twats, half of whom are probably RMT'ing? That's not the fault of any game mechanic, no matter how broken.

Cameron Cahill
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2012-07-07 11:34:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Cameron Cahill
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Shameless Avenger wrote:

And why is this bad?

NOT

The problems of nullsec are almost 100% your own creation, bru.

****, or get off the pot.

E:

Granted, said problems exacerbated by utterly idiotic sov-mechanics, but the people who own a thing being pathologically self-absorbed, abrasive, miserable-bag-of-****-to-be-around, take-a-video-game-way-too-seriously twats, half of whom are probably RMT'ing? That's not the fault of any game mechanic, no matter how broken.

And what does this have to do with lowsec moons?
12Next page